F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > H&R or other lowering springs ride quality on F3x
GetBMWParts

05-10-2019, 02:53 AM   #23
Dave86
Registered
Italy
Rep
Drives: M435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by skilby99 View Post
H&R Springs with 20" wheels, ride is very good and the car sits nicely. It can be a bit crashy over potholes but that's mainly due to our shit roads and not the springs!

[IMG][/IMG]
Looks great, can you confirm that you mounted the "Sport" H&R springs (and not the "Super Sport")? Can you supply the part code of the springs you mounted? I'm mailing with the H&R germany base and i want to be sure they will offer to me same kind of springs that you mounted on your car, i want my car will be at same height like your which is perfect.
Appreciate 1
      05-10-2019, 07:04 AM   #24
PA4Series
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i MSport Convertible

Garage List
While I wanted to go with Dinan all the way with our mild drop, they didn't make a set of springs for our car, so we went with the ACS Springs since I had to find a set for the F33 xDrive. Some of the normal avenues don't seem to make a set for that car, including Dinan. ACS did and it was an easy order.

In the pics, you'll see the drop is relatively mild when compared to a non-xDrive car, but the fender to tire gap with the stock springs was enormous with xDrive, the car looked like it was on stilts especially after adding the carbon fiber bits.

When I had the MPPSK installed at a BMW Dealership, they were a Dinan Authorized installer as well, and I ordered the shockware from them and scheduled the install with the MPPSK. They said the Shockware would work fine with the ACS springs as long as it took to the ECU. What they said is that Shockware only installs on some of the newer 2018/2019 BMW Fseries cars for some reason, it fails on others and can't be installed. Unfortunately, ours was one of the ones it wouldn't apply to, so it didn't work.

I think, while mild, the drop is still a good one and makes the xDrive car look more like a RWD car with the BMW MPerformance springs. I only wish the front drop completely matched the back. If it wasn't for my wife needing AWD during the winters around here, I would have surely gone with the RWD car and then gone with Eibach to get the drop where I really wanted it. I still like this drop though, looks much better than stock and the ACS Springs ride very well and greatly improved the handling.
Attached Images

2019 M Performance 440i Convertible
2019 Jaguar F-Pace SVR
Appreciate 0