F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Avin USA 10.25 android system install DIY
ARMA SPEED

05-03-2017, 10:11 PM   #67
Zymon
Rep
Drives: F30 316i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdalto View Post
That can bus section is for the original screen type. Mine is like yours, I really don't know if there is any way of changing it.

By the way
I got sound in the google maps app but no sound for music, thats really odd...
Just a suggestion. Can u try to plug in a 3.5 mm jack into the aux located in your glove box. There is one that comes with this screen. The other end of th3 3.5mm cable can leave it free- bundle up nicely. Do it when car is off. After which turn on to see if it works.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2017, 09:12 AM   #68
jayman80
Rep
Drives: 2013 328 I Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymon View Post
Its 7 days free trial on the full package. Thereafter its limited function on offline map. Can buy the lifetime license if u need all the functions
I only used it for 1 day.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2017, 09:13 AM   #69
jayman80
Rep

Quote:
That can bus section is for the original screen type. Mine is like yours, I really don't know if there is any way of changing it.

By the way
I got sound in the google maps app but no sound for music, thats really odd...
I contacted Avin and they said that the split screen is the only way to prevent distortion and is the only option I have.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2017, 12:15 PM   #70
fdalto
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman80 View Post
I contacted Avin and they said that the split screen is the only way to prevent distortion and is the only option I have.
O have imagined that.

I will try the aux now...
Let's hope it works.
During my late trip the google maps sound was working ok and I could hear the spotfy músic while maps gives orders, but when the phrase ends the music stops together...

My cas has a CIC system and do not allow a blouethoot streaming, do you think it might be something with that ?
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2017, 12:34 PM   #71
fdalto
Rep

Quote:
Just a suggestion. Can u try to plug in a 3.5 mm jack into the aux located in your glove box. There is one that comes with this screen. The other end of th3 3.5mm cable can leave it free- bundle up nicely. Do it when car is off. After which turn on to see if it works.
I have just tried that, but no success
Also tried listening Avin sound with a CD playing but got no response

=\

I have to check all cables and installing, maybe one of the optical fibers is loose.

I don't really believe in that because car sound and google maps are working fine... how knows.

The sceeen is so amazing, I really want that sound goes ok...
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2017, 12:52 PM   #72
zcspec
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 911/Boxster/Model Y

I am interested in this route and greatly appreciate you guys pioneering and working on resolving some of the known issues. There is a great deal of potential with this setup and I am looking forward to seeing the end result!
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2017, 10:34 AM   #73
jayman80
Rep

Still no luck in getting Android Auto working on my unit.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2017, 04:39 PM   #74
BMW DIY Guy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.75]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
That did not work. I tried all options in that menu and non of them give me a full screen. They are all scrambled or disorted (think to the days of an old cable box). The only one that shows a non distorted/scrambled screen is the one where I have some odd screen split between the original car and the new.

Any thoughts?
So I had the same issue, scrambled and distorted but also with that weird split screen on the right, showing fuel and seat belt and stuff. Once I set the CAN to the right setting, all the distortion went away and the split screen did too.

Did you have an 6 inch screen before or 8.8? I can understand the scrambled but am confused the that you still have the split screen.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2017, 01:42 PM   #75
fdalto
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by raichean View Post
So I had the same issue, scrambled and distorted but also with that weird split screen on the right, showing fuel and seat belt and stuff. Once I set the CAN to the right setting, all the distortion went away and the split screen did too.

Did you have an 6 inch screen before or 8.8? I can understand the scrambled but am confused the that you still have the split screen.
Splitted screen is normal for all 6inches bmw display (CIC)
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2017, 01:46 PM   #76
fdalto
Rep

I think we should talk to people that makes coding to change screen resolution and try to change sound settings
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2017, 09:32 AM   #77
jayman80
Rep

Quote:

I had the 6 inch screen i think. But according to AVIN, there is not fix for it. I tried all the CAN options.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2017, 09:33 AM   #78
BMW DIY Guy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.75]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman80
Quote:

I had the 6 inch screen i think. But according to AVIN, there is not fix for it. I tried all the CAN options.
ah ok.. that isn't something I had seen coming from the 8.8 once I had my settings setup properly.
'Lillith' F87 M2 Competition Build Thread
Appreciate 1
jeffc83722.00
      05-08-2017, 09:34 AM   #79
jayman80
Rep

And still no luck on Android Auto. anyone else have success?

