F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Terrible attitude of the dealership employees!
GetBMWParts

11-10-2019, 05:27 PM   #45
Icarium81
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018, 330i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
OP can you post a photo of the winter rims the dealership was commenting on? I'm genuinely curious what they were.
I wasn't there, wife was and no pic, just think of your standard ugly black steel rims that everyone uses on most cars in the winter.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 05:37 PM   #46
Icarium81
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvisfan View Post
There is a long stretch from thinking someone should have better wheels on their car to the examples you sighted.
They were simply stating their opinions, and not even to the owner.

The fact remains that they did it where other customers could hear. Do it out back in the work area, ignorance is bliss right? Since that was the last thing covered under warranty, we won't be taking our car back there either.
I make decent money and bought the car I wanted (not from the dealership) but I sure as hell don't dress or appear to be what they think a typical BMW owner should look like, I didn't buy the car to try and appear a certain way, I bought it because I wanted a machine that drives better than anything else I've ever driven and has the looks I like.
I've been in to the dealership a couple times and I can feel them looking down their noses at me too. If we had a different dealership we could take it to we would, but that's simply not an option in our province, literally we'd have to drive a few hours at minimum to go somewhere else.

Last edited by Icarium81; 11-10-2019 at 07:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 05:37 PM   #47
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

I honestly don't know anything about winter tires - having only lived in San Diego and Florida, but do you mean like steel black wheels like these

https://images.app.goo.gl/hb5cuTRxfVyr2a5Z9

Why not get at least a set that are a little more appropriate? Yes - to each their own, as well.

I agree the dealership shouldn't be saying those remarks publicly - but i also don't know why someone else would care so much that they'd comment. "Staying in your own lane," goes a long way in life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 07:34 PM   #48
Icarium81
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I honestly don't know anything about winter tires - having only lived in San Diego and Florida, but do you mean like steel black wheels like these

Why not get at least a set that are a little more appropriate? Yes - to each their own, as well.

I agree the dealership shouldn't be saying those remarks publicly - but i also don't know why someone else would care so much that they'd comment. "Staying in your own lane," goes a long way in life.
Something like those, usually around here people have ones that look more like the "unbrand" style. Just has the small 1 or 2 inch holes all around the outside edge. We get a fair amount of snow and I can only assume it's to help keep the snow/ice out.
don't get me wrong, plenty of folks run the same runs all year round, or even nice but different rims from summer.
As for staying in ones own lane... fk that. Wrong is wrong, don't ignore things that should be changed. Stand up for the person who isn't there or can't stand up for themselves.
Appreciate 1
IK6SPEED4488.00
      11-10-2019, 08:37 PM   #49
CajunBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i and X1, Chrysler Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpwj76 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckr View Post
I use Classic BMW in Plano Texas. That is 5 hours away ! I live in Louisiana.
Worth the drive, looking forward to my next oil change!
Always get a nice loaner, very nice people, beautiful dealership.
My local BMW dealership got shutdown by BMW for “unusual business practices “
Last year.
Interesting... I never had heard the reason for them leaving. They left town shortly after I purchased my two CPO BMW's from BMW of Montgomery.

I am from WM and I have been using Orr in Shreveport and have been very happy. Had my oil and spark plugs changed last weekend there and they gave me a 2020 X5 as a loaner.
I use ORR too. I have gone there since 2002 and really like them. Always good service. I have bought multiple cars there because of the friendly sales and service folks.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 08:45 PM   #50
TheShadow
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i M sport

I went to a dealership for brake fluid. As I sat there all the salesman were literally just going back and forth from there desks eating up all the stale free cookies. Couldn't help but laugh. Never went back again.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 10:01 PM   #51
Michael Schott
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 VW GTI Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviantspeed View Post
BWAHAHAHAHAHA VW.

$30 more for an oil change with the coupon (no free oil changes there). Yes, BMW was always cheaper, but it's free.

I'll just add that I hated my local VW dealer but gave them a shot on a new 2017. Huge problems, but they couldn't look at it for several weeks as they only had 2-3 loaners. What a freakin' nightmare. "just drive it, they all make that noise", hah.

