F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > New to the area
GetBMWParts

10-16-2013, 11:00 PM   #23
mikedevi
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Meant to say I was trying to beat off the supras and 300's not my bad lol
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 10:24 AM   #24
steveMizdaman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335ix M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedevi View Post
Ha ha ha ha lol oh yeah the fast and furious I think every car featured in those movies took a hit after lol. The first true sports car I ever saw was a Datsun, growing up in India. Never forget how beautiful it was, my dad is a Nissan man was always trying to beat off the surpass and 300 z's when I had the 7. 350 z great car though, my neighbor had one was a fast workhorse
Yea datsun was awesome back in the day...the 300z was awesome too...I actually like the rx 7 over the 300zx...for me the supra was nice also but I liked the 300 little better..I really wanted a rx7 back in the day...I have a lot of photos of my 350z ill post a few for u.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 04:01 PM   #25
steveMizdaman
Second Lieutenant
Rep

here are some of my 35th anny Z

and one of my most recent car with the Z before I sold the Z...my trailblazer SS def my favorite vehicle I owned even over the Z...

Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 05:04 PM   #26
v12
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10

A few of us will be meeting tonight at the weekly Thursday Night Cars Meet in Edgewater NJ. All makes, not just BMW.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 09:38 AM   #27
mikedevi
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
A few of us will be meeting tonight at the weekly Thursday Night Cars Meet in Edgewater NJ. All makes, not just BMW.

Damm it lol, i was gonna go to the panera down there also; serves me right for not checking the forums lol
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 09:43 AM   #28
mikedevi
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveMizdaman View Post
here are some of my 35th anny Z

and one of my most recent car with the Z before I sold the Z...my trailblazer SS def my favorite vehicle I owned even over the Z...

Wow that is beautiful man, wish i still had pics of my rx7. Yeah i always like the rx7 over the supra and 300. Although i would have gladly taken a 300 as well, the supra i always looked at as a camry with twin turbos lol. Now the SS that is a super sweet truck, the noise it made with stock exhausts was unreal and sweet music. My buddy owns one in LA and we used to tow our bikes to the track for races. That things used to pull the trailer with our bikes, gear, tools, tires, etc and it honestly felt like nothing
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 06:16 PM   #29
steveMizdaman
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Wow that is beautiful man, wish i still had pics of my rx7. Yeah i always like the rx7 over the supra and 300. Although i would have gladly taken a 300 as well, the supra i always looked at as a camry with twin turbos lol. Now the SS that is a super sweet truck, the noise it made with stock exhausts was unreal and sweet music. My buddy owns one in LA and we used to tow our bikes to the track for races. That things used to pull the trailer with our bikes, gear, tools, tires, etc and it honestly felt like nothing
thank you very much!!

lol yes that's what I thought too...a camry coupe with twin turbo. Wasn't a fan of it really. I actually like the Mitsubishi 3000gt, remember those?

I really miss the SS, wish I didn't have to sell it in order to the the 335. I actually had the SLP dual exhaust installed with the custom rear valance, Cold air intake. Truck was a beast even though I never towed anything its still a beast towing lol. I had a blast in the winter with it here in NY!!
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2013, 06:15 PM   #30
jsedlak
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335i 6spd

Quote:
Thank you both guys, sorry for the late response. Moving has been a nightmare and so has connecting the internet. I actually moved to the west new york area and will be working in the DC area. Ha ha ha ha well i can see why my dealer was trying to sell me on the xdrive so badly lol, every BMW in the area is xdrive; well i do need some winter tires as well. Thank goodness my GF has a nice SUV with all wheel drive. Thanks again and if there are any meets or bunch of you guys hanging out please lemme know. All the best
You should be good until late December, then throw some on for January + February. Some years it comes earlier, but it usually doesn't hang around like in January.

Welcome to the tristate
      10-19-2013, 08:01 PM   #31
mikedevi
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsedlak View Post
You should be good until late December, then throw some on for January + February. Some years it comes earlier, but it usually doesn't hang around like in January.

Welcome to the tristate
Thank you sir appreciate the advice and the welcome; yeah the cold and snow will take getting used to, esp after having 70's and the beach in Jan and Feb lol. Thanks again
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2013, 08:11 PM   #32
mikedevi
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
thank you very much!!

lol yes that's what I thought too...a camry coupe with twin turbo. Wasn't a fan of it really. I actually like the Mitsubishi 3000gt, remember those?

I really miss the SS, wish I didn't have to sell it in order to the the 335. I actually had the SLP dual exhaust installed with the custom rear valance, Cold air intake. Truck was a beast even though I never towed anything its still a beast towing lol. I had a blast in the winter with it here in NY!!

I'm sure you do man, esp with all those mod's I never even knew about those SUV's until i saw my buddy's. Ha hahaha camry coupe, i know some Supra guys that would boast to run 30 pounds of boost on stock turbos and edu. I was always amazed how their motors and turbos lasted lol. Man you kidding me i totally remember the 3000gt of course you had to get the VR4 version in order to be fast cause those things were tanks. There used to be this place on the east coast called altered atmosphere with a high powered VR4 that looked amazing. You remember the VR4's twin the Stealth hahaha that was actually a pretty sweet car as well
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2013, 09:20 PM   #33
steveMizdaman
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I'm sure you do man, esp with all those mod's I never even knew about those SUV's until i saw my buddy's. Ha hahaha camry coupe, i know some Supra guys that would boast to run 30 pounds of boost on stock turbos and edu. I was always amazed how their motors and turbos lasted lol. Man you kidding me i totally remember the 3000gt of course you had to get the VR4 version in order to be fast cause those things were tanks. There used to be this place on the east coast called altered atmosphere with a high powered VR4 that looked amazing. You remember the VR4's twin the Stealth hahaha that was actually a pretty sweet car as well
yea those SS's and SRT8 Cherokee trucks are pure speed demon tanks man...crazy how my SS sucked up gas from stop sign to stop sign or light to light...got about 9 MPG in the city...16-17mpg on highway lol

