F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Poor Dealer Service - North Oxford
proTUNING Freaks

09-19-2018, 10:07 AM   #1
cj170579
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E91

Poor Dealer Service - North Oxford

The shocking service I have received is extensive over a period of time and is pretty appalling and not what I expected when visiting my local dealer. The summarised list gives a brief overview on the problems, issues and poor customer service I have received:

• Brakes replaced without my permission – warped discs and pads!

• Corrosion/stained tail pipes from valet (pictures available) – replaced following another booking

• Corrosion on badges from valet (pictures available) – replaced following another booking

• Wheels replaced under warranty following corrosion. Car was sent back to me with every new wheel scuffed badly from the tyre fitter (pictures available) – replaced by another new set following another booking

• Booking for MOT, end of warranty check plus service, brake fluid change and door pin rattles

• Told all was sorted
- Service on computer not reset
- Rattles not addressed
- Dropped off car late resulting in an unhappy childminder – service advisor was instructed it had to be back for 5pm!

• Waiting 4 days for a call to rebook to address the above – Nothing had to call myself!

• Had to go to the dealership to road test and show rattles – Identified the problems with the dealerships top technician Chris

• Computer couldn’t be reset properly as the brake fluid wasn’t actually carried out! After being told it had by the service advisor.

• Met with Assistant Service Manager and apologised and admitted they had failed – reluctantly offered to do the door rattles although still tried to sting me for an hours labour!

• Car needed new door pins ordered and replaced

• Car sent back with rattles and window rattle! Reported both and rebooked. Plus scratch a scratch appeared on the rear boot lid (which I cant prove they did)!

• Back to show the same technician the rattles and window when going down in operation. Something happened to this whilst the door card was off.

• Now being asked to pay for a window regulator which I believe they did – they have offered to pay half my warranty excess £125 but claim they haven’t touched it!

• Checked the health check video they sent me and a wheel has been badly kerbed – they have replaced the wheel but claim they didn’t do it! Why change the wheel if you didn’t. picture is clear that it is fresh and has a mark on the tyre wall. The car went to the valets the day before and had a full nano coat on the body and wheels. Have pictures of the wheels in mint condition from the day before.

• Attitude and tone of the after sales manager has been extremely poor and un-customer friendly.

To date I have told them I don’t expect a bill and wish to be compensated appropriately. I have been told straight by the after sales manager that they have done nothing wrong and expects the bill to be paid as the car is ready.
I currently have a brand new 5 series m sport as a courtesy car which I intend on keeping until a satisfactory outcome is received! I will be writing to the dealer principal and BMW UK and they have been told this.

Any thoughts or advise going forward?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2018, 11:23 AM   #2
Jeff123
Jeff
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d M Sport x-drive F30

Keep good records, keep going and keep cool.

Your relationship with this dealer is in a terminal state, so once you have finished with the case find another one and move on.
Appreciate 1
willjames709.00
      09-19-2018, 11:25 AM   #3
RobUK
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 340i MPPSK

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj170579 View Post
To date I have told them I don’t expect a bill and wish to be compensated appropriately.
The one thing I would say is that if you ask to be compensated then it helps to spell out exactly what you expect from them. If you leave it to their interpretation they may just offer you a car wash!

Life is a state of mind
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2018, 12:12 PM   #4
soulboy
Private
Rep
Drives: 420i msport x drive auto

bmw uk not bothered as all dealers are frachised
Appreciate 1
RustyBitz1573.50
      09-19-2018, 12:13 PM   #5
RustyBitz
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Garage List
Ah mate that's crap! I purchased my car from them last year with no issues.

Hope you get it sorted

[url=https://www.deutschespeed.com/threads/the-bimmerpost-refugee-thread.561/]Car[/url]
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2018, 01:38 PM   #6
speedski
Major
Rep
Drives: Former F40/F36/E81/E85 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulboy View Post
bmw uk not bothered as all dealers are frachised
Except Park Lane.

Then again, is it just me but I don't think its that bad? Things happen, they get addressed.

I'm not sure its shocking, sure its bad, but I've heard and seen alot worse.

I'm not sure you can insist on not paying a bill and holding the courtesy car ransom till they agree to do so.

Be careful. This could end up be coming quite nasty...and I'm not sure you're in as strong a position as you think you are...
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2018, 03:00 PM   #7
Tengocity
General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 911, Cayenne Turbo, Disco 4

They're my local dealership and have had poor experiences also. I've now stopped using them because of it.

Hopefully you get some resolution.

I complained and they tried to phone me once, despite returning the call I never heard anymore, so they won't be getting my business ever.
Current: Porsche 911 991 C4S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo, Land Rover Discovery 4. Gone...G01 X3 M40i, Cayman S 987, F31 340i, Cayman GT4, F82 M4 CP, Lotus Exige V6, G20 330e, F30 330e, Boxster S 987, F31 335d, Mini Cooper SD, E89 Z4, E90 330d 320d, E60 520d, E46 330d 320d, MX5s, E30 325i
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 03:25 AM   #8
cj170579
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E91

Update... they have kindly waived the bill for the window regulator and changed the wheel they kerbed with a secondhand one from somewhere! might have something to do with me having a brand new 5 series as a courtesy car and I think they wanted it back!

sales advisor was good when I met him although the attitude of the management was rude and extremely un-customer friendly with the tone of emails and conversations.

I guess I am small fry and they just don't care too much about my business coming in to the garage. to be honest they have always been poor even when my family have purchased cars from them in the past. They are local for me and that is the only reason why I have used them to service my vehicle under my service plan. lesson learnt for me is the pictures should be taken of the vehicle before it goes in!

bad experience and I am sure they have lots of satisfied customers however thought it might be useful to share if you are thinking of using them in the future!
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 04:04 AM   #9
mikeoz
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40d LCI

I would find another dealer if you can?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 04:11 AM   #10
Lux700
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d - Black Sapphire

individually, most of us are small-fry and for that reason dealers are in a strong position. We want the product badly enough to tolerate their poor customer interaction. BMW is a prestigious brand and should be represented as such from every level. Create a multi-million pound business and put chimps on the front line to represent it... it never goes well. There's no such thing as a bad soldier, it comes from the top. So, it's senior managements fault.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 04:39 AM   #11
Tengocity
General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 911, Cayenne Turbo, Disco 4

The Oxford dealer has a bit of a captive market as the nearest other dealerships are Hungerford, Swindon, High Wycombe, Reading, which are all quite far away really. I think this had bred complacency, not helped by being part of a small group.

I've started using Sytner High Wycombe now as its at least in the way to the office for me.
Current: Porsche 911 991 C4S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo, Land Rover Discovery 4. Gone...G01 X3 M40i, Cayman S 987, F31 340i, Cayman GT4, F82 M4 CP, Lotus Exige V6, G20 330e, F30 330e, Boxster S 987, F31 335d, Mini Cooper SD, E89 Z4, E90 330d 320d, E60 520d, E46 330d 320d, MX5s, E30 325i
Appreciate 0