F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > F1 today
proTUNING Freaks

03-09-2022, 01:29 PM   #529
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveChester View Post
Mercedes rumoured to be turning up tomorrow with a sidepod less car that is utilising some new chemical cooling system....

Expect a RB protest from Karen Horner!
"a sidepod less car" ?

Just a sidepod ? Not sure that's going to be competitive ?

Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 1
      03-10-2022, 01:29 AM   #530
SteveChester
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Garage List
2014 BMW F82 M4  [0.00]
Just watching the testing now - wow from Mercedes!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2022, 01:53 AM   #531
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Just watching the testing now - wow from Mercedes!
What the heck.

Is this on the car? Looks like some wire fencing?
Attached Images

03-10-2022, 03:00 AM   #532
SteveChester
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW F82 M4  [0.00]
Sensors JustChris

Used a lot in testing to measure pressure flow etc
Appreciate 1
JustChris17487.50
      03-10-2022, 03:23 AM   #533
RustyBitz
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Garage List
Lots happening in F1 yesterday on socials.
Attached Images

[url=https://www.deutschespeed.com/threads/the-bimmerpost-refugee-thread.561/]Car[/url]
Appreciate 1
      03-10-2022, 05:42 AM   #534
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

...except you.re not 'really' an athlete Mazepin my friend. You're a billionaire's kid who's backed to the hilt with money. Sure there's a level (and respect to that) and your life is genuinely on the line in F1 but there 'must' be better drivers on skill ready for a seat.

Would be nice if he started a fund for I don't know......war victims?
RustyBitz1573.50
RhysoTDI180.50
sahajesh2294.00
      03-10-2022, 06:26 AM   #535
SimonBMW1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 4 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
What the heck.

Is this on the car? Looks like some wire fencing?
Diva spice aka Horner will soon moan and protest.
Was watching The Duel on Sky, All year Diva spice was in Masi's ear about getting decisions to go MAx's Way. That deal in Saudi was pathetic at the red flag.
Max is only champion on paper and standings, Everyone knows he flopped it when it mattered at the last few races. The car he had, the championship should have been won in Mexico.

2021 the year of the Tainted Champion.

The fencing is aero rakes, used to gather airflow info.
Appreciate 3
JustChris17487.50
BR2725.50
      03-10-2022, 08:44 AM   #536
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
...except you.re not 'really' an athlete Mazepin my fried. You're a billionaire's kid who's backed to the hilt with money. Sure there's a level (and respect to that) and your life is genuinely on the line in F1 but there 'must' be better drivers on skill ready for a seat.
...plus you have little/no significant influence on the world stage, and you refused to denounce Russia's/Putin's actions in Ukraine.

#armchairracingdriver
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 2
RustyBitz1573.50
JustChris17487.50
      03-10-2022, 11:17 AM   #537
SteveChester
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW F82 M4  [0.00]
The season hasn't even begun and already Karen Horner is complaining thats someone's done a better job than him!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/60697803
Appreciate 3
      03-10-2022, 12:28 PM   #538
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
The season hasn't even begun and already Karen Horner is complaining thats someone's done a better job than him!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/60697803
"It's called innovation Christian"
      03-11-2022, 09:27 AM   #539
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Impressive 180 from Karen...

Red Bull team principal Christian Horner was in the news conference over lunch time, and was asked for his views on the upgraded Mercedes that has appeared in Bahrain. A bit of background first, though.

On Thursday, Horner was quoted by Germany’s Auto Motor Und Sport saying the design of the side-pods and crash structures used as wings on the Mercedes was “a step too far… for us, these wings are illegal”.

Red Bull first said the quotes were “incorrect” and then that they were not “official”.

In the news conference, Horner described the Mercedes as “interesting”, “innovative” and “extreme”, adding: “Whether we think it’s legal or not, yes, it looks like it ticks all the boxes.”

He was asked what had made him change his mind. “Comments have been quoted that weren’t made,” he replied. “It is an innovative solution. The Mercedes car looks like it complies with the regulations.”

This writer spoke to the story’s author, Michael Schmidt, on Thursday. Schmidt is one of the most experienced and respected journalists in F1, a veteran of more than 30 years’ experience. Very few people in the paddock - if any - would believe he made the quotes up. He insisted that the story was accurate.
      03-11-2022, 10:07 AM   #540
SteveChester
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW F82 M4  [0.00]
Horner really is a dick!
Appreciate 2
      03-11-2022, 10:28 AM   #541
winther1
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i Gran Coupe with MPPSK

Welcome back Kevin - 1st good thing to come out of the conflict. Saying this as a fellow Dane
However, regardless of what you think of Mazepin, I think it's ridiculous to end the career of sports people because of Putin's actions. He does not give a shit. Lumping in all Russians with Putin is just legitimising the hatred towards them, not stopping the madman. I might be biased, but my 10-year old son is half Russian and feeling the pressure in school these days to the point where he doesn't want to go.

