F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > ☛ MHD Flasher F Series (F2x F3x) discussion ☚
GetBMWParts

12-31-2017, 09:10 AM   #89
GatorF30
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: EBII F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaqasRiyami View Post
Have Any one joined the MHD Beta, and flashed the stage 0 ??

I want to know the time it takes for the initial installation, if its short then we wont need a battrey charger but if its long then will definitley need one..
I'm trying to join it. Sent an email and PM on this site and no response yet, damn the weekend!
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2017, 10:00 AM   #90
WaqasRiyami
Private
Oman
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 ( 535i )

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorF30 View Post
I'm trying to join it. Sent an email and PM on this site and no response yet, damn the weekend!

I am in the program already, and have the application in my phone
But i dont have a battery charger, thats why i am asking about the time the first flash need's.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2017, 10:06 AM   #91
Mountain_Commando
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 435i Gran Coupe M-Sport

I'm on the beta too. But the first maps aren't expected until Jan first week, so for now eagerly waiting and watching.
435i Gran Coupe | ///M Sport Pkg | 430hp | MHD Stage 2+ | BMS Intake | Catless Downpipe | FMIC | Black Sapphire exterior | 9H Ceramic Coating | Black Anthracite interior | 19" Black ///M Wheels | Red ///M Brake Calipers | ///M Steering wheel | ///M Metal Pedals | Alcantara dash panel | Carbon Fiber trims and gear knob | Angel Eyes LEDs | Surround Cameras | Spoiler | Coded ///M iDrive, Mirrors, HUD |
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2017, 10:28 AM   #92
WaqasRiyami
Private
Oman
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain_Commando View Post
I'm on the beta too. But the first maps aren't expected until Jan first week, so for now eagerly waiting and watching.
What car ? Did you flash stage 0 ?
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2017, 10:45 AM   #93
Mountain_Commando
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
All details on my avatar and sig mate.

Didn't flash stage 0 yet because I'm on vacation.
435i Gran Coupe | ///M Sport Pkg | 430hp | MHD Stage 2+ | BMS Intake | Catless Downpipe | FMIC | Black Sapphire exterior | 9H Ceramic Coating | