F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Eccentric shaft sensor update
ARMA SPEED

03-23-2021, 04:44 PM   #1
Yodex
Registered
Rep
Drives: F30 335i Sport-Line Sedan

Eccentric shaft sensor update

So I recently had my eccentric shaft sensor changed out cause the old one died out, the new one is a newer design and needed a oem software update to make the sensor work correctly and my mechanic did that and it runs just fine, however I did have to tune it to full stock before they updated it because my mechanic was afraid of software interference, he recommends that I keep it stock on that software because he thinks the mhd tune might mess it up and make the sensor not work right. Does anyone have knowledge of if I’m safe to go ahead and just tune it back to my stage 1 tune on mhd with the updated sensor and software being there?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2021, 04:57 PM   #2
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Best bet is to reach out to MHD. Generally speaking the tune should be compatible with any software update done to the vehicle (people get software updates from dealers as well occasionally), and the mechanic was correct that you wanted to flash back to stock and relock the DME (completely uninstall MHD) before doing any software update.

Next time you reflash with a fresh install you should re-download your stock tune/software, which should include the new update. But again, confirm with MHD.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2021, 05:24 PM   #3
Yodex
Registered
Rep
Drives: F30 335i Sport-Line Sedan

I appreciate the reply! I do agree and that’s what I thought too about the software updates. I emailed mhd asking them and I’m waiting on a reply now.
Appreciate 0