F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > New climate study out of Finland
European Auto Source (EAS)
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-24-2019, 11:05 AM   #89
Run Silent
Run Deep
Run Silent's Avatar
United_States
12346
Rep
3,433
Posts

Drives: Back and Forth To Work
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Mountains

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Not surprised at all to get a post like this from you. Just without any thought put ino it.

Criticism is not mocking ones mental illness (how do you even do that anyway?) or their future happiness as ther POTUS alluded to.
Unless I missed something, I don't think Trump was mocking her mental illness. I believe he was just mocking the fact that she was all doom and gloom regarding what she was being told to say, instead of being a child enjoying childhood.

Not saying what Trump did was right, but just saying I don't think he was mocking her disability - at least not on purpose.

On a side note - there is now a photo of her and her parents all wearing ANTIFA shirts, so you know - she and her folks are fucking nutbags and terrorist supporters. I'm not opposed to going after a 16yo who supports terrorists - and make no mistake, ANTIFA is without a doubt, a terrorist organization.


__________________
Don't sweat petty things....or pet sweaty things.
Appreciate 7
Now_Rudi6319.00
DonaldPump6083.00
City Pig6102.00
MKSixer15580.50
arkie6348.00
Poiseuille3164.00

      09-24-2019, 11:15 AM   #90
minn19
Major General
minn19's Avatar
United_States
5927
Rep
6,515
Posts

Drives: 19 F150, 19 M550 19 ZL1 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Unless I missed something, I don't think Trump was mocking her mental illness. I believe he was just mocking the fact that she was all doom and gloom regarding what she was being told to say, instead of being a child enjoying childhood.

Not saying what Trump did was right, but just saying I don't think he was mocking her disability - at least not on purpose.

On a side note - there is now a photo of her and her parents all wearing ANTIFA shirts, so you know - she and her folks are fucking nutbags and terrorist supporters. I'm not opposed to going after a 16yo who supports terrorists - and make no mistake, ANTIFA is without a doubt, a terrorist organization.


A different subject (antifa/proud boys etc). He was a mocking a kid that has a known disability. Trump is already known as a classass asshole so I guess why not go all the way I suppose. There is no defense to what he said.

If you want to go after her parents/handlers, I fully understand that even if I don't agree with it. I never will understand using kids in politics or going after them in any way.

Since we are on the subject, if I was a high ranking politician/POTUS my family wouldn't even be at rallies etc with me. I don't get the risk/benefit analysis. Whatever weird political bump politicians get by parading their supposed perfect families around wouldn't be worth the risk of exposing them to nutbags (on all sides) that want to kill me and them. Thankfully I'll never be in that position so a non worry, but you get my point.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 11:16 AM   #91
pennsiveguy
First Lieutenant
pennsiveguy's Avatar
United_States
657
Rep
369
Posts

Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Edina, MN

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
AIDS was a manufactured crisis and we aren't having problems with too much population/too few resources in many areas of the world? News to me.
Early on, AIDS cases were limited to a couple of small well-defined populations, yet the media cast it as the next Bubonic plague and consistently got the facts wrong.

Yes, there are places where there's a shortage of one or more resources. There always have been and always will be; it's the human condition. It's not, however, news...and certainly not a crisis threatening the human race.
__________________
2017 F15 xDrive50i M Sport | Superformance GT40 Roush 511 IR FE | 2006 Ford GT
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 11:16 AM   #92
Run Silent
Run Deep
Run Silent's Avatar
United_States
12346
Rep
3,433
Posts

Drives: Back and Forth To Work
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Mountains

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
A different subject (antifa/proud boys etc). He was a mocking a kid that has a known disability. Trump is already known as a classass asshole so I guess why not go all the way I suppose. There is no defense to what he said.

If you want to go after her parents/handlers, I fully understand that even if I don't agree with it. I never will understand using kids in politics or going after them in any way.

