F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Mid-engine Corvette Spy shots
ARMA SPEED
Closed Thread

07-18-2019, 06:45 PM   #265
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post
I don't mind that cockpit, but what is up with that steering wheel, sorry i mean steering square. It's atrocious.

Friend already made the joke that it's so the typical short/fat stereotype guys can get their legs under it and still see over it.
Possibly the ugliest steering "wheel" ever. The stupid "look at me, I'm a racer" centering stripe doesn't help either.
      07-18-2019, 06:46 PM   #266
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick3753 View Post
You think there is a turbo boost button?
Man I hoped the C8 interior would be that good.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 07:00 PM   #267
WestRace
Major
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3

The interior design seems fine. I care more for the mechanical refinement of the drive train. The Audi R8 steering also has that square thing at the bottom but nobody complaining. I think they they try to make it look like F1 steering. By the way, the last thing I would bitch about the Corvette is the shape of the steering wheel.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 07:28 PM   #268
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRace View Post
It's hard to believe then entire world is doing that. Manufacturing high end stuffs cost money ... same with Rolex, high end Italian suits and so on. That's why the old GM cars such as Cadillac and Corvette always felt cheap.

The newer Cadillac are much better and they are not that cheaper now vs. the German. The current C7 even though very fast does not have the same refine, expensive feel of say an M4. I mean it costs a lot of money to have the feel of a Porsche 911. It does not happen through accident or using cheap manufacturing process.

I am sure GM can make a very fast C8 for $65K, but to compete with M4 and 911 refinement, it cannot be done at $65K. I mean you can put an engine in the middle but it does not make it an exotic like Ferrari or the likes.
Some of what you describe is what’s known as a niche market, does a Rolex tell time better than my garmin watch? No. People pay for the status symbol and they don’t have to worry much about competitors. In non-niche markets, someone will always come along that can do what you do, but better, cheaper, faster, more efficiently and so on. This is why business is hard. A lot more businesses “think” they have a niche market when in fact they are do not and when they go out of business they’ll blame everyone but themselves. Business is continually improving, seeking new markets, etc. The ashes of the failed businesses hopefully get consolidated into something new and successful.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      07-18-2019, 07:54 PM   #269
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
All the photos are on Corvette forum ....leaked by Esquire I think. Looks sexy.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 07:54 PM   #270
WestRace
Major
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Some of what you describe is what’s known as a niche market, does a Rolex tell time better than my garmin watch? No. People pay for the status symbol and they don’t have to worry much about competitors. In non-niche markets, someone will always come along that can do what you do, but better, cheaper, faster, more efficiently and so on. This is why business is hard. A lot more businesses “think” they have a niche market when in fact they are do not and when they go out of business they’ll blame everyone but themselves. Business is continually improving, seeking new markets, etc. The ashes of the failed businesses hopefully get consolidated into something new and successful.
My point was it costs money to make "quality" whether it is a watch, a car, a suit or some other products. My post was a response to the other post who was saying high end cars are overpriced for no good reason. I argue that the reason cars like 911, Ferrari and so on cost a lot of money because they have more rigorous engineering and manufacturing process and those things cost a lot more money. They can charge more money because their products are worth the price and obviously people are willing to pay for them.

For example, the Mustang GT although very fast but the panel gaps are so apparent that you don't see it in German cars. A lot of the Mustang suspension components use stamped steel and they flex under acceleration instead of for example aluminum or using more expensive manufacturing process.

Speed should not be mistaken for quality.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 08:25 PM   #271
See5
BMW Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post
I don't mind that cockpit, but what is up with that steering wheel, sorry i mean steering square. It's atrocious.

Friend already made the joke that it's so the typical short/fat stereotype guys can get their legs under it and still see over it.
Did he make the same joke with the LaFerrari wheel because its clearly the same design.

Regardless, GM knocked this design out of the park IMO. If BMW dared make something like this, especially for $80-90K, this forum would be going bonkers.

Last edited by See5; 07-18-2019 at 08:44 PM..
Appreciate 4
RM72862.50
swanson733.00
Mavus2008.50
Rmtt8206.00
      07-18-2019, 11:06 PM   #272
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by See5 View Post
Did he make the same joke with the LaFerrari wheel because its clearly the same design.

Regardless, GM knocked this design out of the park IMO. If BMW dared make something like this, especially for $80-90K, this forum would be going bonkers.
Looks stupid there as well. Square wheels are not doing it for me.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread