F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > xDrive All-Wheel Drive Discussions > Axles Problems
Extreme Powerhouse

03-03-2021, 12:23 AM   #1
Jayeshwar
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i XDrive (Bagged)

Exclamation Axles Problems

I own a 2013 BMW 335i Xdrive it's on airlift performance, recently last year I've blown thru front both side of my cv joints axles while riding low Twice, the cv joint bushing rip I mine, If there anyone with the same issue and has resolved it please let me know what to, I don't know what to do?

It either I get a custom axle, m control arms, find a way to raise the diff so the axles can be straight rather than Y
please do help out thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 08:18 AM   #2
TheFanatic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayeshwar View Post
I own a 2013 BMW 335i Xdrive it's on airlift performance, recently last year I've blown thru front both side of my cv joints axles while riding low Twice, the cv joint bushing rip I mine, If there anyone with the same issue and has resolved it please let me know what to, I don't know what to do?

It either I get a custom axle, m control arms, find a way to raise the diff so the axles can be straight rather than Y
please do help out thanks
The M control arms will not work on x-drive, as far as driving low if you're low enough to tear shaft boots you're going to have to modify the driveline to handle it. Longer CV shafts would help, but you have to be careful when riding at the higher settings. I'm sure some guys who are slammed are far more knowledgeable than I am though. Got a photo of how low you are?
Appreciate 0