F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Did I get scammed? Help with warranty issue.
ARMA SPEED

11-09-2018, 02:51 PM   #111
brettbmw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 320i 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
No, most are not bozo to not do proper due diligence when pre-existing conditions are found on a car.

At least, the people who are actually paid over $375 prior to lunch (and deserve it) know that...as well as most of us bozos no matter what we make.

Furthermore, those who make over $375 prior to lunch also know to not let emotions get in the way when doing business.

Guess it was a giant fail for you on multiple fronts.
I luv all these big words people use. Hmm 375.00 seems too affect you guys more than any other thing ive said. So I guess my wife's the fool (bozo) as she purchased the car, not i..Ok I'll ask you men of the world...What would u have done if your wife wanted that car...Im curious since you guys seems to know all thier is to know about cars. You fail to realize 4 things. 1 she wanted all wheel drive 2 she wanted a highly optioned car 3 she wanted a payment under 400 per month and 4 she wanted a BMW...So I guess we are both Bozos. As I've said I'm perfectly happy with my car...But I'll say we are ALL bozos on the same bus of life .. Only I admit it...will u guys????
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2018, 02:54 PM   #112
tex2670
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X1 28i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettbmw View Post
Let's face it guys were all on the same Bozo bus with any car we purchase, I've had new cars die on vacation a 98 ford ranger. But let's be honest ,how many of us really know our warrentees word for word? I'm being honest hear not many! Why because one is so exited about the purchase...Me included....
I can't say I know it word for word, particularly my CPO, and I have gotten hosed before on an extended (even though I was 100% right), but what I do know is that it's not spelled "warrentee". No one expects perfect spelling or grammar on an internet forum, but I would say, it really undercuts your arguments about a warranty when you are spelling it incorrectly, over and over.
Appreciate 1
IK6SPEED4488.00
      11-09-2018, 02:57 PM   #113
brettbmw
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex2670 View Post
I can't say I know it word for word, particularly my CPO, and I have gotten hosed before on an extended (even though I was 100% right), but what I do know is that it's not spelled "warrentee". No one expects perfect spelling or grammar on an internet forum, but I would say, it really undercuts your arguments about a warranty when you are spelling it incorrectly, over and over.
warranty...
Appreciate 1
tex26702412.50
      11-09-2018, 03:11 PM   #114
brettbmw
Private First Class
Rep

I never said grammar was my best subject. Hey we all make mistakes.Ive made good and bad purchases. No if spelling was my living ide be making 1.00 hr. Lol. Believe me guys my wife and I know she (we) made a bad purchase. With her 328. But they covered her timing chain ...She said she will keep a few more years then buy a newer bmw. She had the x1 as a loaner, that may be her next purchase.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2018, 04:09 PM   #115
Auditobimmer42
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auditobimmer42 View Post
Going through a similar situation.
Bought 2013 CPO back in Oct of 2017.
When I bought it, I was showed documentation that the warranty did not expire until July 2019, and still have the printout from their systems.

Luckily, I also inquired with BMW NA via emailing late 2017 and they told me that my car has the 6 years or 100,000 miles worth of coverage - so that is on record with BMW NA

I went in to get some stuff fixed to find out that it expired in July of 2018.

The dealership was ZERO help. Escalated to BMW NA. Going on three weeks of them figuring out what to do. Fortunately, BMW acknowledges that even they told me that the warrant does not expire until July 2019 and they accepted my documentation as valid.

Guess they simply cannot reapply a year of warranty to the car - according to BMW. So they are figuring out what to do.

It is somewhat of a big deal to me - as all that warranty was a nice incentive for me picking that car. I know the CPO warranties are not concrete but I have made good use of it thus far and was planning on getting some other things fixed.

Not sure what "rights" I have in this situation.

How would some of you guys approach this?

Update on my warranty issue -
BMW NA called me today to say the dealership will add an additional year of warranty on my vehicle. Just waiting for the dealership to call and give me the specific details. Now let's see how long that takes... Funny takeaway with my conversation with BMW NA was that the dealership is full of it. He explained how the dealership claimed they called me during this process and could not get hold of me - but the BMW rep says "I have had no problems calling you and leaving voicemails so not sure why they are having a hard time doing the same."

BMW NA explained that the dealership made an error processing my car when they sold it to me. I guess dealerships submit warranty information and such to BMW and somehow they messed up. What is interesting is the timeline - because it appears as if the warranty was removed well after I purchased the car. Natural reflex is to assume that something shady was going on but who knows. Just glad they are making it right.

