F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > A question for dems/DNC.
European Auto Source (EAS)

11-10-2019, 11:38 AM   #1
hubbahubba
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i

A question for dems/DNC.

I see all the Trump bashing from the left, and that is fine, whatever. You don't like him, and you want him replaced. Again, whatever...

Why don't the Dems put up a candidate that has any ideas that are grounded in reality? Seriously, for a libertarian leaning independent like me, whatcha got? If you want him out so bad, why don't you put up ANYBODY that isn't a flippin commie???? If you truly wanted to win, wouldn't you want to put up a candidate that appeals to more than the fringe? Yer gonna make me, and millions others, vote for Trump AGAIN because that bunch is just plain nuts. Get your poop in a group DNC.

Help me understand, would ya?
Appreciate 4
      11-10-2019, 11:55 AM   #2
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbahubba View Post
I see all the Trump bashing from the left, and that is fine, whatever. You don't like him, and you want him replaced. Again, whatever...

Why don't the Dems put up a candidate that has any ideas that are grounded in reality? Seriously, for a libertarian leaning independent like me, whatcha got? If you want him out so bad, why don't you put up ANYBODY that isn't a flippin commie???? If you truly wanted to win, wouldn't you want to put up a candidate that appeals to more than the fringe? Yer gonna make me, and millions others, vote for Trump AGAIN because that bunch is just plain nuts. Get your poop in a group DNC.

Attached Images

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 4
      11-10-2019, 12:04 PM   #3
catskillclimber
Private
Rep
Drives: 328d

Quote:
ideas that are grounded in reality?
tax cuts that will pay for themselves....corporate tax rcpts declined 251b to 147b from 2017 to 2018.

GDP growth was going to be 4%, maybe even 5 or 6%.....hasn't even made it to 3%.

Increased Job Growth....last 3 years under prior administration 224k month. Just under first 3 years of current administration, 186k month. And that doesn't include the 500k downward revision for 2018/2019.

Health care plan with better benefits and lower rates....????

Get rid of the national debt "very quickly"....19.9T to start, now 22T+

Trade wars are easy to win...talk to some farmers, look at the trade deficit.
Appreciate 1
minn195902.00

11-10-2019, 12:15 PM   #4
hubbahubba
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by catskillclimber View Post
tax cuts that will pay for themselves....corporate tax rcpts declined 251b to 147b from 2017 to 2018.

GDP growth was going to be 4%, maybe even 5 or 6%.....hasn't even made it to 3%.

Increased Job Growth....last 3 years under prior administration 224k month. Just under first 3 years of current administration, 186k month. And that doesn't include the 500k downward revision for 2018/2019.

Health care plan with better benefits and lower rates....????

Get rid of the national debt "very quickly"....19.9T to start, now 22T+

Trade wars are easy to win...talk to some farmers, look at the trade deficit.
How does this even remotely answer my question? If I wanted more stats, they are readily available.... Thanks. For nothing.

Why won't the DNC put up somebody that appeals to more than the 10% on the far left? Hello?
Appreciate 3
Violator3575.00
scostu1134.50

11-10-2019, 12:54 PM   #5
catskillclimber
Private
Rep
Drives: 328d

Quote:
How does this even remotely answer my question?
You indicated that Democratic candidates proposals were not grounded in reality and you would be forced to vote for Trump. My examples simply show how his proposals were not grounded in reality either.
If you believe Democrats proposals are unrealistic and Trumps have been shown to be unrealistic then you might consider voting for other than a Democrat or Trump.
Appreciate 2
minn195902.00

11-10-2019, 12:58 PM   #6
Eriphill
Captain
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
You indicated that Democratic candidates proposals were not grounded in reality and you would be forced to vote for Trump. My examples simply show how his proposals were not grounded in reality either.
If you believe Democrats proposals are unrealistic and Trumps have been shown to be unrealistic then you might consider voting for other than a Democrat or Trump.
Steady growth and essentially status quo on the other metrics you posted versus the nonsense proposed by the fringe Democrats. Why would he waste a vote on a 3rd party candidate?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 01:13 PM   #7
hubbahubba
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Fair enough, but it does not go to my question. Where in the heck are the moderate dems? The DNC has a responsibility to their party to put out an electable candidate in the general election. One that would appeal to many, not just the base. IMO, they have failed miserably in that task, (or are in the process of failing). Please don't get me wrong, I am not a fan of Trump the man, and I am not proud that he is president. The problem is, the dems have been marching to the impeachment drum for so long now, they have nothing else other than get the Cheeto out, and free stuff that the rich guys are paying for. What an absolutely lousy platform....

