F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 9.0 HU discussion
Studio RSR

11-24-2019, 02:26 PM   #1233
twoface
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 316D

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurif20 View Post
I connected the rear cam 12v+ to the LED Button from the PDC Button on the mid console next to the gearshift.
Now the Led does not light up but when i switch in to reverse or press the pdc button my camera is turning on. In my case it doesnt matter if the Led is turning on or not in the mid console when pdc is activated
Why would you connect +12V to the LED? This would destroy the LED?
Or you meant that you connected camera detection wire to LED?

I have a question for those who experimented with Fastboot on this device. If I reboot into bootloader with adb, can I get out by rebooting the unit? I saw that someone was stuck in fastboot. Also is there a way of using the fastboot without messing with OTG resistor?

I'm experimenting with custom TWRP recovery for this unit so I want to know if I gonna screw myself by going into bootloader to boot TWRP.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2019, 02:53 PM   #1234
nurif20
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F20

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoface View Post

I have a question for those who experimented with Fastboot on this device. If I reboot into bootloader with adb, can I get out by rebooting the unit? I saw that someone was stuck in fastboot. Also is there a way of using the fastboot without messing with OTG resistor?

I'm experimenting with custom TWRP recovery for this unit so I want to know if I gonna screw myself by going into bootloader to boot TWRP.
Yes i meant the camera detection. 😁
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 01:13 AM   #1235
seaman5705
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoface View Post

I was stuck at fastboot and had no way to recover the unit . USB debugging was not enabled ,I could not find any OTG resistor, so I had no way to connect to the unit . I sent the unit to the vendor for repair.
Don't know if having USB debugging enabled will change anything . I've got stuck at fastboot by accident, after updating Magisk .
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 01:53 AM   #1236
seaman5705
Private First Class
Rep

antennas

Who knows which antenna connector is for what ? We have those 3 connectors in Snapdragon units .
In my unit only middle connector was connected to an antenna wire which seems to be for WIFI.
I wold like to improve 4G-LTE reception .
Maybe someone who opened their units and has some other antennas connected can give some details . I think Naviodm units come with 4G antenna too. Where is that 4G antenna connected ?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 04:01 AM   #1237
Shrazy
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergii View Post
I'm wondering why is cold start GPS is so slow in our units? (I have PX6 one).
I mean I cold start my android phone and gps works in 10 seconds.
Cold start HU and it need from 1 to 5 minutes to find satellites.
Why is so huge difference?

I also have a suspicion that it's software problem not hardware. Because I previously had an MTCB unit on previous car and similar problem was fixed by updating firmware.

I installed GPSlock as advised here. But it barely helps.

Any advice?
I have exactly the same problem and I think also it is a software problem because it reconnects much faster, when not cold booted.

Does someone has a solution for quicker gps fix? As said, I do not believe it is a hardware problem.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 04:30 AM   #1238
Frankly30
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrazy View Post
I have exactly the same problem and I think also it is a software problem because it reconnects much faster, when not cold booted.

Does someone has a solution for quicker gps fix? As said, I do not believe it is a hardware problem.
Have you tried this? https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roidlab.gpsfix

This may also work but requires you to have your Android rooted https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...n.GPSRepairFix
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 05:10 AM   #1239
Shrazy
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankly30 View Post
Have you tried this? https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roidlab.gpsfix

This may also work but requires you to have your Android rooted https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...n.GPSRepairFix
Dear Frankly30, yes I used the one without root and had no success. The one with root I couldn't tryo due to missing root. I am familar with rooting android smartphones, is there a guide to quickly root a px6 unit? one click root solution would be prefered.

Other solutions rather are welcome'd too.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 06:12 AM   #1240
cederron
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F33

Quote:
Dear Frankly30, yes I used the one without root and had no success. The one with root I couldn't tryo due to missing root. I am familar with rooting android smartphones, is there a guide to quickly root a px6 unit? one click root solution would be prefered.

Other solutions rather are welcome'd too.

Not a one click solution :

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=740

I haven't tried it personally though
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 08:19 AM   #1241
lehtee
Private
Rep
Drives: F20

Quote:

Another reason to have Snapdragon unit, instant GPS fix for me. I have the antenna mounted behind instrument cluster.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 08:47 AM   #1242
-pascal-
Rep
Drives: 1 series/F20 (2019)

I have a PX6 and no problems with GPS, but I use the BMW GPS antenna in the back of my car.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 08:57 AM   #1243
Shrazy
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by -pascal- View Post
I have a PX6 and no problems with GPS, but I use the BMW GPS antenna in the back of my car.
Yeah my car has no oem gps antenna this makes a difference of course. But somehow I need to fix this as this make me crazy. Beside this everything else is flawless i am really happy with da unit
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 10:21 AM   #1244
murzik
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 550ix

Is there a way to calibrate a compass? Waze goes crazy at every stop...
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 09:58 PM   #1245
Davidschu
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335i x-drive

A few days after I installed my new screen I've had random intermittent really bad distortion in my one drivers side door speaker. Randomly gets very loud and shitty sounding when a song has even minor base. Sometimes it gets really bad and sometimes I can drive the car for 30 minutes without it happening.

What are the chances I messed up a connection or the harness they gave me could be bad? Or is it possible that my speaker is going bad. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2019, 12:07 AM   #1246
seaman5705
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidschu View Post
A few days after I installed my new screen I've had random intermittent really bad distortion in my one drivers side door speaker. Randomly gets very loud and shitty sounding when a song has even minor base. Sometimes it gets really bad and sometimes I can drive the car for 30 minutes without it happening.

