F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Time to book your Mexico vacations....
Extreme Powerhouse

11-05-2019, 01:48 PM   #45
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
FYI: The group is FLDS. Not condoning violence agaionst them, but they are a strange bunch.
      11-05-2019, 01:48 PM   #46
N54Yankee
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by liebetrau88 View Post
Breaking news....with no link. Solid.
Do your own work. You donít believe, I donít care.
"The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.Ē Samuel Adams
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 01:53 PM   #47
NickyC
Major General
Rep
Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(

Just think, if everybody was strong enough to deal with the harshness of life we wouldn't have drug addicts/abusers, and there would be no reason at all for the Cartels to exist. But since they're not, and never will be, legalize the shit because you're never going to stop it. A drug war is 100% unwinnable, it's a massive waste of money, lives, and incarcerating many people for long terms who are otherwise non violent and no threat to others besides themselves.

Legalize it all, tax it all, and use that tax money 100% to fund healthcare programs. The weak are going to kill themselves anyway while life passes them by in some drug induced stupor, it's long past time the rest of us should continue feeling unsafe and at risk due to their degeneracy.
Appreciate 6
ShakyDog134.50
xander_g712.50
Delta03117353.50
tuco44604.50
lab_rat208.00

11-05-2019, 02:25 PM   #48
liebetrau88
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
Do your own work. You donít believe, I donít care.

Solid argument. I applaud your citations.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 11:24 AM   #49
Poiseuille
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

"Walls? You doan need no stinking walls.."
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
UncleWede8098.00

11-06-2019, 12:05 PM   #50
cmyx6go
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X6 ///M

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [0.00]
I was goggling regarding US citizens living in Mexico. It seems the Mormon settlements in Mexico go back to the late 1800s. Mexico has the largest Mormon population outside the USA. It boggles my brain why US citizens would want to live in Mexico. I just read a bunch of articles about what went down. So tragic.

11-06-2019, 12:50 PM   #51
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
I was goggling regarding US citizens living in Mexico. It seems the Mormon settlements in Mexico go back to the late 1800s. Mexico has the largest Mormon population outside the USA. It boggles my brain why US citizens would want to live in Mexico. I just read a bunch of articles about what went down. So tragic.
They've been there because the Mormon church, and of course the US, outlawed polygamy. These people are hard-core FLDS. Obviously I feel bad for the family that was shot up, but I also feel sorry for any kids to be raised by FLDS parents.
      11-06-2019, 01:15 PM   #52
Now_Rudi
Soy un perdedor
Rep
Drives: Flaming stock car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
They've been there because the Mormon church, and of course the US, outlawed polygamy. These people are hard-core FLDS. Obviously I feel bad for the family that was shot up, but I also feel sorry for any kids to be raised by FLDS parents.
No disrespect intended, but the kids that I know, who are mormon are well taken care of. Most are well educated, intelligent, talented and well spoken. I don't agree with their beliefs, but I am sure that there are children in Mexico, as well as other places, that would trade places with them in an instant. Just because we don't agree with their beliefs, doesn't mean the kids are abused or neglected.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 01:17 PM   #53
xander_g
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92/F10

Garage List
2014 BMW 535xi  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Maybe a case of mistaken identity? I highly doubt that someone targeted that group of mormons on purpose.

I travel to cabo very often and there are a lot of american retirees living there with no problems. Personally, i've never had any problems in cabo, cancun, or anywhere else in mexico and i like to explore on my own. The risk of something happening is definitely higher but having some spatial and situational awareness as well common sense will be enough to keep one out of trouble.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 01:24 PM   #54
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
No disrespect intended, but the kids that I know, who are mormon are well taken care of. Most are well educated, intelligent, talented and well spoken. I don't agree with their beliefs, but I am sure that there are children in Mexico, as well as other places, that would trade places with them in an instant. Just because we don't agree with their beliefs, doesn't mean the kids are abused or neglected.
Though I'm no mormon fan, there is a very fundemental difference between FLDS and the regular Mormon church. Google "Warren Jeffs" to see what the FLDS people are like.
      11-06-2019, 01:25 PM   #55
DieselDiner
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
Sigh: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...on-family.html
      11-06-2019, 01:26 PM   #56
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander_g View Post
Maybe a case of mistaken identity? I highly doubt that someone targeted that group of mormons on purpose.

