F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 340 problems with stereo/heater controls
ARMA SPEED

02-09-2017, 11:58 AM   #1
str86diesel
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i Alpine White

340 problems with stereo/heater controls

I have searched around and have not found any one else posting on it, but I wondered if anyone with a 340 has had any problems with the stereo and heater controls randomly stop working?

On several occasions now the lights around the stereo and heater controls goes off and I lose the controls. I cannot turn the heater/vent on or off, I cannot adjust the stereo volume or select another channel, however I can still use the volume control on the steering wheel.

The dealer has updated all of the software on my car and said that they found an error in the head unit and cleared it, but that did not fix the problem. It is going back to the shop today, but they stumped on what is causing it. Even a restart of the car does not fix it. The car has to sit turned off long enough for the computers to go to sleep and then when the car is started the controls work again. You can see from the video that the vehicle status shows no alarms as well

Video - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ot_working.mp4
      02-14-2017, 11:19 AM   #2
str86diesel
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i Alpine White

Just got word back from my dealer and they are finding that there apparently are a bunch of 340's in which when they were built, the wire harness to this section of car is plugged in, but the plug is not actually locked in place. It took a call to BMW engineering and they knew all about it. So if anything else sees this problem, as least this is as starting point to take a look