F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Anyone else waiting on MORR to ship their wheels
Studio RSR

04-14-2013, 07:42 PM   #45
In4mation
Rep
Drives: ///M

Tdizzle- My initial question about lead times was an email direct to morr, the follow up was through the retail seller I purchased the wheels through.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 11:08 PM   #46
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1034 View Post
Does anyone know the lead-time for a set of HRE's?
I got my first set shipped to Sweden (shipping is 5 days) and my replacement back wheels within eight weeks from HRE.

Morr is a joke. They do nice stuff, but their customer support is pathetic at best. I remember from the E90 days when Carlos (Morr) himself handeld the forums and lied to the members daily about dates and progress.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 11:28 AM   #47
tdizzle
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by In4mation View Post
Tdizzle- My initial question about lead times was an email direct to morr, the follow up was through the retail seller I purchased the wheels through.
Got ya, that makes sense and is in line with what they've been telling me. Morr speaks with you before the Sale but after they can't really provide you any info.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 03:45 PM   #48
Bavarian Beast
Too many wagons on the bahn.....
Rep
Drives: LMB 2011 BMW e93

I've seen the same from other forums as well.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e63...yesterday.html
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 04:29 PM   #49
tdizzle
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian Beast View Post
I've seen the same from other forums as well.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e63...yesterday.html
I think if some of us had known about this sort of thing we wouldn't have bothered placing an order. That was a year ago and they're still having the same complaints? Bad business to say the least.

I would have thought they'd correct that ASAP. Lack of customer service is the easiest way to lose business no matter how great the product is.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 07:22 PM   #50
tdizzle
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Just got an update, word from Morr is that orders will be shipping this week for quite a few people. I got the impression that those who ordered 6+ weeks ago should be in those shipments.

Andy said they received abnormally large orders over the winter that depleted their raw material stock causing strains on that vendor which caused delays down the line. Said they're still shooting for 4 weeks normally and 6 weeks for longest if possible. He did acknowledge a few orders that exceeded that and they were working to get those out and back on their normal turnaround schedule.

He contacted my vendor who finally responded to my email from last week (amazing how that works) and he said my wheels are supposed to be machined tomorrow and is expecting to get them to me in two weeks.

We shall see.

The communication issues seem to come from the retailers more than from Morr as Morr responds with updates to the retailers but it is up to those guys to seek updates for us (which some seem to be slacking with).
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 08:15 PM   #51
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep

It's funny that Morr ALWAYS have the same problems with time frames between orders and delivery but still manage to come up with new excuses.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 11:59 AM   #52
SwnSng
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i MSport - 6MT - GS

no MORR...couldn't resist. I'm sure you guys will love them once you get them. MORR certainly has some PR fixing before people just get sick of it and go with an alternative.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 01:30 PM   #53
///M ARMY
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90

Are these wheels built overseas?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 01:51 PM   #54
tdizzle
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAM951 View Post
Are these wheels built overseas?
Miami, FL
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2013, 07:12 PM   #55
NICKTENN
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 340i M Sport

Garage List
Y'all still waiting??

2012 335i Sport Line, RIP
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2013, 10:39 PM   #56
tdizzle
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKTENN View Post
Y'all still waiting??
Yep.

Last I spoke to my dealer, he said two weeks. The two week mark was last Wed.

I'll try to get in touch with him again and see what's up. According to Morr, a huge shipment should've gone out a couple weeks ago. I'm at a bit over 6 weeks right now.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2013, 02:44 AM   #57
M2-Motoring
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i

honestly whoever ordered, i would definitely suggest getting your deposit back. I use to do a lot of retail and have never had a problem with custom built wheels such as what i'm reading here. I'm actually very shocked that all of you haven't pulled your deposit and ordered wheels from elsewhere. I've done business with HRE's and other custom wheel companies and have never had a problem with timelines. If there ever was the company would contact me the moment they had any issues and let me know exactly what the problem is and every detail I could think of. It's been 3-4 months for many of you i would just get the $ back and purchase wheels somewhere else. Being dead honest here.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2013, 05:29 AM   #58
rxander
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdizzle View Post
Yep.

Last I spoke to my dealer, he said two weeks. The two week mark was last Wed.

I'll try to get in touch with him again and see what's up. According to Morr, a huge shipment should've gone out a couple weeks ago. I'm at a bit over 6 weeks right now.
No confirmation and just word of mouth? Sounds like a carrot on a stick. I would just get my deposit back like the above poster said.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #59
tdizzle
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxander View Post
No confirmation and just word of mouth? Sounds like a carrot on a stick. I would just get my deposit back like the above poster said.
It's hard to get confirmation (not sure how I could truly know for sure as Morr will not tell the buyer anything, saying they don't track to the person, but to the retailer as far as orders go). My dealer/retailer said they talked to Morr about my order and said on 4/16/2013 my wheels were scheduled to be machined (they told me this on 4/15/2013) and that I should expect another two weeks for them to be completed.

