F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > 2014 320i Broken side mirror frame and scratch marks on center console
Studio RSR

01-25-2022, 08:08 PM   #1
sadi060
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i

2014 320i Broken side mirror frame and scratch marks on center console

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post.

I recently bought a 2014 320i. It has two minor cosmetic damage. One exterior and one interior.

1. The frame of the lefthand side mirror is broken. (Please see the picture for details)
2. The centre console has scratch marks on its surface. (Please see the picture for details)

I am thinking of putting on a cap or some kind of plastic cover to hide them. But any good suggestions from you guys are welcomed.

Please help!

Thanks in advance.

---SADI
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 10:05 PM   #2
WallySlash
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 428xi Sport Line

Garage List
2014 BMW 428xi  [9.00]
Both damaged parts are available for purchase. Check eBay to locate by part number.

You can visit realoem to obtain the part numbers based on your vin.

I would assume that mechanically the vehicle is in great shape?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 06:32 AM   #3
sadi060
Australia
Rep

Hi WallySlash,

Thank you so much for getting back to me on this.

Yes, the vehicle is in good condition mechanically. And there is no other cosmetic damage except those two.

I am wondering, is it possible to find any cover that would hide those two places? Like I am afraid to spend heaps replacing those pieces of stuff from eBay.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 07:13 AM   #4
oem.plus_440gc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i XDrive GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi060 View Post
Hi WallySlash,

Thank you so much for getting back to me on this.

Yes, the vehicle is in good condition mechanically. And there is no other cosmetic damage except those two.

I am wondering, is it possible to find any cover that would hide those two places? Like I am afraid to spend heaps replacing those pieces of stuff from eBay.

Cheers!
My center console piece near the idrive controller was also scratched (as was just about every interior piece). I chose to get carbon fiber pieces to cover it for now and will look to upgrade to the M3/4 interior replacement pieces in carbon fiber in the long term. If you don't like the carbon fiber look, you could always get one of the cover pieces and vinyl wrap them in the color of your choice.
Current: 2019 440i xDrive Gran Coupe - Alpine White, Coral Red Dakota Leather, 8AT, MSport, THP, BM3; 2015 X5 35i xDrive - Mineral White Metallic, Mocha Dakota Leather; Previous: 2015 Subaru WRX - World Rally Blue, Premium, FBO+Tune
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2022, 10:03 AM   #5
sadi060
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oem.plus_440gc View Post
My center console piece near the idrive controller was also scratched (as was just about every interior piece). I chose to get carbon fiber pieces to cover it for now and will look to upgrade to the M3/4 interior replacement pieces in carbon fiber in the long term. If you don't like the carbon fiber look, you could always get one of the cover pieces and vinyl wrap them in the color of your choice.
I see. Thank you so much for your suggestions. I am happy with the carbon fibre option that you have suggested. Can you please tell me from which website I should be getting them? Is it possible to install them by myself or do I need to hire someone for that?

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 07:26 AM   #6
oem.plus_440gc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i XDrive GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi060 View Post
I see. Thank you so much for your suggestions. I am happy with the carbon fibre option that you have suggested. Can you please tell me from which website I should be getting them? Is it possible to install them by myself or do I need to hire someone for that?

Cheers!
I ordered mine from Amazon. But my car is LHD, whereas yours looks to be RHD from the pictures so the exact one I got wouldnt work for you. But take a look on amazon/ebay and you'll be able to find something that should work!
Current: 2019 440i xDrive Gran Coupe - Alpine White, Coral Red Dakota Leather, 8AT, MSport, THP, BM3; 2015 X5 35i xDrive - Mineral White Metallic, Mocha Dakota Leather; Previous: 2015 Subaru WRX - World Rally Blue, Premium, FBO+Tune
Appreciate 0