F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > F33 convertible top failures
GetBMWParts

09-16-2021, 07:59 PM   #23
IcewaterPete
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 F33 M Sport, 2021 M2C 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandw View Post
Helpful pdf for lubing
Wow! Many thanks for posting this. Excellent details. I’ll be sure to keep this handy and I’m ordering the suggested products now! Huge help!
Appreciate 1
      10-07-2021, 04:53 PM   #24
ripplemarc
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 428i xDrive f33

Garage List
Hi,

I have a 2016 F33. I love it- Great car.

A few days ago, I had the same problem with my top.

1st I discovered that the right side Tension wire had snapped. I replaced that part, but as I was working on it, I realized that the interior trim piece was still very loose.

I then discovered that the part with the spring hinge was also broken.

The small piece of plastic that holds the spring in place is what broke off.
See Picture - the small red circle is where mine is broken.

I am trying to find a replacement part for the piece circled in big red circle.
It looks like that is a separate piece held on with 2 bolts.

Unfortunately, I am having a very difficult time finding the part # for this part. My Local BMW dealer couldn't identify it either.

Can anybody please help me find the correct part #?

Thank you very much.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 05:34 PM   #25
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Have you checked www.realoem.com?
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

10-08-2021, 01:09 AM   #26
ripplemarc
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 428i xDrive f33

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
Have you checked www.realoem.com?
Thank you, I did. It was the 1st place I looked, but there is not a clear picture of that part in any of the diagrams.

Sorry if this is a bit long, but more details:

Yesterday I asked a friend who runs a body shop to help me, and he spoke with his BMW parts supplier, and they weren't 100% sure, but they gave us a possible part #, but from the diagram they sent us (same diagram as realoem), it was impossible to determine if it is the correct part or not. (See Photo 1 & 2 - suggested part is #7 in Photo1)

So my friend suggested that I take the car over to his supplier (getbmwparts.com, since they are the parts dept. of my local BMW dealer) and show him where it was broken.

First I spoke to my friend's contact in the wholesale parts dept., but he wouldn't really give me any information, saying he only deals with wholesale, and to have my friend contact him to discuss it.

So then I tried to talk to someone in the regular/consumer parts dept.
He looked at my car and said that he wasn't sure which part I needed, but then he showed me a diagram and told me that I needed to replace the entire right side motor assembly for $1989.

I knew this wasn't right because the diagram he showed me wasn't even anywhere near where the broken part is located - it was of the motor part that is located by the taillights. (See Photo 3). I kept telling him that this was not the correct part, and that all I needed was just a small plastic piece, but he kept insisting that the only way they sell it is as one big giant combined part for $1989, and that the reason that I couldn't see the part I needed in his diagram was because it was inside the other parts.

So after I got back home tonight, I tried searching online again and found this thread. Thank you to IcewaterPete, your 1st photo was very helpful.

I got the part info for #7 from realoem (54377204892 Bracket, C-pillar hatch, right) and did a search for that part.

According to realoem, this part should only cost $1.28.

This is where things got more confusing. All of the sites I saw that said this part would fit my car, only had Photos 1 & 2, so I'm still not sure this is the right piece.

I also saw the part listed on several other sites such as turnermotorsport and ecstuning, which did have a real picture and it looked like the part I need, but they both say that this part is for an E93 only, and will not fit my car.
All of these sites offer the part from $30-$35.

Can someone please help me confirm if this is the correct that I need, or if not, what is?

Also, why is there such a price difference between realoem and other retailers? If this is the correct part, is there a way to get this part from realoem for $1.28?

Thank you very much for your help.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0