I travel to cabo very often and there are a lot of american retirees living there with no problems. Personally, i've never had any problems in cabo, cancun, or anywhere else in mexico and i like to explore on my own. The risk of something happening is definitely higher but having some spatial and situational awareness as well common sense will be enough to keep one out of trouble.
So many people say things like this - as if it isn't an issue because they never had an issue. I travel to Africa all the time and have never had an issue. That doesn't mean it is a super safe destination.

Is a person "likely" to have an issue when visiting Mexico on vacation? Probably not. But to say that common sense is enough to stay out of trouble when it has been documented that Mexico is now more dangerous as a country on the whole than any other country on earth except for Syria, well = that says a lot, now doesn't it?

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...iolent-country

https://www.cnn.com/2017/05/09/ameri...016/index.html
      11-06-2019, 01:29 PM   #57
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by other_evolved View Post
75 murders out of 31,000,000 visitors? Thats effectively the same odds of dying in a plane crash on the way to Mexico. One is more likely to be murdered here than in MX, as well.
Um, no. You are more likely to be the victim of violent crime in Mexico than anywhere else in the world beside the active war zone in Syria.

Let that sink in a moment.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...iolent-country

https://www.cnn.com/2017/05/09/ameri...016/index.html
      11-06-2019, 01:36 PM   #58
grocerylist
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Garage List
2016 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander_g View Post

It's unlikely it was a case of mistaken identity.

The Mormons in Mexico and Cartels have basically been at war for quite some time.

Appreciate 1
lab_rat208.00

11-06-2019, 01:46 PM   #59
grocerylist
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Garage List
2016 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
I have a good friend who lives in Mexico for almost 20 years. He lives in Mexico City. Buh he and his wife are professions. I am guessing he is the 95% income bracket. His family has been affected by crime.

He would move but he has $$$$$ tied up in a new house in Mex City. He said he is pretty save bc of the location and upper class 'hood. But he has told me that the country is going down hill fast. I do expect him to leave in the future.

"Visitors" visit the safer resorts. The crime rates in the U.S. are the same as U.S. bc of the Liberal controlled cess pool cities. But you would have a significant chance of being killed driving through Mex.
Mexico City is generally a safe city, more so than many large cities in the US. There's always a risk of petty theft in large cities everywhere in the world. Violent crime in Mexico City is no more likely than most places in the US. Just like when traveling anywhere, be aware of your surroundings, don't wear flashy watches/jewelry, don't get wasted randomly wandering the streets at night, know where you're going and you'll be fine.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 01:46 PM   #60
Now_Rudi
Soy un perdedor
Rep
Drives: Flaming stock car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
Though I'm no mormon fan, there is a very fundemental difference between FLDS and the regular Mormon church. Google "Warren Jeffs" to see what the FLDS people are like.
I can see the point in your statement in the event that all FLDS members are this way.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 01:52 PM   #61
liebetrau88
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDiner View Post
Precisely, N54Yankee's breaking news has no credibility. Every article posted thus far has said it was a case of mistaken identity. Although the perp had hostages, they weren't related to the LeBaron family. And, on top of that, DailyMail is a tabloid....
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 05:17 PM   #62
adc100
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by grocerylist View Post
Mexico City is generally a safe city, more so than many large cities in the US. There's always a risk of petty theft in large cities everywhere in the world. Violent crime in Mexico City is no more likely than most places in the US. Just like when traveling anywhere, be aware of your surroundings, don't wear flashy watches/jewelry, don't get wasted randomly wandering the streets at night, know where you're going and you'll be fine.
I agree with the city thing. But in Mexico their cities are as safe and in some cases safer than in the U.S. The difference is venturing outside the cities ant tourist traps.

Example what happened the other day.

