F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > almost immediate buyer's remorse on BMW 440 GC
ARMA SPEED

07-15-2019, 10:32 PM   #45
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

As previously mentioned, beauty is truly in the eyes of the beholder.

4 series GC is selling very well. I owned F30 before and could not be happier with 440i GC. For my taste, it looks nearly perfect.
Appreciate 1
      07-16-2019, 06:20 PM   #46
pollpoll
Rep
Drives: BMW 440 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBimmerBloke View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollpoll View Post
Yes, GC rear silhouette is beefier than coupe, like a better looking GT.

This GC looks better not sure if it is color or better picture shooting

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...g=1019&slide=9

Mine is white and a lease. I thought of adding a rear spoiler
But it is a lease I am afraid those 3M glue is very hard to remove upon lease return.
It looks really good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TodmordenLad View Post
in which case the OP is a complete w*nker
Read this OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Joke's on him, this is actually not a bad conversation. Did he think we were all going to start measuring dicks and bitch slapping each other?
I highly doubt he owns a GC.
That being said, I think it looks really good. Also more practical than a coupe, it would've been harder for me to have the coupe as my only car if I was married and had kids.
OP here. believe or not I am not troll although I also started to feel my post is like trolling.
those are what I truly felt on the looking of my GC.

I posted here not just complaining. But try to provide some catches on dings of GC looking that only owners would notice.

I was able to park my GC next to a coupe. the difference between them is quite noticeable.

On the suggestion of aftermarket spoiler. I see good looking carbon fiber high kick one from ebay, is it okay to install one on a lease? I bet 3M tape is not something easy to remove without peeling paint
Attached Images

Last edited by pollpoll; 07-16-2019 at 06:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 06:49 PM   #47
Gen13 F36
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 428i Gran Coupe

Quote:
OP here. believe or not I am not troll although I also started to feel my post is like trolling.

I posted here not just complaining but try to provide some catches on dings of GC looking that only owners would notice.

I was able to park my GC next to a coupe. the difference between them is quite noticeable.

On the suggestion of aftermarket spoiler. I see good looking carbon fiber high kick one from ebay, is it okay to install one on a lease? I bet 3M tape is not something easy to remove without peeling paint
See.. it's a fastback with 2 extra door
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 08:07 PM   #48
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

This is one of those instances where there is value in returning to the original goal of getting F32 instead of F36.

If your lease is attractive, the vehicle will get a lot of attention on Swapalease.

By all means, drive what you prefer and have a great time.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 09:56 PM   #49
thatBimmerBloke
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:

I posted here not just complaining. But try to provide some catches on dings of GC looking that only owners would notice.

It looks good!
Spoiler shouldn't be hard to remove, just use a fishing line and then slowly peel off the remaining 3M tape using goo-gone and some heat. I'm sure there are a lot of youtube videos out there. I de-badged my car in freezing winter and was able to remove the tape without scratching or peeling the paint. Would be easier on a hot day.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 10:18 PM   #50
Fuller
Major
Rep
Drives: F36 435i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes, GC rear silhouette is beefier than coupe, like a better looking GT.

This GC looks better not sure if it is color or better picture shooting

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...19&slide=9

Mine is white and a lease. I thought of adding a rear spoiler
But it is a lease I am afraid those 3M glue is very hard to remove upon lease return.
It looks really good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TodmordenLad View Post
in which case the OP is a complete w*nker
Read this OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Joke's on him, this is actually not a bad conversation. Did he think we were all going to start measuring dicks and bitch slapping each other?
I highly doubt he owns a GC.
That being said, I think it looks really good. Also more practical than a coupe, it would've been harder for me to have the coupe as my only car if I was married and had kids.

Even comparing side to side, I like the way the gc looks better. On the 4 coupe, I think it's the space between the door and rear of the car that bothers me. It just looks pointless, like there's supposed to be another door there. It's the effect of trying hard to convert a sedan body into a coupe. The gc effectively fills that space, but still looks lower, wider, and sleeker than the f30 sedan. It's the best of both.

To clarify, I don't think the f32 looks bad. It's a nice car, just not perfect. The 2 series coupe looks better in a balanced sort of way.

