F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > 2017 440ix drive purchase
Studio RSR

05-10-2021, 12:30 PM   #1
Omary241
Rep
Drives: BMW 440ix GranCoupe 2017

2017 440ix drive purchase

So this is my first bmw , I recently purchased a bmw about 2 weeks ago.

2017 440ix grancoupe with m performance but not the m performance that comes with the exhaust and power kit . With 32,000 kms

I want to get the bootmod3 stage 1 tune and also want to make the exhaust louder. However I want to take the car back to the bmw dealership to check a issue I am having.

Whenever I brake it makes a screeching sound I'm assuming this must be the brake pads?

1. Should I wait for the dealer to check it out before tuning ?

2. Do you guys think the brake pads are worn off for the screeching noise ?

3. To make louder burbles and pops should I change the downpipe and if so is the awe one good ? I got a quote from the dealer for the m performance exhaust , it's around $5000 Cad. I don't think it's worth it so I want to go after market

Let me know if anyone has experience with this please !
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2021, 12:55 PM   #2
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

Congratulations and welcome!

Noisy, screeching, squealing M Sport brakes have been extensively discussed in the Suspension Chassis brakes sub forum. Few searches and you will be well equipped to deal with the symptoms. Were the brakes ever serviced before?

What is the issue your car is experiencing which requires a dealer visit?

Are you looking for get a catted downpipe + aftermarket exhaust? For $5K CAD, I would recommend to look at Akrapovic products - expensive but so worth it.
Appreciate 1
      05-12-2021, 06:33 AM   #3
Omary241
Rep
Drives: BMW 440ix GranCoupe 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm56d7b View Post
Congratulations and welcome!

Noisy, screeching, squealing M Sport brakes have been extensively discussed in the Suspension Chassis brakes sub forum. Few searches and you will be well equipped to deal with the symptoms. Were the brakes ever serviced before?

What is the issue your car is experiencing which requires a dealer visit?

Are you looking for get a catted downpipe + aftermarket exhaust? For $5K CAD, I would recommend to look at Akrapovic products - expensive but so worth it.
ThNk you for the sub forum info ,

I found out that these are performance brakes the dealer told me when it's cold or moist it does make some squeaking . They also confirmed Theres 6mm brake pad left .

The issue I was talking about was the squeaking brake pads.

In regards to the exhaust I meant to say I don't want to spend 5k on making the car louder so I don't want to get the m performance, my budget is around 2k.

Thank you so much I'm glad there's a community like this
Appreciate 1
cfm56d7b5853.50
      05-12-2021, 08:46 AM   #4
Juice247
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '17 BMW 440xi Gran Coupe

Mike@ x-ph.com sells a combo kit of BM3 and a downpipe that will get you all the burbles and performance you need for a fraction of MPPSK, but you are taking matter into your own hands. If you're comfortable taking responsibility for your car, then Flash tuning unlocks way more potential.

I had MPPSK on my first '17 440xi gc, and I have BM3, an exhaust and a dp on my current' 17 440xi gc. They are two different beasts entirely. The first was my first BMW. The second was my third. I was far more comfortable having owned and maintained my first two cars to then tinker and tweak my current.

Congrats on having the best of the F chassis cars IMHO. Functional and fun! Only you can decide what you're comfortable with doing with it.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 11:07 AM   #5
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omary241 View Post
ThNk you for the sub forum info ,

I found out that these are performance brakes the dealer told me when it's cold or moist it does make some squeaking . They also confirmed Theres 6mm brake pad left .

The issue I was talking about was the squeaking brake pads.

In regards to the exhaust I meant to say I don't want to spend 5k on making the car louder so I don't want to get the m performance, my budget is around 2k.

Thank you so much I'm glad there's a community like this
You will find that this community welcomes questions and shares opinions quite willingly. :-)

There are many exhaust options in the $2K CAD price range. You can find practically every exhaust sound on YouTube. Worth listening before making a purchase decision.
Appreciate 0