I will update once I get more details on what this warranty entails
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2018, 04:19 PM   #116
brettbmw
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auditobimmer42 View Post
Update on my warranty issue -
BMW NA called me today to say the dealership will add an additional year of warranty on my vehicle. Just waiting for the dealership to call and give me the specific details. Now let's see how long that takes... Funny takeaway with my conversation with BMW NA was that the dealership is full of it. He explained how the dealership claimed they called me during this process and could not get hold of me - but the BMW rep says "I have had no problems calling you and leaving voicemails so not sure why they are having a hard time doing the same."

BMW NA explained that the dealership made an error processing my car when they sold it to me. I guess dealerships submit warranty information and such to BMW and somehow they messed up. What is interesting is the timeline - because it appears as if the warranty was removed well after I purchased the car. Natural reflex is to assume that something shady was going on but who knows. Just glad they are making it right.

I will update once I get more details on what this warranty entails
I'm glad things are coming together for u.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2018, 10:55 PM   #117
BigJack75
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 Dream Car

I thought everyone that owned a bmw was rich. Isn't this a rich mans car? If not I need to sell mine.
      11-09-2018, 10:59 PM   #118
BigJack75
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 Dream Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory View Post
OK need to speak up for the 1998 Ranger 3L V6 5MT 4X4. Modern cars should be as reliable.

Mine bought brand new for $15,000 on the nose in autumn 1997 is still running very well & still looks IMHO good despite living outdoors 24/7 for 20+ years. Never died on the road or in the woods.

11/9/2018

Out of Pocket
Did all maintenance out side of warranty myself.
One set of Spark Plugs
Two O2 sensors
One Fuel Pump
One A/C Compressor & Dryer.
4 U-Joints.
One Water Pump
One Alternator
2 Serpentine Belts
Once Clutch Plate, Pressure Plate, Throwout Bearing.

A few sets of all-terrain mud & snow tires & brakes. Normal usage on consumables like filters, coolant, oil etc.

Truck goes off-road when hunting. Pretty good for 200,000+ miles.
I've had good success in longevity with Asian vehicles. All you need to do is change the fluids once in while and replace worn out parts. This is nothing new. It is called maintenance.
      11-09-2018, 11:12 PM   #119
brettbmw
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack10525 View Post
I thought everyone that owned a bmw was rich. Isn't this a rich mans car? If not I need to sell mine.
Bmw is a car that anyone can own. When I was a kid, not so much..I was a product of the 70s....
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2018, 11:27 PM   #120
brettbmw
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack10525 View Post
I've had good success in longevity with Asian vehicles. All you need to do is change the fluids once in while and replace worn out parts. This is nothing new. It is called maintenance.
Actually on mine it was the mass air sensor...Ran fine after it was fixed.I wished ide have gotten 4whldrive as I live in the north. Truck was all over the road in snow. 2.0 automatic. 4.10 gears from factory.Wasnt the greatest on gas needed the 3.0.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2018, 11:52 PM   #121
brettbmw
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
No, most are not bozo to not do proper due diligence when pre-existing conditions are found on a car.

At least, the people who are actually paid over $375 prior to lunch (and deserve it) know that...as well as most of us bozos no matter what we make.

Furthermore, those who make over $375 prior to lunch also know to not let emotions get in the way when doing business.

Dude ide really appreciate it if you would stop the attacks on my wife and me.I stopped I wish you would....too..
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2018, 12:06 AM   #122
jh_f30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sportline Auto RWD

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Dude ide really appreciate it if you would stop the attacks on my wife and me.I stopped I wish you would....too..
You called us all on forum bozos.

That doesn't sound like anyone who has stopped attacks.

Furthermore, you called you and your wife bozos so I cannot be attacking as I am only repeating what you self labeled yourself and your wife.

Quote:
So I guess my wife's the fool (bozo) as she purchased the car, not i..

But I'll say we are ALL bozos on the same bus of life .. Only I admit it...will u guys????
Ok. Let's just let it go now shall we? OP had his issue resolved. Time to move on, no?
chiefneil771.50
      11-10-2018, 12:24 PM   #123
brettbmw
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh_f30 View Post
Ok. Let's just let it go now shall we? OP had his issue resolved. Time to move on, no?
Yes thank you ...
Appreciate 0