F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Slight lowering of the F31 lci M-Sport
proTUNING Freaks

08-27-2021, 03:21 AM   #1
jukej
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 lci M-Sport

Slight lowering of the F31 lci M-Sport

Hi!
I've a 2018 F31 with M-sport set but the issue is that car is not in perfect balance; The front end is a little bit too high (as you can see from my pic). So, some slight lowering should be done. Suggestion?

I saw some cars like smithers330d and just like to confirm was this the set that was in that f31 (https://shop.ac-schnitzer.co.uk/susp...rom-4387-p.asp)
Of course it's different car 330d vs. 318d but anyhow..
When you change springs that lowers so little, is there a need to change the shocks also?

Thanks for any suggestions!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-05-2021, 04:53 PM   #2
MasonF30
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i xDrive

Hi there!
I contemplated getting just springs for the price point but I'm glad I went with the shocks as well. Mainly getting coil-overs for the fronts, and an adjustable puck for the spring in the rear. If you upgrade just the springs imo you are just hoping you get what you want, as far as fitment goes. With Coil-overs you have a wide range of adjustment for ride height. There are a few threads that talk about different options as far as brands go, but all do about the same thing as far as ride height adjustment.

Hope this helps
Appreciate 0