Since we are on the subject, if I was a high ranking politician/POTUS my family wouldn't even be at rallies etc with me. I don't get the risk/benefit analysis. Whatever weird political bump politicians get by parading their supposed perfect families around wouldn't be worth the risk of exposing them to nutbags (on all sides) that want to kill me and them. Thankfully I'll never be in that position so a non worry, but you get my point.
Yep - I 100% agree with everything you said, other than the fact that I honestly don't think he knew she had a disability.

Heck, I didn't know about it till it was brought up in this thread.
__________________
Don't sweat petty things....or pet sweaty things.
Appreciate 4
minn195927.00
City Pig6102.00
lakefront193.00

      09-24-2019, 11:17 AM   #93
minn19
Major General
minn19's Avatar
United_States
5927
Rep
6,515
Posts

Drives: 19 F150, 19 M550 19 ZL1 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
Early on, AIDS cases were limited to a couple of small well-defined populations, yet the media cast it as the next Bubonic plague and consistently got the facts wrong.

Yes, there are places where there's a shortage of one or more resources. There always have been and always will be; it's the human condition. It's not, however, news...and certainly not a crisis threatening the human race.
Different topics for different threads, but we will just have to disagree on these ones for now.
Appreciate 2
Run Silent12345.50

      09-24-2019, 11:20 AM   #94
Eriphill
Captain
1149
Rep
911
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Down by the sea

iTrader: (0)

Guaranteed they chose to use this girl as a tool to push their agenda BECAUSE of her disability so if anyone criticizes her they could point and cry 'she's just a child who has a disability you awful person. How dare you question her?'. And judging from the posts here the sheep always fall for it. Always.
Appreciate 3
      09-24-2019, 11:20 AM   #95
minn19
Major General
minn19's Avatar
United_States
5927
Rep
6,515
Posts

Drives: 19 F150, 19 M550 19 ZL1 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Yep - I 100% agree with everything you said, other than the fact that I honestly don't think he knew she had a disability.

Heck, I didn't know about it till it was brought up in this thread.
You I understand not knowing, but POTUS?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that he doesn't know hardly any thing about issues he is supposed to.

Kidding aside this is why a freewheeling Trump is his own enemy and should at least listen a little bit to some of his advisors. But, he loves it, live by it/die by it is his way.
Appreciate 1
Run Silent12345.50

      09-24-2019, 11:23 AM   #96
Run Silent
Run Deep
Run Silent's Avatar
United_States
12346
Rep
3,433
Posts

Drives: Back and Forth To Work
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Mountains

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
Yes, there are places where there's a shortage of one or more resources. There always have been and always will be; it's the human condition. It's not, however, news...and certainly not a crisis threatening the human race.
You are simply flat out wrong. It may not be a crisis here in the USA, but abroad it is a serious problem. Case in point - in the country my wife is from, 1 out of every 4 people alive in that country have AIDS. The average life expectancy in her home country in 1980 was 71yo. Today it is 49yo - one of the lowest on earth. 81% of every patient in a hospital in her country has AIDS. Bordering countries are fairing no better. It is estimated that AIDS will nearly half the population of that portion of her home continent by 2030. It is a massive problem.


Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Different topics for different threads, but we will just have to disagree on these ones for now.
^ This. He has no idea what he is talking about.
__________________
Don't sweat petty things....or pet sweaty things.
Appreciate 1
minn195927.00

      09-24-2019, 11:24 AM   #97
Run Silent
Run Deep
Run Silent's Avatar
United_States
12346
Rep
3,433
Posts

Drives: Back and Forth To Work
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Mountains

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
You I understand not knowing, but POTUS?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that he doesn't know hardly any thing about issues he is supposed to.

