F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > German car service near Silver Lake CA
Extreme Powerhouse

11-05-2021, 11:59 AM   #1
pkancel
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

German car service near Silver Lake CA

My friend lives in Silverlake and has a later model Audi A6 that is at the tail end of its lease and the brake service light is on. They are not car savvy at all and asked me. I told them the best case is pads only or worst case is pads and rotors across all 4 wheels. Likely it just needs the fronts but they have to do this before they turn in the car.

The dealer will be expensive so can anyone refer a good, reliable, and reasonable service center near Silverlake please?

Tried asking this on Audizine but apparently out of the thousands of Audi owners, no one can respond or provide an options. Not that it matters, any car good car service.

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2021, 04:25 PM   #2
Gen13 F36
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 428i Gran Coupe

It's a lease....are they returning it or buying it.

If returning then just go to any ASE certified mechanic just to replace brake pad and rotors. Midas will do 🤣

Sorry it's an Audi ....right 🙈
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2021, 05:44 PM   #3
pkancel
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Yep, Audi and returning it. Rather not send them to Midas, I took my Jeep Grand Cherokee to one here in OC and they did everything they could to rack up my bill as much as possible. Fortunately I knew better
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2021, 06:52 PM   #4
Gen13 F36
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 428i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkancel View Post
Yep, Audi and returning it. Rather not send them to Midas, I took my Jeep Grand Cherokee to one here in OC and they did everything they could to rack up my bill as much as possible. Fortunately I knew better
The problem with what you said is you gave your jeep with an open bank book.

You have to be specific with this mechanic shop. If you tell them fix my jeep and leave it there then you get what coming right.

Btw... There a list of what to inspect for least return. Mostly wear items and cosmetics. You don't need the car to look like new.

Your last resort... If nobody give recommendation. I don't live in the area.

Last edited by Gen13 F36; 11-05-2021 at 07:03 PM..
Appreciate 0