F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > BMW Dealers - Sold a car saying no marks or dents - But there was one
ARMA SPEED

12-12-2019, 06:28 AM   #45
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer-s View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MashinBenzin View Post
This happened with my 440i. Always cleaned by hand myself and I thought it was perfect. Advertised it as no dents on any panels on tootle. The trade buyer inspecting it immediately pointed out about four dents from doors being opened into it. I couldn't believe that I had never noticed two of them, but I really hadn't. He didn't even try to bring the price down though, good fella.

Yes. I've already whacked the mirror on the top of a multi-story barrier machine on exit (completely minor scratch on the bottom of the mirror) and rather distractedly scraped the front bumper on some sharp metal protection that Tesco had 'helpfully' wrapped around a concrete pillar. I was carefully watching the pillar on my 360 overhead view...

Will see if the likes of chips away can deal with the bumper, but not having it bodyshopped if they can't.
Had a few touch ups with car wizard recently, did a decent job, give me a shout if you want to see their work
Thanks for that, they are local and the website examples look good. Interested to know more :-)

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 06:35 AM   #46
GOWRIN
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F36 435D XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 AKY View Post
Assuming the car was purchased as an AUC, so you have any pics from the website, from which you can identify the damage?

If you don't, the dealer should still have copies (in higher definition?) of the images stored somewhere. Make up a reason and ask for them.
Yes it was AUC. No pictures from the website as it was taken down day after I collected the car.
I will try that depending on what they come back with thanks