F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Retrofit ConnectedDrive registration
Extreme Powerhouse

09-11-2015, 04:34 AM   #23
keltis99
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 2014 428i

very interesting post

I do have NBT and TCB with nav pro on my 4/2014 428i, but my connected drive services (confirmed active by the BMW) are not reaching the car since its is a USA import here Europe. I am most interested in RTTI and apps.

Could I somehow code my car to use my European phone's 3G connection instead of inactive TBC in the boot and get those services instead of replacing TBC as suggested by bmw at a cost of 500eur?

thanks for your help
simon
      12-17-2015, 04:35 AM   #24
Loma
Second Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: BMW

I'm also trying to get ConnectedDrive to work in a car imported from Canada. Has anyone succeeded in activating it?
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2015, 12:07 AM   #25
chris88
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: x3 f25

Hi
Have you allready installed the ebay TCB, and it works?
Have you some connect plan for make the cable to the nbt?
Thanks, Chris
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2016, 02:05 AM   #26
dmayo305
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltis99 View Post
very interesting post

I do have NBT and TCB with nav pro on my 4/2014 428i, but my connected drive services (confirmed active by the BMW) are not reaching the car since its is a USA import here Europe. I am most interested in RTTI and apps.

Could I somehow code my car to use my European phone's 3G connection instead of inactive TBC in the boot and get those services instead of replacing TBC as suggested by bmw at a cost of 500eur?

thanks for your help
simon
Hello,

There's pending class action litigation against BMW for this very problem. PM me if you'd like details!
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2016, 01:30 AM   #27
Dengario
Registered
Rep
Drives: F32 Coupé

When i order Remote Services (6AP). Will i be able to activate RTTI without having to use my phone data connection?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2016, 10:16 AM   #28
Meezen84
Greece
Rep
Drives: F48

Hi
I have ordered my car and is expected to be delivered in 10'days. Want to understand if I can activate the option 6AK for connected drive services after delivery as I didn't tick the box for that option. Having in mind that the car is supplied with 6AE (teleservices) and 6AC( intelligent emergency call) as standard with the nav professional. Ur input is much appreciated....
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2016, 10:34 AM   #29
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meezen84 View Post
Hi
I have ordered my car and is expected to be delivered in 10'days. Want to understand if I can activate the option 6AK for connected drive services after delivery as I didn't tick the box for that option. Having in mind that the car is supplied with 6AE (teleservices) and 6AC( intelligent emergency call) as standard with the nav professional. Ur input is much appreciated....
No, you cannot activate 6AK. It requires VIN with authorization on backend.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2016, 10:44 AM   #30
Meezen84
Greece
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
No, you cannot activate 6AK. It requires VIN with authorization on backend.
You mean I cannot do that even at a BMW dealer with an extra charge?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2016, 12:31 PM   #31
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
You mean I cannot do that even at a BMW dealer with an extra charge?
Not as far as I know. If car has no 6AK from factory, BMW can't activate the services.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2016, 02:26 PM   #32
Meezen84
Greece
Rep

This is very frustrating how many of the options can't be added after production. Hope we will have a solutions soon from BMW. Otherwise the only solution I can think about is from bimmertech providing the 6AK without the remote services though.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 08:14 PM   #33
AJ2206
320i F30 Sportline
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i F30 Sportline

BMW live and RTTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by steddyman View Post
That's not the case though because a lot of those services are working for me. You can just configure them to use your phones 3G data over USB.

On my car I have had all of the following working and definitely do not have a TCB:
- ConnectedDrive applications working including Deezer over 3G
- BMW Live services including news, weather, google maps, etc
- Office functionality
- RTTI works for me in Navigation. I can even get a summary of accidents

I very much doubt you will get BMW to enable the services for you.

Oh, and the really odd bit. If I disable use Bluetooth data, all those services still work and I can see on the phone it isn't using the personal hotspot any longer!
Hi Steddyman,
I recently retrofitted a NBT bought off ebay in my 2012 F30. Details as under:
http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1329739

Vendor helped code everything and BMW live worked at the time (he used a donor VIN to activate it and asked me not to update services for BMW live to work). However, since then I've never been able to connect to BMW live (weather, news, google maps? etc.) despite my iphone on 4G connected via BT and data transfer enabled. Keeps showing error 'Cannot connect to BMW live, please try again later"
I was wondering if you could help me figure out what's wrong and how can I fix it?

Also RTTI never worked from day 1 - based on pics in the link to my thread, you think my NBT has TCB thats needed for this to work?

Will appreciate any suggestions/comments.

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2016, 10:04 PM   #34
AJ2206
320i F30 Sportline
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i F30 Sportline

Follow up

Hey Steddyman,

Would really appreciate any suggestions mate...
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 02:55 PM   #35
Mashman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ2206 View Post
Hi Steddyman,

Vendor helped code everything and BMW live worked at the time (he used a donor VIN to activate it and asked me not to update services for BMW live to work). However, since then I've never been able to connect to BMW live (weather, news, google maps? etc.) despite my iphone on 4G connected via BT and data transfer enabled. Keeps showing error 'Cannot connect to BMW live, please try again later"
I was wondering if you could help me figure out what's wrong and how can I fix it?

Also RTTI never worked from day 1 - based on pics in the link to my thread, you think my NBT has TCB thats needed for this to work?

Thanks,
You do not have a TCB. If you had a TCB, it would be connected to the NBT on the green USB connector.

BMW Live works of bluetooth tethering, BMW Online works over TCB connection. Do you have data connection active on your phone pairing? In the NBT, look in connections, select you phones pairing, and go to options. Make sure data connection is active for the pairing.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2017, 06:25 AM   #36
stealth98
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
This is very frustrating how many of the options can't be added after production. Hope we will have a solutions soon from BMW. Otherwise the only solution I can think about is from bimmertech providing the 6AK without the remote services though.

You should be able to activate 6AK afterwards when your car has option 612 (assist) from production. If you can't enable 6AK via the ConnectedDrive portal, Enabling 6AK can be requested with a special form on the country website of bmw.com. I'm not sure if this is valid for any country, but if your car is imported from a country in which 6AK is supprted, you can try to register in the original country.

Last edited by stealth98; 03-18-2017 at 06:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2017, 06:32 AM   #37
stealth98
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ2206 View Post
Hi Steddyman,

Thanks,
Just an idea, did you check personal hotspot is enabled on your iPhone?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2018, 08:27 PM   #38
rickynguyen
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw F30 320i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by steddyman View Post
That's not the case though because a lot of those services are working for me. You can just configure them to use your phones 3G data over USB.

On my car I have had all of the following working and definitely do not have a TCB:
- ConnectedDrive applications working including Deezer over 3G
- BMW Live services including news, weather, google maps, etc
- Office functionality
- RTTI works for me in Navigation. I can even get a summary of accidents

I very much doubt you will get BMW to enable the services for you.

Oh, and the really odd bit. If I disable use Bluetooth data, all those services still work and I can see on the phone it isn't using the personal hotspot any longer!
how to do that, pm sent, please help. thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 03:29 PM   #39
justanurse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 6sp

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Sorry for reviving but in your opnion if the dealer was cool enough locally and you had a retrofitted TCB and you PAID for it, would they or would they not submit the ESA for you?
Appreciate 0