F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Why invest in a 320i?
GetBMWParts

09-05-2021, 02:16 AM   #89
Stew Marvin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 320i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhigh View Post
There are 2 sides to every coin.

First side: A car improvement (of any kind) is not measured against what other cars there are on the market, but against the car itself as a baseline! It is not the point that there are (much) more powerful vehicles out there, especially since there are also (much) less powerful vehicles! And why would the same logic not apply to a 340i or M3? There are of course M6, M8, Porsches and Ferraris and you name it, all of which are way more powerful. There will ALWAYS be something more ... That in isolation should not stop you!

Flip side: There is no point to try to make a 320i behave like a 340i. It will not happen. The question then becomes - do 10 or 20% power increase mean enough for you to jeoperdise the reliability and value of your vehicle, especially if that's your one and only, and not just a garage experiment? My conclusion has always been that it is just not worth it. To me. You should find your answer...
I have therefore always focused more on practical/aesthetical upgrades, such as nav-system, audio upgrades, sound-proofing, light packages, etc., etc., which are worth a lot to me, but don't jeoperdise the vehicle reliability and value in a negative way.
I just bought my 320i and I would like to mod it after my warranty ends. Are you saying it wouldn't be worth it for me if this car is my daily driver?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2021, 03:47 AM   #90
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW F36

I'm saying that is a question you need to answer for yourself
      09-05-2021, 01:06 PM   #91
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew Marvin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhigh View Post
There are 2 sides to every coin.

First side: A car improvement (of any kind) is not measured against what other cars there are on the market, but against the car itself as a baseline! It is not the point that there are (much) more powerful vehicles out there, especially since there are also (much) less powerful vehicles! And why would the same logic not apply to a 340i or M3? There are of course M6, M8, Porsches and Ferraris and you name it, all of which are way more powerful. There will ALWAYS be something more ... That in isolation should not stop you!

Flip side: There is no point to try to make a 320i behave like a 340i. It will not happen. The question then becomes - do 10 or 20% power increase mean enough for you to jeoperdise the reliability and value of your vehicle, especially if that's your one and only, and not just a garage experiment? My conclusion has always been that it is just not worth it. To me. You should find your answer...
I have therefore always focused more on practical/aesthetical upgrades, such as nav-system, audio upgrades, sound-proofing, light packages, etc., etc., which are worth a lot to me, but don't jeoperdise the vehicle reliability and value in a negative way.
I just bought my 320i and I would like to mod it after my warranty ends. Are you saying it wouldn't be worth it for me if this car is my daily driver?
A JB+ and coding Sport Automatic Transmission will make it much more fun to drive.
Appreciate 0