F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > CarPlay USB Unlock = BimmerCode App unable to code HU_NBT_EVO
GetBMWParts

01-14-2022, 03:45 AM   #23
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by G30VKS View Post
Hello almaretoo can you guide me on how to revert coding off lifetime subscription
My car is a 2017 g30
I want to revert coding then code some things into the head unit and then recode CarPlay as I am having the error were I can’t access the nbt module because
It is not in its original state and if you do know a way you can bypass this to code then that would be helpful

Also when I revert coding I want to do a software update on the idrive which I can’t currently do will the same file I used before work to code CarPlay back
If you use E-sys, there should be no access restriction.
Appreciate 1
1004ron16.00
      01-14-2022, 08:52 AM   #24
G30VKS
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G30

Thanks for reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Quote:
Hello almaretoo can you guide me on how to revert coding off lifetime subscription
My car is a 2017 g30
I want to revert coding then code some things into the head unit and then recode CarPlay as I am having the error were I can’t access the nbt module because
It is not in its original state and if you do know a way you can bypass this to code then that would be helpful

Also when I revert coding I want to do a software update on the idrive which I can’t currently do will the same file I used before work to code CarPlay back
If you use E-sys, there should be no access restriction.
Can you let me know on how to do revert the coding data through e-sys I don't have luncher pro 3.0 so not sure about the fdl mapping
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 04:01 AM   #25
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
My car is a 2017 g30

Just VO code with E-sys and you will be able to code module again.

If you really want to restore OEM FSC, method will depend on how you converted to custom FSC.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 08:15 AM   #26
G30VKS
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G30

Quote:
Quote:
My car is a 2017 g30

If you really want to restore OEM FSC, method will depend on how you converted to custom FSC.
Quote:
Quote:
My car is a 2017 g30
I want to revert coding then code some things into the head unit and then recode CarPlay as I am having the error were I can't access the nbt module because

Also when I revert coding I want to do a software update on the idrive which I can't currently do will the same file I used before work to code CarPlay back

I'm not really sure how to go code I know it was done by usb proviso owner
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 09:53 AM   #27
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
https://www.bimmerfest.com/threads/c...#post-13628154
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2023, 08:34 AM   #28
julian204
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330e

Quote:
Did you ever manage to sort this out? I can't code my headunit with Bimmercode either, as I have altered it by USB unlocking it so it accepts new map update files.

I don't have esys installed (yet), and I'm not really sure what to do exactly once I do have it installed.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2023, 09:54 PM   #29
TheNine90
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw

You need to VO code the headunit. Check the link above for guides.
Appreciate 1
      03-02-2023, 02:17 AM   #30
julian204
Private
Netherlands
Rep

Possibly a stupid question, but my car will be at the dealer next week for service. Is there a risk of them bricking the headunit if they try to update the car, if I don't VO code the headunit before then?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2023, 06:08 AM   #31
TheNine90
Banned
Rep

The issue is only bimmercode cant read it. Esys and ISTA can read it.
It unlikely they will brick the module. Even if you dont VO code they wont have an issue. The issue is the non-oem FSC. If there is an update to the HU they will just flash it and it will return to stock configuration. This might brings problems due to non oem FSC being wiped. They you will be forced to buy navigation FSC activation from them.

Its recommended before going to dealer that you return the HU to original configuration.
Appreciate 1
      03-02-2023, 07:14 AM   #32
julian204
Private
Netherlands
Rep

Thanks for your reply! Good to know that it's just Bimmercode and that it shouldn't cause any further issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNine90 View Post
Its recommended before going to dealer that you return the HU to original configuration.
Since you said they won't have an issue updating the car even when I don't VO code my HU, I assume this means the dealer can always see that I've flashed my HU with non-OEM codes, and therefore hold me responsible when something does go wrong? Just wondering, since my dealer appt is in less than a week, and I'm not sure if I will have enough time before then to get the hang of using Esys and VO code my HU back to stock.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2023, 07:20 AM   #33
julian204
Private
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
This might brings problems due to non oem FSC being wiped. They you will be forced to buy navigation FSC activation from them.
If my non-OEM FSCs get wiped by a dealer update, could I not just flash the HU again with the file I used the first time, instead of buying a navigation FSC code?

Also, if my car were to be updated and my non-OEM FSCs get wiped, does that mean my currently installed map will stop working straight away? Or only if I try to update to a newer map with new files on a USB drive?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2023, 07:22 AM   #34
TheNine90
Banned
Rep

If its non-oem fsc they will notice it. It depends how you activate the patch, if using usb then flash the HU, this will clear the patch. If you used enet activation then you can rerun the activation and restore the Hu to original state. After dealer visit run code again to apply patch
Appreciate 1
      03-04-2023, 06:38 AM   #35
julian204
Private
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by julian204 View Post
Also, if my car were to be updated and my non-OEM FSCs get wiped, does that mean my currently installed map will stop working straight away? Or only if I try to update to a newer map with new files on a USB drive?
Would anybody happen to know the answer to this?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2023, 07:32 AM   #36
TheNine90
Banned
Rep

You can reuse the reuse code
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2023, 07:33 AM   #37
TheNine90
Banned
Rep

The navigation would be disabled.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2023, 12:39 AM   #38
TycStyle
Rep
Drives: BMW M420i F36 B48

Hello everyone

New to the scene of coding since I purchased my first '19 F36 recently.
I've received my Bluetooth connector (Vgate iCar) and have successfully connected and coded a few items with Bimmercode.
The car came with only Apple Car Play (not sure if full screen updated through USB since I am not an apple user), but doesn't allow me to code the head unit due to its non original state.
Since all I've done myself is update the original maps (not sure which other maps others refer to in the forum yet ), I am assuming the CarPlay thing is bugging me as well.
I've read returning the ECU to OEM state could help.

Noob questions:
a) is it just as simple as that and is it by going to factory default from the settings of the car?
Or do I actually have to look for files somewhere (since I am not sure what was done on CarPlay).
b)what does the option ignore HeadUnit if your vehicle has an add-on unit for CarPlay do? I read some.older messages that this was a "fix" for something related?

Many thanks from a beginner to this.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2023, 03:36 AM   #39
TheNine90
Banned
Rep

For carplay fullscreen patch you can remove it by flashing the headunit. Coding wount restore to oem.
Appreciate 1
      04-30-2023, 04:07 AM   #40
TycStyle
Rep

Quote:
For carplay fullscreen patch you can remove it by flashing the headunit. Coding wount restore to oem.
Thanks, flashing the HU = standard reset in settings basically right?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2023, 06:13 AM   #41
TheNine90
Banned
Rep

Yes. It will return Headunit to stock configuration.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2023, 08:49 AM   #42
TycStyle
Rep

Thanks again. So, the flashing did wipe all settings, except for connected drive personal settings (message at the end). It told me to retry or restart car and retry. I tried both multiple times including waiting for 2 hours to retry, but same result. Rest is back to default it seems, but still not sure what the connected drive profile part would cause?
Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2023, 09:09 AM   #43
TheNine90
Banned
Rep

Try removing it and connecting back.
Have you tried Deleting all personal data though idrive?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2023, 09:56 AM   #44
TycStyle
Rep

I deleted all personal data in iDrive, which actually does delete everything, but the weird thing is it gives that message at the end that it could delete the connected drive profile/parts. Not sure why.
When you say removing and connecting back, what do you mean exactly?
Appreciate 0