F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > n2O only starts with the fuel volume sensor unplugged
Extreme Powerhouse

01-02-2024, 09:04 PM   #1
jimmyhgr
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328i

hello. I have a 2013 528i. N20 engine. The car only starts for 1 second and then turns off. After several tests (compression test, pass. timing chain check, pass. valtronic motor. pass) I have only managed to keep the car on if the gas volume sensor socket is disconnected. I tested with another hpfp and the result was the same. I don't have codes related to timing or fuel. Before arriving at me, the vehicle went through a BMW dealer and they did an update to the ECM. my question why can the vehicle stay on perfectly if the fuel volume sensor is disconnected? Can someone enlighten me before parts. thank you.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2024, 11:46 AM   #2
jimmyhgr
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328i

Well, no one really responded in more than a week. I have my doubts about this forum. anyway . I want to leave here what the solution was in case someone who has the same thing happens to them can try to repair their car. When testing the pressure of the electric pump (in the gas tank) it remained approximately 3 psi at idle and according to what I could find it should be around 6 psi. So we removed the pump and found a lot of dirt in the gas tank. We removed the tank and cleaned it. We reinstalled it and installed a new lifter pump. Now we found a pressure of around 6 psi but the car still didn't start easily. We replaced the hpfp again and this corrected the entire problem. Now the car starts and runs perfectly. I hope this can help someone who is looking for a similar problem. The problem corrected was that the car would not stay on. It only lasted for seconds and out of nowhere it went off. I didn't have any code. luck.
Appreciate 1
sspade2466.00