F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AFRICA > Egypt F30
proTUNING Freaks

11-21-2014, 02:03 PM   #969
Ahmedisma3il
Registered
Rep
Drives: f30 '13 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouzzo View Post
Hi Ahmed welcome to the group

How about some pics of your baby

I have a friend who speaks wonders of rims in arabcom Nasr city
Thanks ouzzo ...
I've visited Arabcom but they don't have a lot of varieties
My brother is going to NY after 10 days he will buy the rims and the xenon headlights but I want to know what should come with the headlights to work in my car
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2014, 08:45 PM   #970
Kareem Gohar
Rep
Drives: 316i F30

hellooo

hey guys..why is the forum dead...such an amazing community shouldnt die..
so i noticed something weird, u know how the basic bluetooth on 316s doesnt stream music?....i find it quite weird it doesnt...especially when i noticed that the car picks up viber calls not only phone calls...so this made me think, if the car picks up sound from applications not only actual phone calls....this means that its only a software issue that bmw handicaps us from streaming music though there's no need for any hardware...what do u think guys?...i mean we can fool the car for example to view any sound coming out of the phone as its a phone call...

another thing....regarding the retrofitting with nbt for 316ers...congratulations osmansky,,,...good job man...but i guess its still too much money for some functions a mobile can easily do..(even much better) at a fraction of the price...so ill be waiting for some kind of a mirroring technology better...also i have the note 4 and noticed it contains the functionality of something called mirror link....problem is...im not so sure it would work with our cars...

anyways ...guys keep this thread alive
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2014, 02:46 PM   #971
Ouzzo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareem Gohar View Post
so i noticed something weird, u know how the basic bluetooth on 316s doesnt stream music?....i find it quite weird it doesnt...especially when i noticed that the car picks up viber calls not only phone calls...so this made me think, if the car picks up sound from applications not only actual phone calls....this means that its only a software issue that bmw handicaps us from streaming music though there's no need for any hardware...what do u think guys?...i mean we can fool the car for example to view any sound coming out of the phone as its a phone call...

another thing....regarding the retrofitting with nbt for 316ers...congratulations osmansky,,,...good job man...but i guess its still too much money for some functions a mobile can easily do..(even much better) at a fraction of the price...so ill be waiting for some kind of a mirroring technology better...also i have the note 4 and noticed it contains the functionality of something called mirror link....problem is...im not so sure it would work with our cars...

Hey Kareem
It's not dead just sleeping

Re the BT I read you can try to code the car to allow BT stereo streaming, but it dosent always work. Guess it depends on your build date
      11-27-2014, 02:47 AM   #972
Osmansky
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 316i

Quote:

Hello Kareem,

Yes you definitely have a point; however i have tried every possible solution to avoid retrofitting but i wasn't satisfied with the outcome.

You could try two solutions:

1) http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=740015

Personally I haven't tried this solution, but you can ask around the forum

2) http://www.viseeostore.com/products/...r-wma1000.html

This one i tried personally and it is a decent solution, gives you Bluetooth music streaming from any app (ios or android) with basic controls from driving wheel. but doesnt show artwork though but will do the job

let me know if you need any help

as for the for the forum as Ouzzo said, its never dead. it is just hibernating lets do a gathering soon
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2014, 07:39 AM   #973
Kareem Gohar
Rep
Drives: 316i F30

hey osmansky and ouzzo....well i hope it wakes up ....osmansky ure right ofcourse...oem is the best most efficient solution right now...as for the blue tooth thing i though about it....how does the car realize that this sound should be streamed via blutiooth like a call or skype or viber or not...i think its so simple....it only recieves sounds that are transferred to the speaker on ure ear ....is i guess we can easily easily forget tinkering with the car...and find asoluion that simply...transfers the sounds to the ear speaker on the phone rather than the external one ...im sure it wouldnt be hard to do that...as for viseeoo, i dont think ill need that since just plugging in the phone via usb would give better sound and be easier than getting addons to clump the dashboard...and for the mirroring thin...im sure it will be there in a simple plug and play format that enables u to do thing much more advanced than the oem solution...sice phones are much more powerful anyways from a computational point of view...so we just have to wait and see
Appreciate 1
      12-01-2014, 09:12 AM   #974
Osmansky
Private First Class
Rep

Hey Kareem Check this out. Might help

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/11...ernal-display/

Quote:
hey osmansky and ouzzo....well i hope it wakes up ....osmansky ure right ofcourse...oem is the best most efficient solution right now...as for the blue tooth thing i though about it....how does the car realize that this sound should be streamed via blutiooth like a call or skype or viber or not...i think its so simple....it only recieves sounds that are transferred to the speaker on ure ear ....is i guess we can easily easily forget tinkering with the car...and find asoluion that simply...transfers the sounds to the ear speaker on the phone rather than the external one ...im sure it wouldnt be hard to do that...as for viseeoo, i dont think ill need that since just plugging in the phone via usb would give better sound and be easier than getting addons to clump the dashboard...and for the mirroring thin...im sure it will be there in a simple plug and play format that enables u to do thing much more advanced than the oem solution...sice phones are much more powerful anyways from a computational point of view...so we just have to wait and see
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2014, 08:01 PM   #975
mysterydoc
Rep
Drives: f30 316i

