F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > Splash shield/under front bumper
Extreme Powerhouse

09-02-2019, 08:35 AM   #1
heirsaintbimmer
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Splash shield/under front bumper

Does anyone know a good front bumper protector? I pulled up to close to a curb and ended up scraping the bottom pretty bad and ripping the splash shield off, luckily autozone had push screws that worked like magic.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 10:58 AM   #2
FIDDYgg
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i X-Drive

This might be what you're after?

https://sliplo.com/
      09-02-2019, 11:13 AM   #3
heirsaintbimmer
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIDDYgg View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIDDYgg View Post

yes! it's perfect i appreciate you!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 11:17 AM   #4
FIDDYgg
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by heirsaintbimmer View Post
yes! it's perfect i appreciate you!
No problem, I just saw a video on this product the other day so it was fresh in the memory bank
      09-02-2019, 03:05 PM   #5
rlmesq
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i M Sport

I've had a couple these on my F32. They need to be painted because the black polyurethane gets sub bleached and ugly... but they're less than a hundred bucks on eBay, so I just replace them when front edge gets chewed up.

You can do interim repairs with a little bit of JB Weld putty and some touch up paint.

I can't imagine paying hundreds of bucks for a nice carbon fiber lip and tearing it up the first time I used a driveway with a bad transition.

The new Corvette has an optional GPS based lift system that raises the front end four inches. You can specify up to 2,000 locations where it's triggered (only when you're driving at low speeds.)
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 06:41 PM   #6
heirsaintbimmer
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmesq View Post
I've had a couple these on my F32. They need to be painted because the black polyurethane gets sub bleached and ugly... but they're less than a hundred bucks on eBay, so I just replace them when front edge gets chewed up.

You can do interim repairs with a little bit of JB Weld putty and some touch up paint.

I can't imagine paying hundreds of bucks for a nice carbon fiber lip and tearing it up the first time I used a driveway with a bad transition.

The new Corvette has an optional GPS based lift system that raises the front end four inches. You can specify up to 2,000 locations where it's triggered (only when you're driving at low speeds.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmesq View Post

[IMG]https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/RyAAA...TG/s-l1600.jpg[/IMG]

i'd definitely mess the carbon fiber up on my driveway alone😭, thanks for the option!
Appreciate 0