What are the chances I messed up a connection or the harness they gave me could be bad? Or is it possible that my speaker is going bad. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?
If you did not disconnect quad lock connectors after first install, and speaker worked fine before, there is small chance that fault comes from harness.
I would check the speaker itself.
But there is always a chance for a bad connection in chinese quad locks.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2019, 12:10 AM   #1247
-pascal-
Rep

I got a manual from seller for fixing the problem with noise in navigation voice. He means that the problem is the center speaker. Don't ask me why... I don't know.

Here is the URL for the download: https://gofile.io/?c=fVzPxV

Someone here who would like to try it?

For me cutting wires is the last option. I think it is a software bug. When I start music player, start navigation, close music player and open Deezer, navigation voice is normal without noise. If I don't start the music player there is a noise, no matter if Deezer is playing music oder radio.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2019, 03:30 AM   #1248
floc
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
2017 F87 M2  [0.00]
Quote:
I got a manual from seller for fixing the problem with noise in navigation voice. He means that the problem is the center speaker. Don't ask me why... I don't know.

Here is the URL for the download: https://gofile.io/?c=fVzPxV

Someone here who would like to try it?

For me cutting wires is the last option. I think it is a software bug. When I start music player, start navigation, close music player and open Deezer, navigation voice is normal without noise. If I don't start the music player there is a noise, no matter if Deezer is playing music oder radio.
they sent the same thing to me weeks ago. DO NOT DO IT. I did (not cutting, but tampering the connector so it's fully reversible) and ended up with the opposite scenario: your navigation will not talk until you start the original music app.

IT IS a software bug but they can't/wan't talk to people who developed the software to fix it, apparently. The original multimedia apps apparently starts a service that fix the audio routing. They didn't do it as a service, they did all embebdded in the app. Typical of chinese software developers hamsters.

Last edited by floc; 11-26-2019 at 03:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2019, 04:33 AM   #1249
Shrazy
Private
Rep

Does someone know how to get this speedometer it looks 1000 times better than stock one

It looks fantastic please if someone know how to get it guide us!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2019, 06:33 AM   #1250
daschacka
Private
Rep
Drives: M5Competition

Newest Update file for Snapdragon Units:
https://mega.nz/#!r8MCQITK!Gth6TXTg4...ZbXt5kEC08D5No
Appreciate 3
Mjam133.50
Stainy265.00
      11-26-2019, 06:57 AM   #1251
-pascal-
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by floc View Post
they sent the same thing to me weeks ago. DO NOT DO IT. I did (not cutting, but tampering the connector so it's fully reversible) and ended up with the opposite scenario: your navigation will not talk until you start the original music app.

IT IS a software bug but they can't/wan't talk to people who developed the software to fix it, apparently. The original multimedia apps apparently starts a service that fix the audio routing. They didn't do it as a service, they did all embebdded in the app. Typical of chinese software developers hamsters.
Thank you for the hint. I think also that it is a software bug. We can only wait for an update and must pray that it will fix the sound problem.

For the moment I will try a tasker/macro app which runs and closes automatically the default music player app when head unit starts. Maybe a root access is necessary for that.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2019, 07:17 AM   #1252
floc
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
2017 F87 M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by daschacka View Post
thanks. I'll try as soon as I can. Any particular improvement?

Quote:
Thank you for the hint. I think also that it is a software bug. We can only wait for an update and must pray that it will fix the sound problem.

For the moment I will try a tasker/macro app which runs and closes automatically the default music player app when head unit starts. Maybe a root access is necessary for that.
I'm doing the same from the start. I'm currently rooted but is not strictly necessary for that.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2019, 07:19 AM   #1253
Stainy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435d Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by daschacka View Post
Any changelog or similar?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2019, 07:21 AM   #1254
RaceX58
Rep
Drives: BMW F20

Lightbulb RaceX Dimming Service v1.11

Hey guys,

I'm back with a new version of my dimming application.

List of features :

- Android service. The app will start an Android service so it can control the brightness whenever the UI is not displayed
- Day/Night mode brightness
- Steering wheel control support
- Automatic brightness switch (sunrise/sunset) based on time and location
- Display main UI on startup. You can choose to display the main interface at startup
- Configurable presets (thanks to Shrazy for the idea
- Idrive knob integration. You can use the Idrive knob to select and activate a preset

Considerations :

- It has been designed for my PX6 Android 8.1. I have no guarantee it will work on Snapdragon or Android 9 units.
- The steering wheel controls will NOT work fine if you start the default music app. I'm using the steering wheel scroll wheel to adjust the dimming, so if the default music app has been started it will also change the current playing track...
- I can't guarantee the serial port used by your unit will be the same number than mine. I can add a config menu in the future.

Using the steering wheel scroll button :

- Increase the dimming by scrolling up the wheel scroll button
- Decrease the dimming by scrolling down the wheel scroll button
- Switch day/night mode by clicking the wheel scroll button

Using Broadcast Intent :

I added a broadcast intent so you can control the dimming using you own application (or Tasker, Automate, etc...)
The action string is :

Code:
ovh.msinfo.RACEX_DIMMING_ACTION
There are 2 extras :
Code:
Name --> ovh.msinfo.RACEX_DIMMING_EXTRA_PERCENT
Type --> Integer
Values --> 0-100
Code:
Name --> ovh.msinfo.RACEX_DIMMING_EXTRA_DAY_NIGHT
Type --> Integer
Values --> 1
What next ?

I have some work to do on the design of the interface. I'm not very good when it comes to create interfaces. If you have any ideas please let me know.

Donate :

If you wish you can make me a donation : https://www.paypal.me/racex58

Download link :

RaceX Dimming Service v1.11

RaceX58
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
Kri1083.50
RedErik1023.50
Shrazy12.00
Stainy265.00