F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Trunk locked/Wiring Removed
proTUNING Freaks

01-30-2024, 04:41 PM   #1
stormzf32
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F32

Exclamation Trunk locked/Wiring Removed

Hello guys,

I'm new here, I was looking through the forum and didn't find a better place to start this discussion.

Today I had wonderful experience with my BMW F32 2014, I was changing the tail lights and no idea why but I was looking on the internet that I have to remove the Wiring Harness PIN which gives electricity to everything in the trunk, guess what the trunk got closed, because of wind and now I do believe It's stuck forever. I can't access the trunk through the back seats, because they are locked and guess what, you can unlock the from the trunk, obviously if I give power to the car it doesn't matter because this PIN is removed and no electricity is going to the trunk and there is no key hole on the trunk, so I can't open it with key, what the h*ll I'm supposed to do now?

For additional information, on the back seats I have removed the seat, and there is nothing you can do from there either.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2024, 05:19 PM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Not that it helps but you got bad advice. What you should disconnect before working on anything electrical is the battery negative terminal. If you mistakenly close the lid you can get power to the release via the under hood terminals.

As for how to open the trunk call a dealer, they should know.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2024, 05:30 PM   #3
stormzf32
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F32

Hi,

Thank you for your response and don't worry I know that, because the battery negative is removed as well .

And to this "bad advice" they was putting retrofit tail lights, so they removed the old harness which I shouldn't done. Now everything in my trunk stays connected and ready, but the wiring harness pin is OFF and even if I jump start the car, no electricity would go to the trunk.

Thank you for your advise, I will give them a call tomorrow, but in the meantime if anyone have any ideas, please, go ahead.
Appreciate 0