Hello Guys, Its been some time but I've been checking the forum every now and then in stealth mode.I'm happy it didn't die.First CONGRATS OSMANSKY, you did it .Boy you have GUTS.Hope you enjoy it to the max.I seriously won't mind a meeting.I missed all the group.Although we met once but It was strangely INTIMATE as if we've been friends for a while. Someone suggested a whatsapp group.I second that.A very good idea to go in parallel with the forum. I've been experiencing a lag in car throttle, don't know if that's the turbo lag or something else but its starting to be annoying.Did anyone experience that lag before? is it Normal? Again, ARRANGE a MEETING and make sure OSMANSKY, OUZZO and RUSTY are coming among all other great members of this forum.No excuses.You are MISSED
Appreciate 1
      12-09-2014, 06:19 AM   #976
Osmansky
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterydoc View Post
Hello Guys, Its been some time but I've been checking the forum every now and then in stealth mode.I'm happy it didn't die.First CONGRATS OSMANSKY, you did it .Boy you have GUTS.Hope you enjoy it to the max.I seriously won't mind a meeting.I missed all the group.Although we met once but It was strangely INTIMATE as if we've been friends for a while. Someone suggested a whatsapp group.I second that.A very good idea to go in parallel with the forum. I've been experiencing a lag in car throttle, don't know if that's the turbo lag or something else but its starting to be annoying.Did anyone experience that lag before? is it Normal? Again, ARRANGE a MEETING and make sure OSMANSKY, OUZZO and RUSTY are coming among all other great members of this forum.No excuses.You are MISSED
Hey Doc,

How are you ya rayes. yes we definitely need a gathering soon.

As for the lag, Maybe el banzeen. Personally i always go for Watanya stations and the only time i tried Total. I felt a difference in preformance

Did you check with the service?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2014, 07:39 AM   #977
Sherifbmw
Rep
Drives: F30

Will be hitting the roads soon ISA
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-14-2014, 05:09 AM   #978
Osmansky
Private First Class
Rep

welcome on board sherif. Rabena ye7fazhalak we yekfek sharha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifbmw View Post
Will be hitting the roads soon ISA
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2014, 01:18 PM   #979
mysterydoc
Rep
Drives: f30 316i

well, I checked many threads and many people are experiencing it and it can be very serious.This delayed throttle response.Many say it has something to do with the adaptive driver memory feature and some suggested Throttle body adaptation reset.I will try it today and see if it works.
Here are the steps for anyone experiencing this delayed throttle response at comfort mode:
Steps...

1) hit start button once to turn on power (Don't start the engine)
2) then press the accelerator down to the floor for 5 sec
3) then hit start button once to turn off power
4) then remove foot from accelerator
5) then wait for 2 minutes
4) then start the engine like normal and try it out!
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2014, 03:38 PM   #980
Osmansky
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterydoc View Post
well, I checked many threads and many people are experiencing it and it can be very serious.This delayed throttle response.Many say it has something to do with the adaptive driver memory feature and some suggested Throttle body adaptation reset.I will try it today and see if it works.
Here are the steps for anyone experiencing this delayed throttle response at comfort mode:
Steps...

1) hit start button once to turn on power (Don't start the engine)
2) then press the accelerator down to the floor for 5 sec
3) then hit start button once to turn off power
4) then remove foot from accelerator
5) then wait for 2 minutes
4) then start the engine like normal and try it out!

Hey Doc, Tell us the feedback after you do it! did it make any difference?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 03:56 PM   #981
M-terkait
Major
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: F30 335i 3/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osmansky View Post
Hey Doc,

How are you ya rayes. yes we definitely need a gathering soon.

As for the lag, Maybe el banzeen. Personally i always go for Watanya stations and the only time i tried Total. I felt a difference in preformance

Did you check with the service?
i have had throttle delay on my 335i and it needed an software update i suggest all f30s to go check your dealers for software update.
      12-25-2014, 07:14 PM   #982
Sherifbmw
Rep
Drives: F30

We started rattles so early, I have a light rattle from inside the dashboard, any ideas 😭
Ps: we need to have whatsapp group guys for quicker communication.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2014, 06:33 AM   #983
Ahmedisma3il
Registered
Rep
Drives: f30 '13 320i

https://www.facebook.com/groups/7270...ref=ts&fref=ts

This group is for f30 owners in Egypt so please join
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2014, 08:46 AM   #984
araje
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, Audi

Hello Mirak,
I read your this post and then the subsequent one in which you said you were able to get Live to work. Were you able to get it to work just by turning on your iPhone hotspot ? or did you do any other configuration.