Kidding aside this is why a freewheeling Trump is his own enemy and should at least listen a little bit to some of his advisors. But, he loves it, live by it/die by it is his way.
You're giving him too much credit. Many of his policies may be good in my opinion, but he is a freaking moron. I doubt he knew - he is that dumb.
__________________
Don't sweat petty things....or pet sweaty things.
Appreciate 2
minn195927.00
City Pig6102.00

      09-24-2019, 11:27 AM   #98
minn19
Major General
minn19's Avatar
United_States
5927
Rep
6,515
Posts

Drives: 19 F150, 19 M550 19 ZL1 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriphill View Post
Guaranteed they chose to use this girl as a tool to push their agenda BECAUSE of her disability so if anyone criticizes her they could point and cry 'she's just a child who has a disability you awful person. How dare you question her?'. And judging from the posts here the sheep always fall for it. Always.
Everyone is always so confident they are not the sheep.....................
Appreciate 1
Run Silent12345.50

      09-24-2019, 11:33 AM   #99
NormanConquest
Colonel
1508
Rep
2,344
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Not surprised at all to get a post like this from you. Just without any thought put ino it.

Criticism is not mocking ones mental illness (how do you even do that anyway?) or their future happiness as ther POTUS alluded to.
Mocking is perfectly acceptable as it a method to inform someone of their flaw and how they should correct it or not over extend their ability. It like myself saying I demand to be in the Olympics team despite being completely out of shape and someone then telling me to stfu fat f. I won't be insulted I'll be you know what your right i am a fat f and i shouldn't bring the entire usa Olympics team down base on my delusional wants and if I'm serious about doing it then i have to put work and effort into actually achieving that goal.

Society will continue sinking into the toilet as long as people are afraid to do justifiable critism of other due to fear of offending

Ps
15 year old bs used as a tool for rally people into a war

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nayirah_testimony

Last edited by NormanConquest; 09-24-2019 at 11:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 11:38 AM   #100
minn19
Major General
minn19's Avatar
United_States
5927
Rep
6,515
Posts

Drives: 19 F150, 19 M550 19 ZL1 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
Mocking is perfectly acceptable as it a method to inform someone of their flaw and how they should correct it or not over extend their ability. It like myself saying I demand to be in the Olympics team despite being completely out of shape and someone then telling me to stfu fat f. I won't be insulted I'll be you know what your right i am a fat f and i shouldn't bring the entire usa Olympics team down base on my delusional wants and if I'm serious about doing it then i have to put work and effort into actually achieving that goal.

Society will continue sinking into the toilet as long as people are afraid to do justifiable critism of other due to fear of offending

Ps
15 year old bs used as a total for rally people into a war

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nayirah_testimony
Yes this is how we and POTUS should act etc with anyone/everyone in all situations. That is how a good society should run

Refer to my previous response to you.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 11:46 AM   #101
Zugzwang
Colonel
Canada
1155
Rep
2,597
Posts

Drives: 2018 x35d M-Sport + 2013 X-35d
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poiseuille View Post
.
She has asperger’s syndrome.

Asperger syndrome is an autism spectrum disorder (ASD) considered to be on the “high functioning” end of the spectrum. Affected children and adults have difficulty with social interactions and exhibit a restricted range of interests and/or repetitive behaviors.

This isnt slander. Im just saying.

Difficulty with social interactions.... restricted range of interests.

Take her positions with a grain of salt people. She may not understand the whole spectrum of what she is standing for.
Appreciate 2
Run Silent12345.50
City Pig6102.00

      09-24-2019, 11:49 AM   #102
Poiseuille
Colonel
Poiseuille's Avatar
United_States
3164
Rep
2,668
Posts

Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Princeton

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
So what does that make you guys along with the President you support mocking a 17 year old kid with an apparent developmental disorder?