Also I can get phone calls to work, but I still cant get BT audio to stream music from my phone, anyone have luck?

Another minor issue i have had is that the time format changes to 24 format regardless of how many times I go in and change the format to 12 hour format. Any ideas?

Finally, I have had some issues on the easy share screen popping up randomly. I am just listening to my radio and the easy share screen just pops up and tries to connect (phone is not hard wired or anything).

Wondering if I got a faulty unit or if this is par for the course?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2017, 09:52 AM   #80
lesnica
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:

Also I can get phone calls to work, but I still cant get BT audio to stream music from my phone, anyone have luck?

Another minor issue i have had is that the time format changes to 24 format regardless of how many times I go in and change the format to 12 hour format. Any ideas?

Finally, I have had some issues on the easy share screen popping up randomly. I am just listening to my radio and the easy share screen just pops up and tries to connect (phone is not hard wired or anything).

Wondering if I got a faulty unit or if this is par for the course?
Quick question for you, since you came from the 6in screen which results in you having split screen now, do you have split screen the whole time or just when you start up?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2017, 08:58 PM   #81
fdalto
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesnica View Post
Quick question for you, since you came from the 6in screen which results in you having split screen now, do you have split screen the whole time or just when you start up?
I gess is only when using the original car system.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2017, 08:59 PM   #82
fdalto
Rep

Quote:
What do you mean "android auto" ?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2017, 08:39 AM   #83
Zymon
Rep

Quote:
I gess is only when using the original car system.
I did not change any setting on the cabus . isn't the split screen normal.? My buddy owning a f30 with 8.8 inch screen said it looks exactly like stock bmw UI. See attached which is mine. I thought it looks ok to me. I don't encounter any funny pixel or distortion from the onset
Attached Images

Last edited by Zymon; 05-09-2017 at 09:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2017, 08:40 AM   #84
Zymon
Rep

Quote:
Its an android software to be installed on any android phone that can project on thebscren via bluetooth. U can Google on it

I've feedback to avin. They are still sorting out. Waiting for them.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2017, 08:45 AM   #85
Zymon
Rep

By the way, have anyone of u guys tried the sygic navi? It picks up the coordinate very slowly.

Also it cannot pin point the location of the car accurately. Will jump about randomly.

I tried using Google map via the screen with tethering to my phone data. Seems like also cannot pin point the location accurately. I have a feeling its hardware issue. That the gps antenna not strong enough. Where do u guys place the square piece of the end of the antenna. Hidden under dash or place on top of dash? Care to share on your experience with the sygic navi?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2017, 10:08 AM   #86
jayman80
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesnica View Post
Split screen only in the original car mode. And it starts up in split screen.

FWIW I was just given an android update file from AVIN in a google drive link. will see if this fixes it.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2017, 10:09 AM   #87
jayman80
Rep

Quote:
Mirroring android auto from my phone to the screen on the dash.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2017, 10:12 AM   #88
jayman80
Rep

Quote:
By the way, have anyone of u guys tried the sygic navi? It picks up the coordinate very slowly.

Also it cannot pin point the location of the car accurately. Will jump about randomly.

I tried using Google map via the screen with tethering to my phone data. Seems like also cannot pin point the location accurately. I have a feeling its hardware issue. That the gps antenna not strong enough. Where do u guys place the square piece of the end of the antenna. Hidden under dash or place on top of dash? Care to share on your experience with the sygic navi?
Sygic works fine for me. My tethered connection is painfully slow. Would really like if Android Auto worked.

Still no luck on streaming audio from my phone. Anyone have luck?

Side note, does anyone know how to change the ring tone or ring tone volume when the phone is connected? It is super loud when i get a call regardless of how loud I have my volume on.

At this moment defaulting to the factory BT audio and phone.
Appreciate 0