F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > NBT Retrofit Controller Help
GetBMWParts

09-24-2018, 11:37 AM   #1
testcodes
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

NBT Retrofit Controller Help

I replaced my CIC and upgraded to an NBT yesterday. So far so good, although my controller is not working.

I replaced the original CIC controller with a non-touch controller that has a separate Nav button, part number 65829286709 (RealOEM Link). From research (and please correct me if I'm wrong), I believe this is the "ZBE High" controller?

I'm not sure if I just need to wire it to KCAN2, or if I'm just missing some coding?

If wiring to KCAN2, I've read that pins 9 and 11 on the quadlock can be used. I'm using an emulator though and both 9 and 11 runs through the emulator. If I tap into 9 and 11, should I tap between the emulator and the car? Or between the emulator and the headunit?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2018, 01:37 PM   #2
testcodes
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

I figured it out, just to close the loop in case someone runs into the same issue: the controller I got needed KCAN2. I tapped between the emulator NBT.
Appreciate 0