Anyway, hoping Haas will have a better shot this season.
      03-11-2022, 10:41 AM   #542
DB118D
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 118d Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonBMW1 View Post
Diva spice aka Horner will soon moan and protest.
Was watching The Duel on Sky, All year Diva spice was in Masi's ear about getting decisions to go MAx's Way. That deal in Saudi was pathetic at the red flag.
Max is only champion on paper and standings, Everyone knows he flopped it when it mattered at the last few races. The car he had, the championship should have been won in Mexico.

2021 the year of the Tainted Champion.

The fencing is aero rakes, used to gather airflow info.
If you don't believe that documentary is deliberately edited that way by Sky, then you don't know how TV works

I watched all of 5 minutes of it in passing and can only describe it as a Hamilton wank-fest. The only thing worse is BBC's Andrew Benson
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2022, 01:52 PM   #543
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by winther1 View Post
I think it's ridiculous to end the career of sports people because of Putin's actions. He does not give a shit. Lumping in all Russians with Putin is just legitimising the hatred towards them, not stopping the madman.
To the contrary, I think it's absolutely justified. It sends a strong message from the rest of the world - a message which is getting stronger by the hour.

As Russia's (perhaps self-appointed) leader, Putin represents the nation. His actions and decisions create the outcomes which determine the reputation of the country, and the reputations of the people within it.

If the Russian people don't like the effects of Putin's decisions, and the actions of its armed forces, then it's time (long overdue) to change the leader.

It's always a shame when children suffer as a result of those that should know better, especially those children who are currently living in tube stations, basements, buses, as a refugee in a foreign country, or have died.
Appreciate 4
RustyBitz1573.50
JustChris17487.50
Ennoch2257.00
damack188.50
      03-11-2022, 02:07 PM   #544
RustyBitz
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Welcome back Kevin - 1st good thing to come out of the conflict. Saying this as a fellow Dane
However, regardless of what you think of Mazepin, I think it's ridiculous to end the career of sports people because of Putin's actions. He does not give a shit. Lumping in all Russians with Putin is just legitimising the hatred towards them, not stopping the madman. I might be biased, but my 10-year old son is half Russian and feeling the pressure in school these days to the point where he doesn't want to go.

Anyway, hoping Haas will have a better shot this season.
I think with him, it makes perfect sense. His dad is in Putins inner circle. He was a pay driver, with dad sponsoring Haas. Haas removed the sponsor, driver is removed.

[url=https://www.deutschespeed.com/threads/the-bimmerpost-refugee-thread.561/]Car[/url]
Appreciate 2
JustChris17487.50
Ennoch2257.00
      03-11-2022, 02:19 PM   #545
RustyBitz
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Karen is a twat

https://twitter.com/mr_lawrence4/sta...957440515?s=21

Appreciate 1
JustChris17487.50
      03-11-2022, 02:19 PM   #546
MY340i
Major
Rep
Drives: Various

Drive to survive skrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2022, 03:55 AM   #547
winther1
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsey View Post
Quote:
I think it's ridiculous to end the career of sports people because of Putin's actions. He does not give a shit. Lumping in all Russians with Putin is just legitimising the hatred towards them, not stopping the madman.
To the contrary, I think it's absolutely justified. It sends a strong message from the rest of the world - a message which is getting stronger by the hour.

As Russia's (perhaps self-appointed) leader, Putin represents the nation. His actions and decisions create the outcomes which determine the reputation of the country, and the reputations of the people within it.

If the Russian people don't like the effects of Putin's decisions, and the actions of its armed forces, then it's time (long overdue) to change the leader.

It's always a shame when children suffer as a result of those that should know better, especially those children who are currently living in tube stations, basements, buses, as a refugee in a foreign country, or have died.
So if the ordinary Russian doesn't rise up to Putin, they deserve it?
I don't know anything about Mazepin's Putin connections, but I find stuff like this over the top
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2027067.html
      03-12-2022, 06:17 AM   #548
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Watsey;28677500"
Quote:

Yes.

If ordinary Russians aren't strong enough to remove their aggressor leader, or are oblivious to world events, they should (IMO) experience a degree of pain / inconvenience and therefore understand that their country doesn't operate in a vacuum.

Regime change is best when it's forced by the people. Maybe a fraction of the pain, compared to the people of Ukraine, will open their eyes.
Appreciate 1
JustChris17487.50
      03-12-2022, 07:18 AM   #549
winther1
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes.

If ordinary Russians aren't strong enough to remove their aggressor leader, or are oblivious to world events, they should (IMO) experience a degree of pain / inconvenience and therefore understand that their country doesn't operate in a vacuum.

Regime change is best when it's forced by the people. Maybe a fraction of the pain, compared to the people of Ukraine, will open their eyes.
43 years and we are still waiting for Iranians to rise up against the regime most of them hate. Its not easy when the punishment from psychopathic leaders is so harsh. Hopefully things will be easier in Russia.
Anyway, don't want to derail the thread, as you were