BMW, small issue comes up, oh here's your 2x your purchase price loaner and it's right there waiting for you a few steps away. We will take care of your concern and let you know when it's ready. Had to order part, 2 days later, car is ready... wasn't even a functional thing.

Neither really had a bad attitude, they were pretty flat line, but I would take it up with BMW and complain. I did with VW and got nowhere.
What did my post have to do with a VW dealer?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 10:04 PM   #52
Michael Schott
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 VW GTI Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
I take mine to a local AutoZone store, where they take used oil for disposal no charge. Most auto supply chains do. After draining the old oil and pouring in the new I pour the old oil out of the catch pan into the now empty new oil container.
I know that doing your own work is a foreign concept to most, but those of us who do their own work for the most part don't do it because we have to, we do it because we want to. I take satisfaction from every job I do. I never get any satisfaction from a job that someone else did.
Nothing wrong with doing your own work. I did my own oil changes years ago when we used Dino oil. I just have other things in my life now and it’s not of interest to me any longer.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 10:14 PM   #53
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarium81 View Post
Quote:

Something like those, usually around here people have ones that look more like the "unbrand" style. Just has the small 1 or 2 inch holes all around the outside edge. We get a fair amount of snow and I can only assume it's to help keep the snow/ice out.
don't get me wrong, plenty of folks run the same runs all year round, or even nice but different rims from summer.
As for staying in ones own lane... fk that. Wrong is wrong, don't ignore things that should be changed. Stand up for the person who isn't there or can't stand up for themselves.
I hear ya my friend - and I agree.

I wasn't there so I don't know if this was one of those, time-to-intervene, scenarios or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 10:56 PM   #54
Elvisfan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 430ix convertible MGM

Ok,so because 2 people were having a conversation that someone overheard,a dealer lost at least 2 customers. The customer loses a trusted dealer and now needs to find another dealer. Plus it upset him. All because 2 guys thought a person who owns a Bmw should have better wheels and someone thought it was a good idea to tell the customer.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 11:26 PM   #55
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Ok,so because 2 people were having a conversation that someone overheard,a dealer lost at least 2 customers. The customer loses a trusted dealer and now needs to find another dealer. Plus it upset him. All because 2 guys thought a person who owns a Bmw should have better wheels and someone thought it was a good idea to tell the customer.
Obviously the Dealer wasn't trusted.

And I am sure many places can mount his Winter and Summer tires cheaper than a Dealer, so no loss there.

Only loser here is Dealer.

Next.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 02:00 AM   #56
Icarium81
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Yes anyone CAN do the work, this older gentleman liked having the knowledge that BMW techs were doing it and that should anything go bad, that they would be on the line for it and cover any expenses. Around here there are so few dealerships for these cars it's not even funny. Like I said above, next closest bmw dealership is a few hours away minimum.
My other car option when buying was a Maserati quattroporte, the one with a Ferrari engine.... know where my closest licensed Ferrari dealership was if it needed "specialized" work.... somewhere in Ontario, 10 to 15 hours away.... that's quite a tow bill or risky drive if it's making an odd noise, to say nothing of required time off from work.
I'm sure he'll find somewhere else that will do the work and all, but will BMW come good for any issues that might pop up from said work?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 01:20 PM   #57
PK2348
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 330i xdrive