Again..never been there. Just what my friend says.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 09:20 PM   #63
N54Yankee
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Precisely, N54Yankee's breaking news has no credibility. Every article posted thus far has said it was a case of mistaken identity. Although the perp had hostages, they weren't related to the LeBaron family. And, on top of that, DailyMail is a tabloid....
Every article, ey?
I didn’t use daily mail as my reference.
You should expand your news gathering horizons and look past the liberal mantra fed to you by the usual suspect news outlets you’re gobbling up. There’s truth to be found outside your narrow views.
Not to mention, it’s clear to anyone who actually knows this was not a mistaken identity, caught in a crossfire or whatever made by cartel guys with guns but an flat out organized hit. Many in law enforcement on the news are saying it if you choose to listen or you could just try using common sense.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ra/4175548002/
"The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.Ē Samuel Adams

Last edited by N54Yankee; 11-06-2019 at 11:08 PM..
Appreciate 1
      11-07-2019, 12:10 AM   #64
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

The Mexican-based Mormons make some hard core (get it?) cheeses!!! Forget muling on cocaine, my extended family brings keys of cheese!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 09:43 AM   #65
liebetrau88
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
Every article, ey?
I didnít use daily mail as my reference.
You should expand your news gathering horizons and look past the liberal mantra fed to you by the usual suspect news outlets youíre gobbling up. Thereís truth to be found outside your narrow views.
Not to mention, itís clear to anyone who actually knows this was not a mistaken identity, caught in a crossfire or whatever made by cartel guys with guns but an flat out organized hit. Many in law enforcement on the news are saying it if you choose to listen or you could just try using common sense.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ra/4175548002/
Every article posted thus far, which the article you just linked to, hadn't been posted. And I know you didn't use daily mail as your reference, because you posted no reference, which was the initial reason I said something.

You have no knowledge of my views on topics or where I gather my information. You immediately act like a child and claim that I have narrow views. The article you posted, has one person without distinct knowledge of what actually happened, claiming that criminal organizations "may" have attacked them as retaliation.

And if it's so clear to anyone who actually knows, then why does every single official state that it was more than likely a case of mistaken identity?

In the end, I truly don't care whether or not it was mistaken identity, or a cartel hit. The problem to be addressed is you needing to garner attention from the internet community by being the guy to spread "breaking news". You preach researching and using common sense, but refuse to post your sources of this "breaking news" thus, not allowing the others to make their own judgement and forcing them to believe yours. Hop off of your high horse for once.
Appreciate 1
      11-07-2019, 10:33 AM   #66
N54Yankee
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Every article posted thus far, which the article you just linked to, hadn't been posted. And I know you didn't use daily mail as your reference, because you posted no reference, which was the initial reason I said something.

You have no knowledge of my views on topics or where I gather my information. You immediately act like a child and claim that I have narrow views. The article you posted, has one person without distinct knowledge of what actually happened, claiming that criminal organizations "may" have attacked them as retaliation.

And if it's so clear to anyone who actually knows, then why does every single official state that it was more than likely a case of mistaken identity?

In the end, I truly don't care whether or not it was mistaken identity, or a cartel hit. The problem to be addressed is you needing to garner attention from the internet community by being the guy to spread "breaking news". You preach researching and using common sense, but refuse to post your sources of this "breaking news" thus, not allowing the others to make their own judgement and forcing them to believe yours. Hop off of your high horse for once.
I’m not forcing anyone to believe what I say but its not my job to hold your hand and show you where to look for info you can do it yourself, do your own research or not at all, stay in the dark for all I care. Guess what, there are other outlets stating that it was no mistaken shooting and I’m not obligated to dig them up for you.

Nowhere on this site was it posted but it was posted elsewhere and actually on the tube as well. You might want to try other sources for your news then a bmw site. I happened to get this story from another source and not the USA Today site which you casually omit that the brother of the kidnap victim told his story demonstrating the touchy history between the two parties. There’s also new stories from the survivors indicating that it was indeed intentional. Try for yourself looking it up.
The fact that you don’t care if it was accidental or intentional murder of women and children is really truly telling and disgusting.
Appreciate 0