I threatened to pull the order about 3 weeks ago and complained to Morr and they got on the retailer who finally responded to me at their prodding.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #60
giorgioarmani
Private
Rep
Drives: silver m sport 335i & 19s

I find it funny. You order wheels from a small company that no one has really ever heard of for very long and expect the product to be in your hands fast? Morr is a small operation out of a ware house in west miami. If they get swamped with numerous orders like they are now, it seems, then obviously delivery and arrival time will be stretched longer than what they normally claim. i doubt they have ever had as much demand for their wheels as they are receiving now. they probably have two or three guys including a secretary tops in their organization lol. Only god knows where exactly their wheels are made north korea china mongolia? of course they dont reply to customers. they dont know them selves lol.

If you want reliable and quick AND excellent customer service your gonna have to go with the bigger wheel dogs plain and simple and pay the premium a la HRE or so...

A made to measure suit takes 4 weeks at least. bespoke double that sometimes. wheels are supposed to be at your door in two?

Last edited by giorgioarmani; 05-09-2013 at 09:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2013, 10:29 AM   #61
tdizzle
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgioarmani View Post
I find it funny. You order wheels from a small company that no one has really ever heard of for very long and expect the product to be in your hands fast? Morr is a small operation out of a ware house in west miami. If they get swamped with numerous orders like they are now, it seems, then obviously delivery and arrival time will be stretched longer than what they normally claim. i doubt they have ever had as much demand for their wheels as they are receiving now. they probably have two or three guys including a secretary tops in their organization lol. Only god knows where exactly their wheels are made north korea china mongolia? of course they dont reply to customers. they dont know them selves lol.

If you want reliable and quick AND excellent customer service your gonna have to go with the bigger wheel dogs plain and simple and pay the premium a la HRE or so...

A made to measure suit takes 4 weeks at least. bespoke double that sometimes. wheels are supposed to be at your door in two?
You missed the issue (at least for me). It's one thing for something to take awhile, but it's another thing to say it will take 4 weeks and not update the customer when you know it will take longer.

Even more than that, is knowing you are backed up with orders and still saying 6 weeks max. I went 4 weeks (their 'normal' length of time according to them and what they were expecting as of Feb) before I got a response with an updated timeline.

The response was "wheels are going to be machined on 4/16 and let's say 2 more weeks after that".

I let those two weeks go without pestering them and didn't hear a word on a delay or update. I gave them an extra 1 week and then emailed for an update. Two days later (today), I get a response saying my wheels should be out for finishing Monday or Tuesday and should be ready to ship shortly after.

Each and every email reminds me of how tirelessly they are working "day and night" on cranking out orders. I even got a response saying all orders over 6 weeks out would be cleared (that was 4 weeks ago) and I haven't heard a single person say they've gotten their wheels when I know some people are at the 12-16 week range right now.

Not exactly instilling confidence at any point.

If they'd said from the start, hey we're swamped, it'll take 8 weeks to get your order to you. I'd have been fine with that. My biggest issue is over promising and under delivering time and time again.

And I'm not sure HRE wheels actually charge a premium over Morr. I suspect they're about the same price but with better customer service (or so I'd hope).
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #62
OEMconcept
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Hey guys, I came across this thread and being a MORR vendor, I'll give a little input on the subject. We have numerous orders from February that have yet to be delivered. From my experience in the business, most forged companies get their wheels cut/finished at the same 2-3 places. So what happens is smaller companies tend to get their orders get pushed further down the line. MORR is still a very good company, they have a great team and they put out an excellent product, but like most things in the world, they're perfect, but they do try their best.

That being said, the longest wait times when ordering forged wheels is when you place your order between February and May, inclusive. It's the busiest season as everyone, especially the Northern enthusiasts, want their cars decked out for Summer!

I hope this helps a bit!

P.S: To confirm what was said earlier, I spoke with Andy @ MORR yesterday and a good amount of February orders will be shipping out this week and next week. So send an email to the retailer you bought your wheels from and hopefully they have some good news for you!
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2013, 10:48 AM   #63
tdizzle
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEMconcept View Post
Hey guys, I came across this thread and being a MORR vendor, I'll give a little input on the subject. We have numerous orders from February that have yet to be delivered. From my experience in the business, most forged companies get their wheels cut/finished at the same 2-3 places. So what happens is smaller companies tend to get their orders get pushed further down the line. MORR is still a very good company, they have a great team and they put out an excellent product, but like most things in the world, they're perfect, but they do try their best.

That being said, the longest wait times when ordering forged wheels is when you place your order between February and May, inclusive. It's the busiest season as everyone, especially the Northern enthusiasts, want their cars decked out for Summer!

I hope this helps a bit!

P.S: To confirm what was said earlier, I spoke with Andy @ MORR yesterday and a good amount of February orders will be shipping out this week and next week. So send an email to the retailer you bought your wheels from and hopefully they have some good news for you!
Thanks for your input.

I spoke to Andy @ MORR 5 weeks ago and he told me that exact same thing about the Feb orders.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2013, 12:26 PM   #64
OEMconcept
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdizzle View Post
Thanks for your input.

I spoke to Andy @ MORR 5 weeks ago and he told me that exact same thing about the Feb orders.
I guess all we can do is hope that it's the truth this time!
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2013, 12:38 PM   #65
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep

It has been this way with Morr since they started. Lies and excuses...
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 09:59 PM   #66
In4mation
Rep
Drives: ///M

Anyone get any updates ? A lot of sets were suppose to be shipped out already.
Appreciate 0