F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Carly App not able to code Comfort mirrors or windows up with FOB?
Extreme Powerhouse

03-06-2019, 11:24 PM   #1
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Carly App not able to code Comfort mirrors or windows up with FOB?

Anyone else having trouble with Carly coding comfort mirrors and closing the windows with locking the door? I've tried on 3 F30 cars and each time I see the option, but the app doesn't allow me to change the setting.
Is this a known issue?
Thanks.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2019, 01:47 AM   #2
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Bump for some help.
Thanks.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2019, 08:35 AM   #3
88tuning.id
Private First Class
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: E39 520i Msport

i dont have carly nor experienced with it. but in esys/bimmercode, when you want to activate those option you mentioned. make sure that these parameter is changed:

1. KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB and ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN change to aktiv (Close Windows/Fold Mirrors when holding lock on Key Fob)
2. KOMFORTOEFFNUNG_FB and ASP_AUSKLAPPEN_NACH_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN change to aktiv (Open Windows/Fold Mirrors when holding Unlock on Key Fob.)
3. KOMFORT_SCHLIESSEN to werte=00 if you want to set the delay time of folding mirrors to be 0s

Hope this helps.
      03-22-2019, 08:17 AM   #4
fantanas
First Lieutenant
Greece
Rep
Drives: F33 435d

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Anyone else having trouble with Carly coding comfort mirrors and closing the windows with locking the door? I've tried on 3 F30 cars and each time I see the option, but the app doesn't allow me to change the setting.
Is this a known issue?
Thanks.
I thought the auto closing mirrors were only for cars with the comfort package. I don't know about the mirrors.

For my F33, I wasn't able to code the windows or the roof to close with the key fob. All it would do is open the windows with the key. I had to buy something like this: link.
Appreciate 1
aus889.50
      03-22-2019, 10:19 AM   #5
cjn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 F40 M135iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantanas View Post
I thought the auto closing mirrors were only for cars with the comfort package. I don't know about the mirrors.

For my F33, I wasn't able to code the windows or the roof to close with the key fob. All it would do is open the windows with the key. I had to buy something like this: link.
My 2014 F30 had optional electric folding mirrors and electric front seats with memory, but no "Comfort" options, and no sunroof.

From the factory, locking the car and holding the fob button down for a few seconds would fold the mirrors, and close any open windows.

Unlocking the car would open the mirrors immediately; continuing to press the button would then open the windows.

However, if the mirrors were closed by the interior button before leaving and locking the car, subsequent unlocking with the fob left the mirrors closed.

The only change I have made was to set KOMFORT_SCHLIESSEN to 00 from 0F. This now changes the above description to close the mirrors immediately on locking. Nothing else is different.

The other values quoted above had the default values:
KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB = 0 aktiv
ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN =01 aktiv
KOMFORTOEFFNUNG_FB = 0 aktiv
ASP_AUSKLAPPEN_NACH_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN = 01 aktiv
Appreciate 1
aus889.50
      03-22-2019, 01:37 PM   #6
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

I'm pretty sure one of the cars had Comfort Access- that's when you can open the door without pushing the key fob and start the car with the key in your pocket right?

Thanks for the recommendations but Carly doesn't show all these other settings you guys are showing.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 12:55 AM   #7
ajrulez
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 2014 328i

I have carly and works for me auto folding mirrors on key fob long press..
Appreciate 1
aus889.50
      03-25-2019, 01:45 PM   #8
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Is there a way to tell for sure if a car has comfort option?
Unfortunately, Carly doesn't give all the options listed above. Just simple comfort windows and mirrors but it won't work.
Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 12:05 PM   #9
fantanas
First Lieutenant
Greece
Rep
Drives: F33 435d

Have you tried Bimmercode? You might be able to do more with Expert mode.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 01:28 PM   #10
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantanas View Post
Have you tried Bimmercode? You might be able to do more with Expert mode.
Not yet. I really don't want to invest anymore into coding. Carly was $50 and the dongle $100.
How much is Bimmercode for iOS? It says it's a free download but I'm sure there's in app purchases.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 01:56 PM   #11
cjn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 F40 M135iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Not yet. I really don't want to invest anymore into coding. Carly was $50 and the dongle $100.
How much is Bimmercode for iOS? It says it's a free download but I'm sure there's in app purchases.
I know nothing about Carly, but use E-Sys and BimmerCode (only in Expert Mode) as and when convenient. No complaints about either. BimmerCode is free to download but only works in demo mode, and you have to pay for the working licence, which is a one-off £26. My Vgate Bluetooth OBD2 adapter cost £28 from Amazon. So around $60 complete, with no extra costs for B/Code.
Appreciate 0