Real classy and just like what you guys always criticize the left for doing/attacking the person and not the idea/substance. Such is the way for all corners of society today.
sucks when the sanctimonious virtue signaling doesn't work, eh?
Appreciate 2
      09-24-2019, 12:01 PM   #103
minn19
Major General
minn19's Avatar
United_States
5927
Rep
6,515
Posts

Drives: 19 F150, 19 M550 19 ZL1 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poiseuille View Post
sucks when the sanctimonious virtue signaling doesn't work, eh?
Also not surprised you are missing the point.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 12:18 PM   #104
NormanConquest
Colonel
1508
Rep
2,344
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Yes this is how we and POTUS should act etc with anyone/everyone in all situations. That is how a good society should run

Refer to my previous response to you.
Assume postive intent but demand facts and data.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 12:27 PM   #105
kent11202
Captain
United_States
485
Rep
869
Posts

Drives: 2013 328i
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zugzwang View Post
She has asperger’s syndrome.

Asperger syndrome is an autism spectrum disorder (ASD) considered to be on the “high functioning” end of the spectrum. Affected children and adults have difficulty with social interactions and exhibit a restricted range of interests and/or repetitive behaviors.

This isnt slander. Im just saying.

Difficulty with social interactions.... restricted range of interests.

Take her positions with a grain of salt people. She may not understand the whole spectrum of what she is standing for.
I fully agree. I will say, however, when I saw her in action the first thing I thought was she has a screw loose for sure. I did NOT think she had any type of emotional disorder, just another loose cannon. Now that I know the full picture, I think she did a good job all things considered (I don't agree but she did better than many others not burdened with a similar problem)

I also feel that anyone not knowing her "condition" might easily reach the conclusion she's not wrapped too tight and, as such, they should be given a "pass" on any of their comments PROVIDED they step up and say they were wrong and meant no harm.

A man never stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child.....
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 12:30 PM   #106
pennsiveguy
First Lieutenant
pennsiveguy's Avatar
United_States
657
Rep
369
Posts

Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Edina, MN

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
You are simply flat out wrong. It may not be a crisis here in the USA, but abroad it is a serious problem. Case in point - in the country my wife is from, 1 out of every 4 people alive in that country have AIDS. The average life expectancy in her home country in 1980 was 71yo. Today it is 49yo - one of the lowest on earth. 81% of every patient in a hospital in her country has AIDS. Bordering countries are fairing no better. It is estimated that AIDS will nearly half the population of that portion of her home continent by 2030. It is a massive problem.




^ This. He has no idea what he is talking about.
Nice strawman argument. I asserted that it's not an existential crisis for the human race. The World Bank agrees with me. The earth's population has doubled in the last 35 years and there's been not a single interruption in the growth trend in the last 60 years.
https://www.google.com/publicdata/ex...tl&hl=en&dl=en
__________________
2017 F15 xDrive50i M Sport | Superformance GT40 Roush 511 IR FE | 2006 Ford GT
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 12:32 PM   #107
minn19
Major General
minn19's Avatar
United_States
5927
Rep
6,515
Posts

Drives: 19 F150, 19 M550 19 ZL1 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000cs View Post
\

I don’t support mockery or ad homina going in any direction (left or right).

Set aside the disability (which I didn’t realize until reading it last evening), and she seems to be the perfect tool for the climate change and government solutions crowd. Young, passionate, outspoken. But to me she just appears to be an ill-informed and somewhat disrespectful child, being egged on by those who want a child spokesperson. More noise than substance in her comments (I admit to only watching/reading snippets).

I wonder if there could be a spokeschild for the other side of this argument, an Alex P Keaton, who could talk about the economic consequences for todays kids if we destroy the world economies to fix a problem that (a) we might not be able to fix, or (b) isn’t a real problem.
Well at least some Republicans are starting to propose some actual ideas to deal with climate change while not destroying the world economies.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/one-rep...al-11555333829

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/03/repu...-new-deal.html

It could be like how the space program/Apollo essentially helped create the silicon valley we know today.

https://www.marketplace.org/2019/07/...ilicon-valley/

But, far too many Republicans would like to stick with coal/oil for whatever reason and watch the US fall behind the rest of the world. Why not explore options for both and if done right it actually could fuel a whole new sector of the economy such as how Apollo did for the US/silicon valley.

