F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > Hpfp 2016 340i
Studio RSR

01-28-2022, 01:20 PM   #1
B58340
Rep
Drives: BMW 340

Hpfp 2016 340i

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Planning on installing a tu pump on my 2016 340i, i was just wondering if anyone has done the same and if they have had any problems so far with the pump its self
      01-28-2022, 01:37 PM   #2
leew102
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 BMW 340i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by B58340 View Post
Planning on installing a tu pump on my 2016 340i, i was just wondering if anyone has done the same and if they have had any problems so far with the pump its self
Did mine a few weeks ago. I did my own spark plugs so the removal of the plastic and vbrace wasn't new to me. Only thing I would recommend is make sure you have a low torque torque wrench. I picked up a inch/lb one made for bike repairs. The bolts for the pump are supposed to be torqued down to 11ft/lbs I believe and is super easy to snap if over torqued.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2022, 03:42 AM   #3
B58340
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by leew102 View Post
Quote:
Did mine a few weeks ago. I did my own spark plugs so the removal of the plastic and vbrace wasn't new to me. Only thing I would recommend is make sure you have a low torque torque wrench. I picked up a inch/lb one made for bike repairs. The bolts for the pump are supposed to be torqued down to 11ft/lbs I believe and is super easy to snap if over torqued.
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks! How has the car been running and have you noticed a huge difference in performance
      01-29-2022, 07:29 AM   #4
leew102
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks! How has the car been running and have you noticed a huge difference in performance
The car has been running great. I had been running stg 2 for like 20k miles before I hopped onto stg 2+ so there wasn't a huge difference in power. You get more power in the middle of the band, not much on the top end. But i was getting fuel pump crashes around 2500 rpm which no longer happens.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2022, 07:38 AM   #5
ATL_Nak-Muay
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i Msport

Find kern's video. I watched and it took about 30 min. Just need a few rags and some hand tools
Appreciate 1
B583402.00
      01-29-2022, 07:45 PM   #6
B58340
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The car has been running great. I had been running stg 2 for like 20k miles before I hopped onto stg 2+ so there wasn't a huge difference in power. You get more power in the middle of the band, not much on the top end. But i was getting fuel pump crashes around 2500 rpm which no longer happens.
What happened when the fuel pump crashed and do you know why that might've happened
      01-29-2022, 08:06 PM   #7
leew102
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What happened when the fuel pump crashed and do you know why that might've happened
Don't really know to be honest what caused it. Octane was always blamed, but if my octane is bad then I'd assume that the TU pump should be crashing too, but it's not at all. Logs showed that on wide open throttle from 4th gear, there would be a throttle cut right where the pump appeared to crash then would recover after like 3500 rpm. I have had xHP ever since I got BM3 so there shouldn't have been throttle cuts caused by torque limits. When not on wide open throttle the OE pump was fine so day to day driving there wasn't issue.
Appreciate 0