F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > VRSF Customer Service
proTUNING Freaks

03-08-2021, 02:08 PM   #1
Roacher230
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

VRSF Customer Service

Recently as if the last year hadn’t been rough enough my 335 decided it no longer wanted to keep any of its oil inside the engine. VCG and OFH at the same time. Ouch. While fixing it my SA noticed that there was also a crack in the charge pipe, no surprise, the plastic sucks. He says it’s $400 for a new OEM one and we both agreed that was stupid. So I quickly bought one off of VRSF. That was last Wednesday, Friday it still hadn’t shipped, which is weird since they say all in stock orders are sent out within 48 hours. So I reached out to customer service, and when I say it has been the worst customer service experience I’ve ever had, I mean it. I’ve emailed with 4 people, still have absolutely no idea what is going on, other than it appears the “in stock” item I bought is not actually in stock, and that they will deflect any question you have to try and get you to just go away, and then just ignore your response.

Moral: if you want to buy something from VRSF, just buy it from someone else or just avoid the brand, because if anything goes wrong with your order, Good luck,
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 02:16 PM   #2
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roacher230 View Post
Recently as if the last year hadn’t been rough enough my 335 decided it no longer wanted to keep any of its oil inside the engine. VCG and OFH at the same time. Ouch. While fixing it my SA noticed that there was also a crack in the charge pipe, no surprise, the plastic sucks. He says it’s $400 for a new OEM one and we both agreed that was stupid. So I quickly bought one off of VRSF. That was last Wednesday, Friday it still hadn’t shipped, which is weird since they say all in stock orders are sent out within 48 hours. So I reached out to customer service, and when I say it has been the worst customer service experience I’ve ever had, I mean it. I’ve emailed with 4 people, still have absolutely no idea what is going on, other than it appears the “in stock” item I bought is not actually in stock, and that they will deflect any question you have to try and get you to just go away, and then just ignore your response.

Moral: if you want to buy something from VRSF, just buy it from someone else or just avoid the brand, because if anything goes wrong with your order, Good luck,
I recommend ECS tuning if you need quick shipping. I ordered my VRSF TIC from them with 2 day shipping and got it in 2 days. Their website should say whether or not its in stock and you can always call to confirm if you need it quickly. They carry aftermarket and OEM parts. Kies can also be good.

I had the same issue when i originally ordered my VRSF IC and CP from XPH and tried to contact them and VRSF. Items listed as in stock were not, shipping labels got created but items never got shipped. Took like a month for the IC and a little longer for the CP IIRC.

If you arent in a rush and need OEM parts i would use FCP Euro.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 02:22 PM   #3
Roacher230
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
I recommend ECS tuning if you need quick shipping. I ordered my VRSF TIC from them with 2 day shipping and got it in 2 days. Their website should say whether or not its in stock and you can always call to confirm if you need it quickly. They carry aftermarket and OEM parts. Kies can also be good.

I had the same issue when i originally ordered my VRSF IC and CP from XPH and tried to contact them and VRSF. Items listed as in stock were not, shipping labels got created but items never got shipped. Took like a month for the IC and a little longer for the CP IIRC.

Thanks for the suggestions! I have ordered some carbon from Kies before and the team over there is fantastic, along with FCP euro. I haven’t looked at ECS, I’ll have to give them a look since I told VRSF to just cancel my order since the 335 is my only transportation and I’m not about to drive it with a busted CP.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 02:49 PM   #4
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

I second what you said about Kies Motorsports. They have always been very honest and realistic with me about availability and shipping. Great customer service which is pretty nonexistent these days.

Over the past couple of years I have sent detailed emails to probably every major aftermarket retailer giving them a heads up about inaccurate information on their website or providing additional information that would make things much clearer. They have all ignored it. I've even spoken to some on the phone and been told they don't even know who or where to send information like that in their organization. It's like they are all big behemoth corporations now. They don't really care.

Any time that I contact Kies Motorsports about something that I spot on their website, they always say thanks and then I notice that it is changed within a few days. It's nice to know that a vendor actually cares.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 04:14 PM   #5
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

I bought my Competition intercooler from them - it’s still in the garage, I just took it out of the box to look at it.

Admittedly it’s been over 30 days, but I offered to take the restocking fee, because I want the race IC. They said no. But they did get back to me ASAP.

