F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Coding Question
Studio RSR

09-10-2016, 04:28 AM   #1
Bambazonke
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 & 2020 X5

Garage List
  [0.00]
Coding Question

Good day all
I am trying to activate video playback via usb in my HU_CIC (Business Navigation 606) via FDL coding
Can anyone tell me what the following means
CDMM_USB
CDMM_VIDEO
Both of these functions are not active and I was wondering do I have activate these as well?
Secondly will the video function work on both the usb port and the phone snap in adapter or only in the later as stated in the owner's manual and with the professional navigation unit only.

Thanks in advance
      09-10-2016, 10:34 AM   #2
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

It is not going to work via HU_CIC. The only thing that does is video via phone is you have older iphone 4.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2016, 04:39 PM   #3
Bambazonke
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Thank you for that I have an old iphone 4S with a snap in adapter and will try it out.
Secondly in my FA coding I have 8SX (Prov.assignm.for Telematic/Online serv). Not exactly sure what this means could you please elaborate on this as you and Shawn are the gurus on this topic.

I am also trying to get the data transfer option up and going via BT so I can atleast get my emails and messages. Is there any chance I can get this working or will I have to get an FSC CODE. I have trawled through the various threads on this subject and tried out what others members have used but to no avail.
      09-11-2016, 04:57 PM   #4
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

For HU_CIC, I am not sure.

In general, all you need is office functions enabled to pull text and email. However, only certain phones and OS's are supported. For example, my phone has no issue with text messages, but email was only pulled when I updated OS from Android 4.3 to 5.0 and use stock email client.

You can do a compatibility check.

FSC code would be required if you do not have active BMW ConnectedDrive and want to pull emails through vehicle sim rather than over bluetooth or directly connected phone. This is incredibly slow and more of a gimmick in my experience.

8SX: The services intelligently combine the BMW Navigation system Professional with the built-in mobile SIM. BMW provides a wide range of tailored information, which includes up-to-date, location-based traffic news sent straight to your vehicle
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2016, 04:40 PM   #5
Bambazonke
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Thanks for that had a look at the compatibility check and it doesn't look good for either the wife's iphone 6 or my old iphone 4 with regards to getting emails and messages via office.
      09-12-2016, 06:10 PM   #6
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambazonke View Post
Thanks for that had a look at the compatibility check and it doesn't look good for either the wife's iphone 6 or my old iphone 4 with regards to getting emails and messages via office.
You are welcome.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2017, 06:48 AM   #7
Bambazonke
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Well after nearly 7 months I have at last managed to get messages from an iPhone 4s and 6 to display on both my HU_CHAMP2 and NBT2 in my wife's new X3 by trial & error FDL coding.
My 4s worked with no issues with the NBT but only when at standstill. Changed a few codings in the NBT and then got it to display and read them out whilst in motion. iPhone 6 initially refused to work until I deleted the phone from the BT list and then re-paired it. I have now discovered every time you do an OS upgrade on the phone you must remove and re-pair the phone to the car for this to continue working.

Using the NBT settings as a guideline I FDL coded the CHAMP2 unit it worked in a similar manner to the NBT2 unit. Happy days......