I have the exact same configuration like yours S6ALA and S6NSA. But when I click BMW live it tries to do something and then just shows a blank page after the circle stops rotating. I tried it all - like update services etc etc but doesn't help. I can see that the car makes a hotspot connection via my iPhone. Also in the car, against my phone I see telephone, data and audio enabled for the phone's bluetooth connection.

Can you guide me how were you able to get BMW live working? Atleast to get the news/weather and stuff.
Also I wish I had people like Ouzzo, rustyminded and Osmansky in my country. I have learnt a lot from this thread than I have from my local forums. Thanks you guys.

Here's my VIN number: 0J70647
Thanks a lot.
Anup

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirak13 View Post
Hello Osmansky Pleased to meet you.
When you say version do you mean Hardware or Software, or Firmware?
I presently have software versions:
Media: MX-003.004.031
Telephone: TX-003.004.031
I will be updating this soon.
Also as I mentioned earlier the car came with S6ALA BMW LIVE

It is in the IDRIVE menu.
I also have S6NSA Comfort telephony w/ enhanced Smartphone

I can send you my VIN number if it would help.

What works are the following: Bluetooth Music and Bluetooth Phone. Once connected Next to my phone on the IDrive screen I get 3 icons lighting up, BT Telephone, BT Media, and BT Data.

Also when I connect my Note3 via USB cable and click on BMW Live it is clearly trying to connect it takes a while however so for I have not succeed in fully connecting. I also asked the dealer and he confirmed that with my present setup I can get the following to work:Email and messages and calendar as well as the options available through BMW LIVE which as I have already explained I clearly have as an option (S6ALA).

I heard somewhere that besides getting the phone and car paired as well as connected via USB, I must also tether and allow for data connection via my phone.

If any one can help I would truly appreciate it!
I will go to my car right now and photograph what exactly is showing up on the screen and send it to you and the rest of the forum to show you what is going on and perhaps you can point what I am doing wrong

Last edited by araje; 12-28-2014 at 09:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 07:15 PM   #985
Osmansky
Private First Class
Rep

For all iPhone owners

Check this awesome tweak, Finally email notifiers are back 😄

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1073288
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2015, 04:18 AM   #986
Ouzzo
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
For all iPhone owners

Check this awesome tweak, Finally email notifiers are back 😄

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1073288
Thank you very much ya Osman for posting this

Will give it a shot. Have been waiting for something like this for sometime

No I hope some does the same for whatsapp
      01-04-2015, 11:27 AM   #987
Osmansky
Private First Class
Rep

Anytime ya ouzzo.

You can also download Activator from cydia and adjust it so that once the phone is connected to the car, it launches connected app and start hotspot automatically

Also tell me how do u find spotify, u like it wla lsa pandora is better for u
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2015, 04:05 AM   #988
Ouzzo
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Anytime ya ouzzo.

You can also download Activator from cydia and adjust it so that once the phone is connected to the car, it launches connected app and start hotspot automatically

Also tell me how do u find spotify, u like it wla lsa pandora is better for u
Thanks ya Osman it really worked , I am a happy bunny

I still use pandora. , actually I got pandora downloader from cydia downloaded about 300 songs and listen to them offline lol

Spoitfy I think for the full experience you need to pay for the subscription. Then you will have the high quality sound but I don't think the 3G data will keep up
      01-05-2015, 04:21 AM   #989
araje
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, Audi

Hello Ouzzo, Osmansky, can you help me here ??
Thanks a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by araje View Post
Hello Mirak,
I read your this post and then the subsequent one in which you said you were
able to get Live to work. Were you able to get it to work just by turning on your iPhone hotspot ? or did you do any other configuration.

I have the exact same configuration like yours S6ALA and S6NSA. But when I click BMW live it tries to do something and then just shows a blank page after the circle stops rotating. I tried it all - like update services etc etc but doesn't help. I can see that the car makes a hotspot connection via my iPhone. Also in the car, against my phone I see telephone, data and audio enabled for the phone's bluetooth connection.

Can you guide me how were you able to get BMW live working? Atleast to get the news/weather and stuff.
Also I wish I had people like Ouzzo, rustyminded and Osmansky in my country. I have learnt a lot from this thread than I have from my local forums. Thanks you guys.

Here's my VIN number: 0J70647
Thanks a lot.
Anup
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2015, 07:52 AM   #990
Osmansky
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouzzo View Post
Thanks ya Osman it really worked , I am a happy bunny

I still use pandora. , actually I got pandora downloader from cydia downloaded about 300 songs and listen to them offline lol

Spoitfy I think for the full experience you need to pay for the subscription. Then you will have the high quality sound but I don't think the 3G data will keep up
Great! anyways there is also a spotify tweak on cydia that makes you have premium subscription
Appreciate 0