The 4 gc looks great, but it would be even better if the rear window didn't have that roundish look. As others have said, a tasteful rear spoiler does wonders for the 4 gc in sport/m-sport trim.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2019, 11:13 AM   #51
Z06Driver
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW E92, MG F32 440i

Sorry to say OP but anyone who tells you that you will eventually fall in love with the GC is wrong IMO. There is and always will be a huge visual appeal to the coupe over the GC...and that's the truth!

Get out of this deal while you can and get the car you should have in the first place.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2019, 12:22 PM   #52
Gen13 F36
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06Driver View Post
Sorry to say OP but anyone who tells you that you will eventually fall in love with the GC is wrong IMO. There is and always will be a huge visual appeal to the coupe over the GC...and that's the truth!

Get out of this deal while you can and get the car you should have in the first place.
He already drove off with the car... returning it will cost him
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2019, 12:27 PM   #53
Newman1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:

You're right. The car looks like a piece of shit. Parked over the line and taking up two spaces.
Appreciate 4
MmmmmM22588.50
Schmitz241.00
Beek707.00
      07-17-2019, 12:38 PM   #54
SoCalCarGuy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 440ix cpe + 2018 x4 m40i

Quote:
It looks good!
Spoiler shouldn't be hard to remove, just use a fishing line and then slowly peel off the remaining 3M tape using goo-gone and some heat. I'm sure there are a lot of youtube videos out there. I de-badged my car in freezing winter and was able to remove the tape without scratching or peeling the paint. Would be easier on a hot day.
or leave the spoiler on and see what happens. the dealer might see it as value added to upcharge the next buyer.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2019, 01:01 PM   #55
CajunBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i and X1, Chrysler Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen13 F36 View Post
Quote:

I posted here not just complaining but try to provide some catches on dings of GC looking that only owners would notice.

See.. it's a fastback with 2 extra door
For a growing family??? Or a night on the town?? So maybe there can be benefits to 4 doors. I have a 340 and needed the 4 doors because of the family. So practicality trumps my choice of 4 doors - that was the brain picking a sedan. The heart said 6 cylinder with turbo, so we had a good compromise....hahahahaha!!
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 12:19 AM   #56
pollpoll
Rep

[QUOTE=Z06Driver;25037010]

truth hurts[IMG][/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 02:08 AM   #57
Gen13 F36
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

[QUOTE=pollpoll;25044207]
Quote:

truth hurts[IMG][/IMG]
But it was your fault... you follow the incentive and not your heart
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 01:22 PM   #58
pollpoll
Rep

[QUOTE=Gen13 F36;25044365]
Quote:
Quote:

truth hurts[IMG][/IMG]
[QUOTE=Gen13 F36;25044365]
Quote:
Quote:

truth hurts[IMG][/IMG]

True. my bad. this was a typical act on impulse. I took classic salesman bait. I was lured that June incentive was like once in 10 years. so need act fast. But all 2019 car left were gran coupes. Dealer said Coupe was more popular and gran coupe was for a small group of people need more practicality.

And this was 2019 close out sale 2020s are on their way to the lot.

But incentive only applies to 2019. If I wanted coupe, I need to wait for 2020 model or picked up one of the GC leftover. Dealer mentioned they did see GC was less popular and harder to sell. That was why they were in lot for much longer time than coupe and why I got incentive.
they also mentioned GC may discontinue 2021.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 02:07 PM   #59
Calvin36
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M Sport

I personally like the 3 series look over the GC. It was designed as a sedan so the proportions are more "correct" imo.

Regarding your regretting your lease... well, that's why it's never smart to do a knee jerk reaction to something like getting a car. See if anyone would be willing to assume the lease. I mean the 4GC isn't THAT bad.. it's just not as sporty as you expected since you were set on a couple.
      07-19-2019, 02:25 PM   #60
Gen13 F36
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

[QUOTE=pollpoll;25046262][QUOTE=Gen13 F36;25044365]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen13 F36 View Post

True. my bad. this was a typical act on impulse. I took classic salesman bait. I was lured that June incentive was like once in 10 years. so need act fast. But all 2019 car left were gran coupes. Dealer said Coupe was more popular and gran coupe was for a small group of people need more practicality.

And this was 2019 close out sale 2020s are on their way to the lot.