Quote:
So you couldn't care less how someone you're trusting your vehicle to is disrespecting you behind your back???
Personally I would have spoke up as well, that is no way to talk about your customers.
How about it you were in a store and they looked at you and called you a piece of shit simply because you're not wearing brand X or because you're black, etc.?? Or is it just fine because this gentleman couldn't hear them??? Clearly my wife could hear them.
Nope, i would only care about them doing a good job servicing the vehicle. Anything else they do behind my back i could not care less about. Just like they could not care less if i respect them or not, as long as i pay the bill.
Ever heard an expression nothing personal, business only?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 05:30 PM   #58
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK2348 View Post
Quote:
So you couldn't care less how someone you're trusting your vehicle to is disrespecting you behind your back???
Personally I would have spoke up as well, that is no way to talk about your customers.
How about it you were in a store and they looked at you and called you a piece of shit simply because you're not wearing brand X or because you're black, etc.?? Or is it just fine because this gentleman couldn't hear them??? Clearly my wife could hear them.
Nope, i would only care about them doing a good job servicing the vehicle. Anything else they do behind my back i could not care less about. Just like they could not care less if i respect them or not, as long as i pay the bill.
Ever heard an expression nothing personal, business only?
They clearly have no respect for the owner's vehicle and that will carry through in service and treatment.
Appreciate 1
Icarium81258.50
      11-11-2019, 08:48 PM   #59
Elvisfan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 430ix convertible MGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
They clearly have no respect for the owner's vehicle and that will carry through in service and treatment.
You are making assumptions here. Just because they thought a Bmw owner should use different wheels. They are entitled to their opinion. They just happened to state it in front of someone.
Of course,just like them,you are entitled to your opinion.
Except for the 4 hour wait,this was a non event.

Last edited by Elvisfan; 11-11-2019 at 08:53 PM..
Appreciate 1
Poochie9104.50
      11-11-2019, 08:58 PM   #60
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
You are making assumptions here. Just because they thought a Bmw owner should use different wheels. They are entitled to their opinion. They just happened to state it in front of someone.
No, I've seen how different work quality is between people who are about what they are doing and those who simply do it for the paycheck.

People who are critical of someone who has beater winter wheels on a BMW thinking the owner doesn't care will chose to carry through with that on the car.

It's seen in every field. From doctors, to lawyers, to cooks, to social workers....and yes to car mechanics.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 09:50 PM   #61
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Quote:
I agree, this is a non-issue, just a salesperson doing their thing..

My service advisor tries to upsell me unnecessary maintenance or repairs all the time. I just tell them "Thank you for the suggestion," move on, then go donuts in the parking lot with their new, free loaner car.

I never judge or try to hold any grievances against for them doing their job.

If another consumer naive enough to fall for their pitch, that's on them; that's none of my business. No one put a gun to their head.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 10:41 PM   #62
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Quote:

My service advisor tries to upsell me unnecessary maintenance or repairs all the time. I just tell them "Thank you for the suggestion," move on, then go donuts in the parking lot with their new, free loaner car.

If another consumer naive enough to fall for their pitch, that's on them; that's none of my business. No one put a gun to their head.
Big difference in trying to sell you something and making fun of you behind your back.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 11:01 PM   #63
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Big difference in trying to sell you something and making fun of you behind your back.
Who's 'making fun' of who exactly? I just reread the original post and I did not detect any ill will.

The service advisor suggested to the elder patrons that they should get new wheels; we don't know the condition of their old wheels, maybe the suggestion was warranted for their own safety. :

The fact of the matter is we're hearing this story third-party and people tend to exaggerate the facts, depending on their grievances.

It's asinine to make a judgment on either parties until we have all the facts, preferably first hand. But from what I read so far, it sounds a typical day at the dealer, nothing nefarious.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 11:16 PM   #64
Icarium81
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Who's 'making fun' of who exactly? I just reread the original post and I did not detect any ill will.

The service advisor suggested to the elder patrons that they should get new wheels; we don't know the condition of their old wheels, maybe the suggestion was warranted for their own safety. :

The fact of the matter is we're hearing this story third-party and people tend to exaggerate the facts, depending on their grievances.

It's asinine to make a judgment on either parties until we have all the facts, preferably first hand. But from what I read so far, it sounds a typical day at the dealer, nothing nefarious.
You clearly didn't read it very well. They were trying to sell my wife the rims, they were only talking about the older man's rims behind his back.
Appreciate 1
IK6SPEED4488.00
      11-11-2019, 11:27 PM   #65
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

You clearly didn't read it very well. They were trying to sell my wife the rims, they were only talking about the older man's rims behind his back.
Typical from him...even after reading multiple times.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 11:58 PM   #66
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Typical from him...even after reading multiple times.
Typically trolly response.

I guess we're creatures of habit
Appreciate 0