F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > When installing Mobridge, what to do with ASD and auto speed volume?
Studio RSR

02-13-2017, 01:42 PM   #1
sweet coffee
Rep
Drives: 340i M Performance MPPSK

When installing Mobridge, what to do with ASD and auto speed volume?

Hello,

My car is a F31 european and equipped with option 688 Harman Kardon. I am contemplating upgrading by using a mobridge DAC/preamp, dsp, amp.

I have not found a single car audio shop in Belgium who has yet installed a mobridge in a BMW, therefore I am a bit worried by the lack of experience.

As soon as I have the equipment set up proposal by the shop I will run it through the forum for feedback.

In the meantime, should the installer do anything about the asd (I have unplugged it) or the auto speed volume control? Hopefully, he can just disconnect the oem amp, replace it with the mobridge and not worry about asd and auto speed...

Thank you,
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2017, 03:21 AM   #2
carlr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 G22 M440i

The Auto Speed Volume control works over the mobridge unit as well, so if you don't want it, turn the setting down to 0 in iDrive.

I have used the Audison version of the moBridge unit (Audison bit DMI) in BMW and Audi without any issues. Can be tricky during the first time setup as the unit needs to be coded against the correct car make/model. I have had issues where the PC i was using didn't recognise the unit via USB and I had to reinstall the USB factory drivers but then it worked just fine.
Appreciate 0