But incentive only applies to 2019. If I wanted coupe, I need to wait for 2020 model or picked up one of the GC leftover. Dealer mentioned they did see GC was less popular and harder to sell. That was why they were in lot for much longer time than coupe and why I got incentive.
they also mentioned GC may discontinue 2021.
Speaking of incentives. The company I work for merge with another company and now I'm getting this email about saving on buying a new car. Last month was for a Volvo with incentive of $12k. Now just 2 weeks ago I got an email for BMW incentive from $10k for company employee. I almost got me. I wish they offer that back when I was looking. Maybe in the future they send another email.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 04:53 PM   #61
pollpoll
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin36 View Post
I personally like the 3 series look over the GC. It was designed as a sedan so the proportions are more "correct" imo.

Regarding your regretting your lease... well, that's why it's never smart to do a knee jerk reaction to something like getting a car. See if anyone would be willing to assume the lease. I mean the 4GC isn't THAT bad.. it's just not as sporty as you expected since you were set on a couple.
I started to wonder why 4GC ever exits.
If people like sedan they go 3 series, if they like sportier look they go 4 coupe. I see some threads claimed among half of 4 productions are GC though I didn't find any official data online to support it. So why BMW just produces them to let them stay longer in dealers's lots, harder to sell and need incentive to let them go...

On leasehackr forum, there is a tread discussing a special order 440 GC staying on dealer's lot for a year and no body buys. They said if it was coupe it would've be sold right away.

I paid some attention to the 4 series on road. I see about 4-5 times coupe everyday and but gran coupe only about once a month. Even dealer mentioned GC is harder to sell so they all left on the lot.
So if GC took half of 4 series productions is true, maybe most them were sold in Europe? the hometown of Wagon lovers? 4GC is a really better looking wagon compared to 3 series wagons.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 08:02 PM   #62
Fuller
Major
Rep
Drives: F36 435i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin36 View Post

I started to wonder why 4GC ever exits.
If people like sedan they go 3 series, if they like sportier look they go 4 coupe. I see some threads claimed among half of 4 productions are GC though I didn't find any official data online to support it. So why BMW just produces them to let them stay longer in dealers's lots, harder to sell and need incentive to let them go...

On leasehackr forum, there is a tread discussing a special order 440 GC staying on dealer's lot for a year and no body buys. They said if it was coupe it would've be sold right away.

I paid some attention to the 4 series on road. I see about 4-5 times coupe everyday and but gran coupe only about once a month. Even dealer mentioned GC is harder to sell so they all left on the lot.
So if GC took half of 4 series productions is true, maybe most them were sold in Europe? the hometown of Wagon lovers? 4GC is a really better looking wagon compared to 3 series wagons.
I had an f30 335i sedan and a 435i gran coupe, and for those that want four doors, the gran coupe drives and handles differently than the 3 series sedan. In my experience it corners much flatter and feels about 1000 times more grounded. It's a sportier drive than the 3 series.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2019, 12:28 AM   #63
oregondonor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435i

Garage List
coupe1
/ko͞op/

noun
a car with a fixed roof, two doors, and a sloping rear.
HISTORICAL
a four-wheeled enclosed carriage for two passengers and a driver.

No mention of four doors here.

Why are we calling a four door a coupe?
2016 435i MSport ZHP #85

Appreciate 0
      07-20-2019, 12:38 AM   #64
MmmmmM2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Garage List
2016 Mazda CX-5  [0.00]
2021 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregondonor View Post
coupe1
/ko͞op/

noun
a car with a fixed roof, two doors, and a sloping rear.
HISTORICAL
a four-wheeled enclosed carriage for two passengers and a driver.

No mention of four doors here.

Why are we calling a four door a coupe?
You can thank the Mercedes Benz CLS for that.
Appreciate 1
tex26702412.50
      07-20-2019, 05:45 AM   #65
NYOreo23
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335xi

I’m a sedan kind of guy so 3 series all the way for me but I will say the 4 series GC does look nice.

Never saw the reason to spend more money though. What are the real differences between them that make people go with the GC instead of 3 series?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2019, 05:48 AM   #66
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYOreo23 View Post
I’m a sedan kind of guy so 3 series all the way for me but I will say the 4 series GC does look nice.

Never saw the reason to spend more money though. What are the real differences between them that make people go with the GC instead of 3 series?
Hatchback functionality in a car with superior handing dynamics. No point arguing aesthetics, as subjective as chocolate vs strawberry ice cream...ok, we all know chocolate is “better “.
Appreciate 1