F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Fabric sport interior to leather sport interior?
ARMA SPEED

10-15-2018, 10:06 AM   #1
whatnot
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F31 320iAX Sport

Fabric sport interior to leather sport interior?

I was offered a good condition (in pictures) full (manual) black leather interior for 600EUR. Seems too good of a deal to not pass.

I currently have the same (manual too) sport interior but with black fabric. So I guess I wouldn't need to do any cabling or coding? Just change the seats and door panels to the new ones.

My interior has 31k miles on it, the seller says the leather one has "under 62k miles".

Any tips what I should look for? besides the obvious cracks and worn parts of the leather? Can I easily see if the leather was repaired? Test the seats with damp cloth to see if they release color?

And of course you need to talk me out of it or talk me into it. I am planning on keeping the car for 3-4 years so I don't really mind buying the interior if its in really good condition. The last 3 cars that I have had all had leather interior and I tried to find a F31 with leather interior when I was buying my F31, but couldn't find any for sale.
Appreciate 0