F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Emory does it again with the gorgeously resto-modified Outlaw 911K
proTUNING Freaks

07-16-2019, 08:31 AM   #1
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK

Emory does it again with the gorgeously resto-modified Outlaw 911K

The 356 experts shifted focus to the 911 for a change, and the results are stunning

Lots of pic embedded in the attached article.

https://driving.ca/porsche/911/auto-...ed-outlaw-911k

Rod Emory has carved out a place for himself and his business in the world of Porsche by taking vintage 356s and bringing them into the modern era with mad style, grace and motorsport engineering.

Now, with the Outlaw 911K, the Porsche experts at Emory Motorsports have completed their first project based on a Porsche 911.

Commissioned by a special client, the project is based on a 1968 SWB 911 and inspired by the short-tailed Porsche 908-010 K-body prototype.

It’s a new-age beauty with shades of retro stylings, which is classic Emory. But there’s a certain amount of playfulness here that not all the other Outlaws have. Features like the air horns mounted under the front, auxiliary lights, the Mobil Pegasus painted on the side, the 901 five-speed manual transmission or the cream-and-orange paint combo all bring a sense of fun to the custom build.

Powering the 911K is a 2.5-litre twin-plug six-cylinder 911 engine that makes 190 horsepower with a modern ECU and a cooling fan from a 935. The car also got upgraded brakes with 911 S alloy calipers, a fully adjustable three-way KW shocks and Pirelli tires.

Inside, there are 908-inspired seats with red covers and racing harnesses, a Prototipo steering wheel, an amber-coloured fibreglass dash cover and leather straps for the windows to round out the vintage rally feel.

The Emory Outlaw 911K hasn’t revealed the price the customer paid yet, so feel free to browse through the gallery of photos below and take a guess at the number of zeroes the tag’ll end with.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 09:23 AM   #2
Tuxedo
Bowties r cool ▶:◀
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09' 128i MT e88, 24'G05 X5 50e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
I'll take the ridge line in the background and leave the why for y'all
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 09:32 AM   #3
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Maybe they should stick to 356's. I'd have a Singer, Gunther or stock one over this.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 12:13 PM   #4
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Maybe they should stick to 356's. I'd have a Singer, Gunther or stock one over this.

Sure a Singer would be most folks choice, but there are lots of variants on the outlaw Porsche, Magnus Walker builds a fantastic version, but I'd still take the Singer first.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 12:21 PM   #5
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
Quote:

Sure a Singer would be most folks choice, but there are lots of variants on the outlaw Porsche, Magnus Walker builds a fantastic version, but I'd still take the Singer first.
Along with the beard, he builds some great things. For whatever reason, this example doesn't move my personal needle. Doesn't mean someone won't love it. And I can't afford it anyway.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 12:36 PM   #6
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Along with the beard, he builds some great things. For whatever reason, this example doesn't move my personal needle. Doesn't mean someone won't love it. And I can't afford it anyway.
Same here ... and that's OK, because that's how Magnus approaches each resto/build. Each has a different point of view, a different reasoning, a different perspective, a different set of challenges -- and each represents a different archetype. Part of his genius, IMHO, and why I consider him more artist than restorer/modifier. He's not doing it to create a niche because each project IS a niche.
Appreciate 1
Red Bread4462.00