F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > Cosmetic Maintenance Question - Floor Mats
Studio RSR

10-30-2019, 08:54 PM   #1
klasjdh
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 435ix

Cosmetic Maintenance Question - Floor Mats

I recently bought a used 2016 F32 435i, it came with its regular carpeted floor mats. But I realized its quickly getting dirty / ruined in the area where I live since it has been quite rainy these past couple of days.

I was wondering if anyone here uses the standard carpeted floor mats, or if they use some other kind of mats? If so what do you suggest for me? I checked out these two on amazon but I don't what the difference is, or if there is any difference.

(1) https://www.amazon.com/BMW-All-Weath...00FQHZWNM?th=1

(2) https://www.amazon.com/BMW-All-Weath...07BH2229W?th=1

They are a price difference of $24 which I know isn't a lot for most people who own BMWs, but still I would like to know which one I should get, I should mention that mine does have AWD, but I'm just wondering if the RWD (1) would really make it not fit in my car.

Also does anyone know what I should use to keep the carpeted floor mats? Such as what items to use for the cleaning process? That would be of great help as well.If anyone has any suggestions or a cheaper alternative, please let me know, thank you so much!!

K.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 09:29 PM   #2
John in VA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i M Sport

51472348155 is for rear-wheel drive cars; 51472285310 is for xDrive cars - the mats have a different shape at the transmission tunnel.

Carpet mats don't do well in rainy, snowy winter application. The all-weather rubber mats you linked are a better choice. Better yet are the floor liners from BMW or Weather Tech - they have tall edges to contain water/melted snow. Not cheap, but will keep your carpet safe through the winter. You can probably find cheaper universal alternatives on Amazon or eBay.

I've had good results with Folex Carpet Spot Remover.
2015 BMW 228i in EstorilBlau II Metallic / Terra Dakota Leather - 6-speed manual, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Lighting Package, Premium Package, Harman Kardon premium sound, Anti-theft alarm system, Blue Metallic Matt Accent Moldings, Aluminum Hexagon Interior Strips, Anthracite Headlining
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 10:58 PM   #3
klasjdh
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
51472348155 is for rear-wheel drive cars; 51472285310 is for xDrive cars - the mats have a different shape at the transmission tunnel.

Carpet mats don't do well in rainy, snowy winter application. The all-weather rubber mats you linked are a better choice. Better yet are the floor liners from BMW or Weather Tech - they have tall edges to contain water/melted snow. Not cheap, but will keep your carpet safe through the winter. You can probably find cheaper universal alternatives on Amazon or eBay.

I've had good results with Folex Carpet Spot Remover.
In regards to the weather tech - I see that they only have the front for the all weather floor mats for 2016 AWD F32 435i Gran Coupe, and don't have the rear same goes for 2015 and 2014.

Same thing with the AWD all weather mat on amazon
https://www.amazon.com/BMW-514722853...ct_top?ie=UTF8

There is no rear! Where do I get the rear mats?!

My only "cosmetic" gripe with the floor liner is that it says weather tech on it, I know its very meager dislike in the grand scope of things, but I guess I will have to do some digging.

I found these:https://www.shopbmwusa.com/PRODUCT/5...R-FLOOR-LINERS

But really don't think it's worth $440, (if its sold individually each)

Anyways, I appreciate the help and info on the carpet cleaner.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 07:08 AM   #4
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Get WeatherTech floor liners, not mats. Worth every penny. Having that name on them is a plus, those in the know are aware that they're the best there is.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 08:47 AM   #5
John in VA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by klasjdh View Post
In regards to the weather tech - I see that they only have the front for the all weather floor mats for 2016 AWD F32 435i Gran Coupe, and don't have the rear same goes for 2015 and 2014.

Same thing with the AWD all weather mat on amazon
https://www.amazon.com/BMW-514722853...ct_top?ie=UTF8

There is no rear! Where do I get the rear mats?!

My only "cosmetic" gripe with the floor liner is that it says weather tech on it, I know its very meager dislike in the grand scope of things, but I guess I will have to do some digging.

I found these:https://www.shopbmwusa.com/PRODUCT/5...R-FLOOR-LINERS

But really don't think it's worth $440, (if its sold individually each)

Anyways, I appreciate the help and info on the carpet cleaner.
It's not uncommon for BMW to discontinue accessories for non-current models - you can often find good deals from members here selling in the classified section.

The plastic Weather Tech logo is a sticker & can be easily removed after applying some low heat, if it bothers you.

Shopbmwusa mats are 120 + 100, not 440 - they come in pairs.
2015 BMW 228i in EstorilBlau II Metallic / Terra Dakota Leather - 6-speed manual, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Lighting Package, Premium Package, Harman Kardon premium sound, Anti-theft alarm system, Blue Metallic Matt Accent Moldings, Aluminum Hexagon Interior Strips, Anthracite Headlining
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 09:09 AM   #6
klasjdh
Private
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
It's not uncommon for BMW to discontinue accessories for non-current models - you can often find good deals from members here selling in the classified section.

The plastic Weather Tech logo is a sticker & can be easily removed after applying some low heat, if it bothers you.

Shopbmwusa mats are 120 + 100, not 440 - they come in pairs.
Thank you so much John, I really appreciate your suggestion and clarification!

I feel like .. such a newbie.. hah
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 06:53 PM   #7
vanbmw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 Black 335i

I have those BMW factory all weather mats. I think they are great. I use my carpet mats for May-October. Then I put my all weather mats in for the winter months. Both work great. The BMW all weather mats clean up super easily.
Appreciate 0