F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Airbag error code after paddle retrofit
proTUNING Freaks

08-19-2020, 01:09 AM   #1
fl0rizz
Registered
Rep
Drives: F31 LCI

Airbag error code after paddle retrofit

Hi guys,

I retrofitted paddle shifters in my F31 for which I had to remove the airbag and steering wheel. Before I did this, I disconnected the battery. After the retrofit, I connected the battery again and then the driver airbag gave the below error:

Code 930904 driver airbag resistance too high.

I disconnected the battery again and then checked the airbag. When I pulled the airbag out, the connector came with it so it was never properly "clicked" in place. I then connected again properly, tried to remove the error (with Bimmerlink and Esys Transmitter) but it's not going away.

I am really lost, what could cause this issue? I didn't do anything else but remove the airbag and reinstall it. Do I need a proper diagnotic tool to remove the error? Anything else I can try?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2020, 12:38 AM   #2
LongRuf
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 328d

If I recall, the airbag error such as that needs to be done with a proper tool. It was caused by the connector never fully being reinstalled prior to reconnecting the battery.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0