I take it you are a Democrat? If so, do you not see it this way? If not, who do you like and why?

I am really sick of the tweeting BS, and would love to see him go away in 2020, IF there was a better alternative. I just don't see one.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 01:38 PM   #8
vreihen16
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
I can answer this in two words: SOCIAL MEDIA. The fringe whack jobs attract others, and get all of the attention of the 21st century's lazy "cut and paste from Twitter and call it news" media. Moderates get no attention, so consider polarized candidates to be the norm for the foreseeable future.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to reading that breaking news article about Kim Kardashian's stretch marks.....
scostu1134.50

11-10-2019, 01:41 PM   #9
Dave 90TT
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 6MT M4 F82

It's typical primaries. They swing far left (or right, for the Republican primaries) to get the vote, and then swing towards the center for the national election.

That said, it seems like for 2020, there really isn't a Democrat candidate that is even close to center. This will likely result in many people, including myself, holding our noses and voting Trump, because the alternative is so terrible. Just like 2016.
      11-10-2019, 02:06 PM   #10
hubbahubba
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
I can answer this in two words: SOCIAL MEDIA. The fringe whack jobs attract others, and get all of the attention of the 21st century's lazy "cut and paste from Twitter and call it news" media. Moderates get no attention, so consider polarized candidates to be the norm for the foreseeable future.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to reading that breaking news article about Kim Kardashian's stretch marks.....
If moderates are going to get no attention, we all are in big trouble...
Maybe when Kanye is president CNN can carry the stretching of Kim's stretch marks live? Ewww....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 90TT View Post
It's typical primaries. They swing far left (or right, for the Republican primaries) to get the vote, and then swing towards the center for the national election.

That said, it seems like for 2020, there really isn't a Democrat candidate that is even close to center. This will likely result in many people, including myself, holding our noses and voting Trump, because the alternative is so terrible. Just like 2016.
Agreed. Trump was not my first choice in 2016, but I did vote for him in the general. As of now, and while holding my nose again, he is my only choice for 2020.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 02:16 PM   #11
NYG
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 CS

The left platform has nothing to do with issues/voting history/values. It's about image and convincing the lower class/uneducated and inexperienced youth that they'll get things for free and that if they side with the right then they're automatically racist. We fail miserably as a society to teach these same people where the money comes from and who gains power every time something is given to you for free. It's the political party of people who can't conceive complex thought. Only A or B selections.
Appreciate 3
      11-10-2019, 02:51 PM   #12
hubbahubba
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
The left platform has nothing to do with issues/voting history/values. It's about image and convincing the lower class/uneducated and inexperienced youth that they'll get things for free and that if they side with the right then they're automatically racist. We fail miserably as a society to teach these same people where the money comes from and who gains power every time something is given to you for free. It's the political party of people who can't conceive complex thought. Only A or B selections.
While I agree with much of what you say, I totally disagree with the part highlighted in green. I know quite a few folks that are incredibly intelligent, and also happen to be Democrat. We should not use such blanket statements for any group. Right?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 03:38 PM   #13
NYG
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
While I agree with much of what you say, I totally disagree with the part highlighted in green. I know quite a few folks that are incredibly intelligent, and also happen to be Democrat. We should not use such blanket statements for any group. Right?
What else do you call somebody that would rather vote in HILLARY CLINTON just so that a Republican isn't the POTUS? I'd say that's remarkably unintelligent, vindictive and pathetic.

Surely no one in their right mind would vote for Hillary based on her politics.
Appreciate 1
      11-10-2019, 04:06 PM   #14
hubbahubba
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
What else do you call somebody that would rather vote in HILLARY CLINTON just so that a Republican isn't the POTUS? I'd say that's remarkably unintelligent, vindictive and pathetic.

