F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > DIY: F30 Rear Park Distance Control (PDC) Retrofit
Studio RSR

11-30-2021, 05:13 AM   #331
mr-gfh
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 525d 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by atzebmw View Post
Code the FEM, REM, HU_Entry and ICM
hey, I've got F11 2010 pre lci without pdc, got all the stuff and ready to physically install it but need some guidance how to code it, I need to swap the module as it hasn't got PDC socket. If someone can instruct me what to do in ESYS as I'm totally newbie in this software, thx.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2022, 11:18 AM   #332
charleshwy
Rep
Drives: 118i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Does Detect CAF for SWE give you only one choice for CAFD?
hi Shawn, i retrofit the front PDC on my F20. then i replace 507 with 508.
detect CAF for SWE, before hitting the 'code' button, tried to select the latest cafd, but it showed no cafd was found
does this imply that i need to a new package of my psdzdata?
actually, do i nees to 'detect CAF for SWE', or just simply select HU, ICM & REM and code these ECUs?

which version of e-sys and lsdzdata should i use?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2022, 11:36 AM   #333
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by charleshwy View Post
hi Shawn, i retrofit the front PDC on my F20. then i replace 507 with 508.
detect CAF for SWE, before hitting the 'code' button, tried to select the latest cafd, but it showed no cafd was found
does this imply that i need to a new package of my psdzdata?
actually, do i nees to 'detect CAF for SWE', or just simply select HU, ICM & REM and code these ECUs?

which version of e-sys and lsdzdata should i use?
If PDC is missing CAFD, then you need to Inject it and VO Code it using Detect CAF for SWE.

HU, ICM & REM should all have CAFD, so you can just VO Code them.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2022, 12:00 PM   #334
charleshwy
Rep

Quote:
If PDC is missing CAFD, then you need to Inject it and VO Code it using Detect CAF for SWE.

HU, ICM & REM should all have CAFD, so you can just VO Code them.
yes, there are CAFD for HU, ICM and REM. but when i click 'detect CAD for SWE', it showed that CAFD is missing. i will try to make photos tomorrow to make more clear of the situation

Last edited by charleshwy; 10-13-2022 at 12:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2022, 12:58 PM   #335
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
yes, there are CAFD for HU, ICM and REM. but when i click 'detect CAD for SWE', it showed that CAFD is missing. i will try to make photos tomorrow to make more clear of the situation
Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => Read (ECU) => Left-Click on PDC => Click on "Detect CAF for SWE" => Select the CAFD from latest I-Level shown (bottom one) => Select OK => Right-Click on PDC (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2022, 08:45 PM   #336
charleshwy
Rep

Quote:
Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => Read (ECU) => Left-Click on PDC => Click on "Detect CAF for SWE" => Select the CAFD from latest I-Level shown (bottom one) => Select OK => Right-Click on PDC (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE.
I can't find the "PDC" to code. I read through the forums and web, it seems I only need to code the HU, ICM & REM?

Tried to code again, and scan with ISTA, it showed the following 2 error codes:
80321F
80323D
Searched on the internet, it said that my sensors are not responding...probably of poor connection or faulty sensor? FingerX....might need to get it to the technicians to sort this out...
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2022, 09:20 PM   #337
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I can't find the "PDC" to code. I read through the forums and web, it seems I only need to code the HU, ICM & REM?

80321F
80323D
Searched on the internet, it said that my sensors are not responding...probably of poor connection or faulty sensor? FingerX....might need to get it to the technicians to sort this out...
Maybe so as I have no idea.

Appreciate 0
      10-15-2022, 04:46 AM   #338
Siki78
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30,G30

Quote:

80321F
80323D
You didn‘t vo code fem maybe is this problem
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2023, 08:26 AM   #339
PauloP
Rep
Drives: bmw

Hi everyone, I installed the front PDC on my 2016 125i F20 LCI based on information from BMW EBA 2338017 Front PDC Retrofit Instructions and this topic.
My REM already had all the pins and I didn't need to replace it.
My car already had rear PDC.

The difficulty I had was that the pins that the BMW EBA 2338017 Front PDC Retrofit Instructions tells me to install are not the correct ones for my car. It generated DTC in the 4 sensors, but following the wiring diagram indicated by ISTA+ I made the correct connection and everything works.
Thank you all!

Doubt:

The front PDC only works if I turn it on manually.
Does anyone know how to code so that it turns on automatically when it detects an obstacle, like the rear PDC?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2023, 07:12 AM   #340
hirot
Rep
Drives: BMW 120i LCI 2018

The story so far. Shawn has helped me to successfully put a valid CAFD file into my second hand REM and lo and behold when I put the car in reverse I get a picture of the car on the Screen, however there is no sound or picture change when anything is near the sensors (they don't click either).
When you put it back to neutral the car picture remains and I have to move the Iscreen rotator to the side to remove the car picture. And there is no extra settings for the PDC in the Settings Sound.
So what else do I need to code ?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2023, 06:39 AM   #341
hirot
Rep

As I have only added a CAFD to the REM do I also need to do

"Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => Read (ECU) => Left-Click on PDC => Click on "Detect CAF for SWE" => Select the CAFD from latest I-Level shown (bottom one) => Select OK => Right-Click on PDC (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE."

for the HUD and ICM. That is load the latest CAFD files into the ECUs ?

