F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > M performance brake clunk- doesn't seem normal
Studio RSR

03-05-2021, 02:09 PM   #1
BurtMacklin
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i Xdrive

M performance brake clunk- doesn't seem normal

Recently purchased an '14 f32 x drive and it's developed a rather annoying clunk that is audible from 0-20mph and when braking at low speeds. Initially presented as the steering clunk(fixed, no change), then i replaced a blown torsion arm (no change). I only just now realized when torquing the wheel that then I'm tightening it i can see the caliper moving slightly and clunking loudly. The other side does not do this, so I'm looking for insights on this. I checked the caliper mounting bolts and they're nice n tight. Here's a short clip of what I'm seeing/hearing.

Edit: words
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 04:53 PM   #2
Eschmacher
Car Hypochondriac
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport Estoril Blue

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Take the wheel off and verify your caliper is bolted tight to the knuckle/wheel carrier. Then check if you have play in the rotor/hub. If you can move the rotor up/down or left/right at all, you have something seriously wrong with your hub/wheel bearing.
Appreciate 0