F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > HELP!! Any good mechanics ?!
proTUNING Freaks

10-12-2018, 07:05 AM   #1
Nell1995
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xdrive sportline

HELP!! Any good mechanics ?!

Looking for a few good mechanics in the Columbia, Md area.

Long story short got into an accident coming home from work last night some man or woman coming up fast behind me swerved heavy into my lane and cut me off with the tail end of their car, While not all the way clear i would have hit their car had i not reacted my (horn wasnt loud enough for them). While the roads were wet i lost traction and my car slid and jumped the curb, both my passengers side wheels hit and jumped and came right off of the curb. After i get my car to a stop, i notice the car that initiated my accident never stopped neither did i even have time to get the plate number its absurd to me that they fled after what happened maybe not knowing or look back to see what had even happened. While 5 min out The car did make it home but sounded terrible and smelled like burning rubber, probably from friction from the tire and whatever broke on the car.

The first picture is of my from passenger wheel there is alot of scrape damage and it looks as if the spring is broken and more im assuming

The second is of my back passenger wheel only the same scrape damage was done but a little minor.

My car body and everything else is fine, starts and runs fine. BUT when i try and turn my steering wheel it wont center straight to back out straight it gets stuck and wont release of course because a number of things could be wrong.

Looking for help, and options to get my car back the road again, as its probably going to cost an arm n leg to repair so thats always more stressful. But id appreciate all the help i can get. Thanks.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-12-2018, 08:26 AM   #2
Orion4
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sport Line Sedan

You may have better responses if you also post this in the Mid-Atlantic Regional Forum.
Appreciate 2
Law6377.00
      10-12-2018, 10:36 AM   #3
EDWYER
Yoda of mods
Rep
Drives: X5 RWD

Garage List
2015 X5 RWD  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell1995 View Post

Long story short got into an accident coming home from work last night some man or woman coming up fast behind me swerved heavy into my lane and cut me off with the tail end of their car, While not all the way clear i would have hit their car had i not reacted my (horn wasnt loud enough for them). While the roads were wet i lost traction and my car slid and jumped the curb, both my passengers side wheels hit and jumped and came right off of the curb. After i get my car to a stop, i notice the car that initiated my accident never stopped neither did i even have time to get the plate number its absurd to me that they fled after what happened maybe not knowing or look back to see what had even happened. While 5 min out The car did make it home but sounded terrible and smelled like burning rubber, probably from friction from the tire and whatever broke on the car.

The first picture is of my from passenger wheel there is alot of scrape damage and it looks as if the spring is broken and more im assuming

The second is of my back passenger wheel only the same scrape damage was done but a little minor.

My car body and everything else is fine, starts and runs fine. BUT when i try and turn my steering wheel it wont center straight to back out straight it gets stuck and wont release of course because a number of things could be wrong.

Looking for help, and options to get my car back the road again, as its probably going to cost an arm n leg to repair so thats always more stressful. But id appreciate all the help i can get. Thanks.
Ah, I don't miss MD roads & traffic at all. lol
YT: https://www.youtube.com/@DWYERGARAGE/videos
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2018, 10:50 AM   #4
Nell1995
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xdrive sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectBoost View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell1995 View Post

Ah, I don't miss MD roads & traffic at all. lol
Ppl here suck at driving, but i also dont miss LA traffic either so i have to pick the poison.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2018, 11:07 AM   #5
Logicoeur
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 335i xDrive

A photo of your wheels,and your description are not enough for anyone to give you a solid rundown of what is wrong or broken.

You will need to have someone physically inspect the vehicle. The only point of inspection we can suggest to you are your control arms, most likely the lower.
F30 335iX | Remus Axleback | Fabspeed Catted DP | VRSF Comp IC | 18X9 ET35 19lb MT1 | 255/40/18 ECS | Ohlins RT Millway Street | Millway Control Arm Bushings | Turner Endlinks | TMH 75mm 14x1.5 Studs | BMW MPerf LSD | XDelete | Pipercross Filter | MHD Stg2 93
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2018, 02:05 PM   #6
upsidedownfunnel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
This is why you should get a dashcam, yesterday. This will help prove your story and also be able to get license plate numbers. It also serves as an audio log so you can record the license plate number of the car that caused the accident without having to write it down.

I think you should go to a body shop and get a free estimate for repairs and open a claim with insurance since this is an accident caused by another car. I'm not sure how it is in your state, but in CA, if the accident isn't your fault, your rates won't go up. Double-check that before you file your claim because damages might not end up costing that much for you. Especially if your deductible is high.

More than likely what happened is that you damaged some control arms and/or tie rods. I doubt your spring broke. Your alignment is also assuredly out of whack but that is a small concern right now. You might have also damaged your strut, wheel bearings, wheel, and/or steering knuckle. If you go to a reputable independent mechanic, I don't think it'd cost that much.

If you can, take your wheel off and take a picture of what's in your wheel well. Or try to take a picture of it with your arm reaching in behind there.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2018, 05:09 PM   #7
John in VA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i M Sport

Check with http://benchmarkmotors.com/
They've been helpful to many local club members.
2015 BMW 228i in EstorilBlau II Metallic / Terra Dakota Leather - 6-speed manual, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Lighting Package, Premium Package, Harman Kardon premium sound, Anti-theft alarm system, Blue Metallic Matt Accent Moldings, Aluminum Hexagon Interior Strips, Anthracite Headlining
Appreciate 0