I'm seriously at a loss as to why this can't even be discussed by the majority of Republicans/Righties.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 01:23 PM   #108
Run Silent
Run Deep
Run Silent's Avatar
United_States
12346
Rep
3,433
Posts

Drives: Back and Forth To Work
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Mountains

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
Nice strawman argument. I asserted that it's not an existential crisis for the human race. The World Bank agrees with me. The earth's population has doubled in the last 35 years and there's been not a single interruption in the growth trend in the last 60 years.
https://www.google.com/publicdata/ex...tl&hl=en&dl=en
Not a straw man argument. A fact. AIDS is the number 3 cause of death in low income countries world wide. It is the number 2 cause of death if you count AIDS related diseases. It is a major problem, irrespective of whether or not Chinese and Indian people are having enough children to replace those who die in other countries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Well at least some Republicans are starting to propose some actual ideas to deal with climate change while not destroying the world economies.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/one-rep...al-11555333829

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/03/repu...-new-deal.html

It could be like how the space program/Apollo essentially helped create the silicon valley we know today.

https://www.marketplace.org/2019/07/...ilicon-valley/

But, far too many Republicans would like to stick with coal/oil for whatever reason and watch the US fall behind the rest of the world. Why not explore options for both and if done right it actually could fuel a whole new sector of the economy such as how Apollo did for the US/silicon valley.

I'm seriously at a loss as to why this can't even be discussed by the majority of Republicans/Righties.
I work in the coal industry. It isn't a republican problem - it is a Dem & Repub problem. It's hard for the Republicans to be willing to consider alternative energy sources when the Democrats make ridiculous claims like the Green New Deal and when every single Democrat running for President wants to completely eliminate coal mining and coal producing power plants, which will put millions out of work and triple energy costs, causing the deaths of thousands.

I agree that coal isn't a green energy source when compared to wind, solar, and the like - the problem is that those cannot produce the energy needs for the USA, and the green energy programs that can work, such as hydro and nuclear, are forbidden by all the current Democrat politicians.

We need to systematically work to increase the ability of hydro and nuclear power in the interim to offset the slow but methodical closing of coal plants, while looking at ways to increase the efficiency and lower the cost of wind and solar.

Until both sides are willing to make slow, gradual, common sense changes - nothing will change.

It isn't a left or right problem, it's a problem of government in general that wants to grandstand to the respective bases rather than come together and make real progress and solutions come to fruition.
__________________
Don't sweat petty things....or pet sweaty things.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 01:40 PM   #109
Zugzwang
Colonel
Canada
1155
Rep
2,597
Posts

Drives: 2018 x35d M-Sport + 2013 X-35d
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Todays modern day coal plants are clean clean clean. Thanks to “scrubbers” todays stacks push out steam for the most part. Unless you study and learn about the industry i wouldnt go about spitting cut and paste news articles.

Said it a million times. Go take the fight to china and india. China spits out more pollution than all of north america combined. Our tech is the cleanest in the world. The fight is in countries where environmental standards dont exist.
Appreciate 1
      09-24-2019, 01:57 PM   #110
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
15581
Rep
7,552
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
AIDS was a manufactured crisis and we aren't having problems with too much population/too few resources in many areas of the world? News to me.
You are correct about AIDS. It was not a manufactured crisis but rather a sensationalized and politicized crisis.

On too much population and too few resources, this is a fallacy. Everyone in the world could live in the state of Texas and still live with much less of a population density than Tokyo, NYC and many other population centers of the world. Resources are even easier...there is a resource DISTRIBUTION problem not a production problem. They pay people to NOT grow food in this country. All of the food for the entire world could be produced in California, the Mid-West, and the South with no problem.

The entire overpopulation problem is a red-herring for more control. Look how that's worked out in China.
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:16 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST