F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > M sport bumpers for standard f30 questions
proTUNING Freaks

02-26-2017, 06:44 PM   #1
bmessi
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Alpine White

M sport bumpers for standard f30 questions

Hey everyone!

I've had my 328i (my first BMW) for about a year now and I absolutely love it. Over the last few months, I've been noticing how amazing the M sport front bumper looks as opposed to the standard version, which is what I have now.

I've done some research on the forums and I still have some questions, hoping that someone with more experience can answer these for me. Thank you so much!

1. I've seen people talking about "rep" (I'm assuming replica, as in not from BMW or their manufacturers) M sport bumpers, where can I find these for purchase?
2. Basically, where is the best/cheapest place to get the bumpers?
3. Is it possible to install by myself? (I'm good at DIY type stuff)
4. How much would a body shop charge to paint my bumper alpine white and install?
5. Will my factory headlights and fog lights be compatible with the M sport bumper?
6. Are there any other concerns I should have about compatability/any other expensive parts I'll need for the switch?

I think I've read all the pertinent threads, but please feel free to point me in the direction if there are any comprehensive ones I've missed! Thank you so much!!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2017, 07:21 PM   #2
MYF30ROCKS
Life is short make it smart
Rep
Drives: F30 335IX M-Sport,HK,MPE,MPPK

Typical reps are about 300-400, painting would cost about $250-350.
Installation should be easy, you need take both front wheels off, fog light should be compatible but you need to buy grill adapter.
11 328XI M-Sport, Montego Blue, sedan
03 M3 Black (Retired)
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2017, 08:37 PM   #3
tgmsocal
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i 6MT

I was quoted ~$1600 for paint/install of full kit (front, sides, rear). ~600-700 for paint/install of front bumper alone.

Based on what I've read, these quotes are reasonable for a shop that uses OEM BMW paint and has a solid reputation. If you're in Cali you can prob get a bit cheaper just because of the amount of competition. Keep in mind that paint is not something to skimp on.

GL!

-tgm
Appreciate 0