Surely no one in their right mind would vote for Hillary based on her politics.
Really? In your life, there are zero people that are both intelligent, and Democrat? Zero??
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 04:11 PM   #15
NYG
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Really? In your life, there are zero people that are both intelligent, and Democrat? Zero??
Intelligent in what way? Historically, no. Not a single one of them hence their affiliation.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 04:17 PM   #16
hubbahubba
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Intelligent in what way? Historically, no. Not a single one of them hence their affiliation.
Man, I really don't know what to say to that...

Anyway, back on target. Why isn't the DNC putting up an electable candidate?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 05:42 PM   #17
WestRace
Major
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3

Quote:
Why isn't the DNC putting up an electable candidate?
lols maybe there's an overlord that won't let them. Let's see ...

Biden - too old and too out of it
Warren - too hell bent on taking out on the rich she forgot about the real world
Bernie - too crazy
Buttigieg - maybe too young and the country probably not ready for a gay guy
Bloomberg - don't know if the left will accept him as one of their own ... and wish he's 10 years younger

back to Trump -
aside from his own personal shenanigans, he really hasn't screwed up in term of policies.
Appreciate 1
      11-10-2019, 05:58 PM   #18
SoCalS2k
Captain
Rep
Drives: S2K!

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Quote:

So build the wall, is that an idea grounded in reality?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 05:59 PM   #19
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Totaled Toyota Celica :((

people constantly go through identity crisis. its cool now to care about the world and whatever; you can get ridiculed or called selfish for only caring about your family and yours.

i don't know where i stand honestly. For example how do you tax jeff bezos more. most of his income is amazon stock; so do we cripple amazon to pay for peoples healthcare so they can abuse it. people love amazon. why would bezos busted his ass to make it scaleable if he wasn't going to the top man. I am still in utter shock how amazon has scaled this delivery model and competes has walmart changing their prices. that takes a work ethic that i can't even conceptualize. but hey just got lucky so lets take his money right. everyone wants a piece of the pie but don't want to work.

i've seen the quailty of healthcare decrease significantly because now everyone gotta get it. doctors nickle and dimeing you because they don't get paid. Their office staff (or medical group now abuses the system bills a bunch of unnecessary stuff) and the people with little co-pays or whatever just keep using and using it cause hey its only 5 bucks. I can barely keep up with insurance reimbursements and different plans; so imagine what these 60+ yr olds go through when its PART d selection time. they are all out to get your money, and rather you die. its sad but very true. insurance companies penalized if they don't provide affordable options; hmmm lets lower access to our paying subscribers to make sure everyone gets a nice slice.

^just one example of how helping everyone out makes the working man suffer. I get we should take some of the burden; but the extremism is so off the charts. How can the government pay for college. how would colleges stay accredited; why would they even care, it would become like public school system where they juke stats to get more funding. the government just aint going to cut a check for 150k to you to do whatever. everyone without college education what do they get? use it or lose it? we need plumbers; garbage men etc

idk; I hate debating with people who are too far left; i just get insulted, about how i don't care, or just put me on a guilt trip. The thing is i do really care, but people don't care to get to know your side anymore or the human element. just a bunch of cherry picked information to validate their points. i can say the same about the right. im somewhere lost in the middle I guess, and god help me if i think freely
Appreciate 1
      11-10-2019, 06:04 PM   #20
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Totaled Toyota Celica :((

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalS2k View Post
So build the wall, is that an idea grounded in reality?
its not; is it being built? he just pandering to the right.

but seriously we can't even provide for our own citizens according to the left. so how can we harbor illegals. I get they people but shit don't cross the border than
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 10:21 AM   #21
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Quote:

He said "a question for dems". Did you switch?
      11-11-2019, 11:02 AM   #22
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 90TT View Post

Biden is demonstrably center. Same for Gabbard. Buttigieg, too, for the most part.

Those candidates all have issues, but being "center" isn't one of them.
Appreciate 2
minn195902.00