YES the VR4 was the top of line. Remember it some feature where like all 4 tires would turn or something along those lines it wasn't all wheel drive I don't think or maybe it was. Yes I remember the stealth also, was that turbo?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2013, 09:06 AM   #34
Biorin
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: to get cheeseburgers

Quote:
Thank you sir appreciate the advice and the welcome; yeah the cold and snow will take getting used to, esp after having 70's and the beach in Jan and Feb lol. Thanks again
I moved here from California too. I quickly realized the Cold Weather package wasn't a luxury so much as essential to my survival! I'm still a temperature wimp.
I don't mind the snow so much though as the constant car washes from all that salt and grime.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2013, 09:07 AM   #35
v12
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10

Guys - I am putting together a meet this coming Sunday:

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=904071
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 08:28 PM   #36
mikedevi
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
yea those SS's and SRT8 Cherokee trucks are pure speed demon tanks man...crazy how my SS sucked up gas from stop sign to stop sign or light to light...got about 9 MPG in the city...16-17mpg on highway lol

YES the VR4 was the top of line. Remember it some feature where like all 4 tires would turn or something along those lines it wasn't all wheel drive I don't think or maybe it was. Yes I remember the stealth also, was that turbo?
Hahahaha yeah the i totally understand the gas issue I used to have the same problem with my rx7. I used to run 1200cc primary and 2200cc secondary fuel injectors lol. Yeah the VR4 was all wheel drive the same system the eclipse gsx and gst had. Yeah the Stealth was designed to be the sister car of the VR4 they had a NA and a turbo model
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 08:32 PM   #37
mikedevi
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biorin View Post
I moved here from California too. I quickly realized the Cold Weather package wasn't a luxury so much as essential to my survival! I'm still a temperature wimp.
I don't mind the snow so much though as the constant car washes from all that salt and grime.
Lol no kidding like i said glad my gf has a awesome suv lol, she already makes fun of me saying are we taking the weekend car out now lol. Where about's in CA did you move from??? How long have you been in the area??? Ahhhh the salt and grime that is forsure a def no so lemme know if u have a good car wash you can point me in. I think it's crazy that in west ny i cannot find a self wash place
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 08:35 PM   #38
mikedevi
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Guys - I am putting together a meet this coming Sunday:

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=904071
I am actually in DC for the next two and half weeks for work so I won't be able to make it. I promise I'm no flake I will for sure try and make the next one. Thanks for keeping me in the loop
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 11:43 AM   #39
Biorin
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Lol no kidding like i said glad my gf has a awesome suv lol, she already makes fun of me saying are we taking the weekend car out now lol. Where about's in CA did you move from??? How long have you been in the area??? Ahhhh the salt and grime that is forsure a def no so lemme know if u have a good car wash you can point me in. I think it's crazy that in west ny i cannot find a self wash place
I'm from Napa. I was up in Boston for a couple years and I just moved to SW Connecticut in June. I think there's a self-wash in Hoboken if you feel like getting nailed in bridge and tunnel fees!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 07:58 PM   #40
mikedevi
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biorin View Post
I'm from Napa. I was up in Boston for a couple years and I just moved to SW Connecticut in June. I think there's a self-wash in Hoboken if you feel like getting nailed in bridge and tunnel fees!
No kidding, Napa is a beautiful area. My cousin and her husband moved from SF, to Santa Rosa, and now are in Windsor. I love that area, when we move back to CA we are really gonna try and settle down somewhere in Norcal. Nice I will def check out the self wash place, you wouldn't happen to have the name of the place would ya???? Thanks again
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2013, 10:14 AM   #41
mikedevi
Private
United_States
Rep

Hey guys I did have a question, hopefully someone could help me out. I wanted to register my car is it better to register in Ny or Nj???? Also what are the requirements and is it cheaper to register in one state as opposed to the other???? Thanks a lot
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2013, 12:05 PM   #42
Pcprograms
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 320i xDrive

Quote:
Hey guys I did have a question, hopefully someone could help me out. I wanted to register my car is it better to register in Ny or Nj???? Also what are the requirements and is it cheaper to register in one state as opposed to the other???? Thanks a lot
Your insurance will probably be cheaper in NJ so if I had a choice I would do NJ but it varies by zip code. Some zip codes in upstate NY may be cheaper then NJ but you will need a physical address I believe. If your car is still registered in CALI and you have a good rate why register it down here right away? I would wait until your next inspection is due in CALI and then switch here.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2013, 05:41 PM   #43
Biorin
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcprograms View Post
Your insurance will probably be cheaper in NJ so if I had a choice I would do NJ but it varies by zip code. Some zip codes in upstate NY may be cheaper then NJ but you will need a physical address I believe. If your car is still registered in CALI and you have a good rate why register it down here right away? I would wait until your next inspection is due in CALI and then switch here.
Agreed, that + out of state license can get you out of some speeding tickets since you "really don't know the area!"

I think that place (Hoboken Car Wash) went full-service, but if you're up for OTHER people washing your car by hand there's Only By Hand in HoHoKus and Chelsea Car Wash in Manhattan that will do a hand wash if you ask.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2013, 10:00 PM   #44
mikedevi
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcprograms View Post

I actually have temp tags on it and need to register it before dec 19th, that's why i ask. I actually had over $1300 worth of street sweeping tickets (la nazi's) so rather than pay them to get my new registration i said screw it and traded the car in. So i have temp tags and have to register it. So NJ it is then, I'm currently in west ny, nj
Appreciate 0