I am almost there but....
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2023, 11:29 AM   #342
TheNine90
Banned
Rep

HUD isnt related to PDC.
Code ICM,REM,FEM,HU
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2023, 05:58 AM   #343
hirot
Rep

So at last it works and I have a very happy wife who now has no excuse for hitting anything.
A bit of detail if it helps :-
- I used a Skoda cutting tool BEA 000 001 to cut the holes. Makes it very easy, clean and tapers the hole inwards which makes it look correct.
- We had the F20 from new and the REM hadn't the obligatory pins and when I checked Realoem the REM we had from new was out of a F140m which was nothing like what Realoem said it should be. However, the REM that superseded them all was 61359499001 which seems to be one that fits many BMW models. This one came off a scrapped F30.
- I eventually worked out and got confident on how to use ESYS after watching Vladimir an Estonian
- bought BMWUtillity which made coding the VO 507 simple
- with Shawns input managed to code the REM and got half a solution. ie a picture of a car when I went into reverse.
- to make it finally work I just coded the HU_ module which in my case was HU_ENTRYNAV2
- just got to put the car back together.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2023, 09:53 AM   #344
Zheez
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D (2015)

Yeah that Skoda BEA000001 tool is perfect. When I retrofitted front PDC to my first F30 I used a step drill bit which did the job but even after cleaning the holes up a bit they weren't perfect. With my 2nd F30 I used the Skoda tool and it's a much cleaner cut:

Definitely worth the £24 or so it cost me to order it. Plus I made £19 selling it on again after anyway
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2023, 07:24 AM   #345
rlesko
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Garage List
2012 335i  [0.00]
Just did this retrofit yesterday. Thanks roxxor !
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2023, 03:37 AM   #346
hamouess
Rep
Drives: F20 116d

Hello, I have just purchased a BMW F25 but unfortunately I do not have the rear PDC. I would like to fit it
After some research I saw that there was no REM module, but the PDC was managed by the module JBE. On my JBE module plug 4(picture) must manage the PDC but I have a plastic cover to do this retrofit. I have to change the JBE module?
But in my tis with my wine I see that there is a rem 66336867863 but I can't find it in my car module I no longer understand anything and I should I add new harness
And do you know what parts I need to buy? Here are the latest numbers for my wine: L605140.
Thank you

Attached Images

Last edited by hamouess; 10-22-2023 at 03:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2023, 07:19 PM   #347
michal.surma@gmail.com
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 328iX 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSnic View Post
SquidlyBoy & Shazsta,

Thanks to advice from Shawn Sheridan, when I replaced the REM in my car, I injected CAFD into the REM ECU; to do so, after connecting to car with E-Sys
  • Click on READ FA/VO
  • Right Click on FA/VO and ACTIVATE FA/VO
  • Click on READ SVT(VCM)
  • Left Click on ECU (not the associated CAFD)
  • Cleck on DETECT CAF FROM SWE
  • Select CAFD matching car's I-Level
  • Select OK

That will bring the REM into line with the rest of the car; then you can VO Code it
Hi guys! Maybe u can help me. So... the problem is like this: Hello ladies and gentlemen,

I used the search button 🙂 and also my brain 😛 and I think I'm losing my mind a bit. But to get to the point, about a month ago I got an error:

"No parking assistance, park yourself...". It's not a big problem for me because I don't use the sensors anyway, but I use cameras when I put the car in reverse... And unfortunately, an error pops up that makes it impossible to use the camera, you have to click OK... well, it's obviously annoying.

I did some diagnostics with free tools on the phone, "error 8031d4" came up, I thought I would install Iste+ to get more data. Unfortunately, it didn't work, no more details. Depending on the program, the error "Ultrasonic sensors: Supply voltage short to ground/minus" + mostly informed about the rear PDCs. And since 2 years ago I had a slight hit on the rear bumper, so I took it apart, but everything looks like new from the factory... When examining the PDC organoleptically (and with a microphone from the phone), it seems like hmmm, no PDC sensor makes any sound, neither the rear nor the front. I am currently wondering whether the REM module may have failed. I have no ideas for further diagnosis... On the other hand, I don't really feel that the culprit is the REM module, which also looks like it came from the factory.

So, guys, do you have any ideas? circumstantial evidence? where can I continue to fight?

So so... i just buy used REM unfortunately when trying to code it (i have only some older i-level..) is it through the database? which one should I use? I use e-sys 3.30. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2023, 10:12 AM   #348
TheNine90
Banned
Rep

have you made sure its not the sensor that is the issue?
Appreciate 0