As suggested before, I would recommend going through vendors, usually you have better customer service that way.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 08:11 PM   #6
n55david
Check out my Youtube @n55david!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 m240i, 2015 X3 x35i

Garage List
2017 m240i xDrive  [0.00]
2015 X3 x35i  [0.00]
2015 335i xdrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

same issues when I went with xhp... I can't order from them anymore. I really liked Mike too but I've had multiple problems.
IG: @n55david For pics and updates!
Youtube: @ n55david For videos or Racing etc
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 08:13 PM   #7
n55david
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 X3 x35i  [0.00]
2015 335i xdrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Recently as if the last year hadn't been rough enough my 335 decided it no longer wanted to keep any of its oil inside the engine. VCG and OFH at the same time. Ouch. While fixing it my SA noticed that there was also a crack in the charge pipe, no surprise, the plastic sucks. He says it's $400 for a new OEM one and we both agreed that was stupid. So I quickly bought one off of VRSF. That was last Wednesday, Friday it still hadn't shipped, which is weird since they say all in stock orders are sent out within 48 hours. So I reached out to customer service, and when I say it has been the worst customer service experience I've ever had, I mean it. I've emailed with 4 people, still have absolutely no idea what is going on, other than it appears the "in stock" item I bought is not actually in stock, and that they will deflect any question you have to try and get you to just go away, and then just ignore your response.

I second what you said about Kies Motorsports. They have always been very honest and realistic with me about availability and shipping. Great customer service which is pretty nonexistent these days.

Over the past couple of years I have sent detailed emails to probably every major aftermarket retailer giving them a heads up about inaccurate information on their website or providing additional information that would make things much clearer. They have all ignored it. I've even spoken to some on the phone and been told they don't even know who or where to send information like that in their organization. It's like they are all big behemoth corporations now. They don't really care.

Any time that I contact Kies Motorsports about something that I spot on their website, they always say thanks and then I notice that it is changed within a few days. It's nice to know that a vendor actually cares.
Bryan and those guys are all great. never had an issue.
Appreciate 1
johnung4528.00
      03-08-2021, 09:48 PM   #8
Logicoeur
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
I bought my Competition intercooler from them - it's still in the garage, I just took it out of the box to look at it.

Admittedly it's been over 30 days, but I offered to take the restocking fee, because I want the race IC. They said no. But they did get back to me ASAP.

As suggested before, I would recommend going through vendors, usually you have better customer service that way.
I would buy that off of you if you weren't in FL. The shipping charge would not make monetary sense.

Afraid to order it from the vrsf website due to posts about long ship times. BUT they sell it rhe cheapest our of all the available places to purchase it.
F30 335iX | Remus Axleback | Fabspeed Catted DP | VRSF Comp IC | 18X9 ET35 19lb MT1 | 255/40/18 ECS | Ohlins RT Millway Street | Millway Control Arm Bushings | Turner Endlinks | TMH 75mm 14x1.5 Studs | BMW MPerf LSD | XDelete | Pipercross Filter | MHD Stg2 93
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 12:03 AM   #9
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicoeur View Post
I would buy that off of you if you weren't in FL. The shipping charge would not make monetary sense.

Afraid to order it from the vrsf website due to posts about long ship times. BUT they sell it rhe cheapest our of all the available places to purchase it.
Ive never seen VRSF website cheaper than XPH. The prices are always the same, and XPH has 5% off all the time at a minimum, usually more on certain brands. Also, sales on base price and coupon codes stack. Thats the temptation. But XPH is usually drop shipped from manufacturer, and only stocks certain items. So you usually get the same or worse lead times.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 08:18 AM   #10
Pussiwillow
Major
Rep
Drives: Alpine white 2014 335i msport

I ordered my intercooler from auto talent. Had it in about 5 days from order. Just ordered a few weeks ago. Already installed and buttoned up, very happy with the experience.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 08:44 AM   #11
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Ive never seen VRSF website cheaper than XPH. The prices are always the same, and XPH has 5% off all the time at a minimum, usually more on certain brands. Also, sales on base price and coupon codes stack. Thats the temptation. But XPH is usually drop shipped from manufacturer, and only stocks certain items. So you usually get the same or worse lead times.
Xhp no longer carries VRSF, but I think TopGear Solutions does.
      03-09-2021, 08:45 AM   #12
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicoeur View Post

Mine was delivered in 3 days. I can check the shipping through USPS if you would like?
      03-09-2021, 09:24 AM   #13
Roacher230
Rep

Update for anyone curious, after 5 attempts to sort out where my CP was, followed by 3 attempts to cancel my order the only way I was able to get any sort of useful response was when I stated that if I did not receive some sort of communication back that I would have no choice by to dispute the charge with my credit card company. They responded almost instantly, imagine that. Truly horrific customer service, I will now be purchasing a CTS turbo CP from ECS tuning.
Appreciate 1
      03-09-2021, 01:46 PM   #14
n55david
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 X3 x35i  [0.00]
2015 335i xdrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Update for anyone curious, after 5 attempts to sort out where my CP was, followed by 3 attempts to cancel my order the only way I was able to get any sort of useful response was when I stated that if I did not receive some sort of communication back that I would have no choice by to dispute the charge with my credit card company. They responded almost instantly, imagine that. Truly horrific customer service, I will now be purchasing a CTS turbo CP from ECS tuning.
hahaha.

yeah.. only way I could get my stuff fixed was if I posted positive feedback for them here.
Appreciate 0