F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N47 and N57 Turbodiesel Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Something holding the power back on 435d - troubleshoot
ARMA SPEED

11-30-2019, 05:39 AM   #23
CantSitStill
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i N54 19t FBO Pump + Meth

Effect of EGR I did not notice as well but recirculating exhaust fumes into the intake of an engine from a performance and longevity point of view is just plain stupid
Appreciate 1
luke1990132.50
      12-05-2019, 01:42 PM   #24
luke1990
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G30 540ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSitStill View Post
No engine out. Its all done nice and easy from the top. If you know what your doing it takes about 20 mins to get it off. EGR can be hardware and a software delete or you can just do the software delete like most ppl. That still leaves the EGR which is very prone to cracking and leaking. I left mine for MOT purposes. The UK hate tuners and wants us all to conform to the rules.

The swirl flaps are plastic and not going anywhere (unlike the M57) on the N57. I took mine out and the Ecu knew straight away before driving and stopped the car from boosting. Had to get a software delete for them. Can't say I notice a difference in power up or down. Probably not worth it TBH. Maybe at 500hp+ for better flow.
Thanks! Before I go hybrid I will for sure clean this. To me its still scary . I build computers for all my family and similarly when people tell me that building computers is scary I tell them that its very easy. But car to me is a bit different league and cost
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 04:49 PM   #25
CantSitStill
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i N54 19t FBO Pump + Meth

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke1990 View Post
Thanks! Before I go hybrid I will for sure clean this. To me its still scary . I build computers for all my family and similarly when people tell me that building computers is scary I tell them that its very easy. But car to me is a bit different league and cost
I'm in IT and build computers as well! Lol. Get stuck in thats what I say! All the bmw guides are here:

https://www.newtis.info/
Appreciate 0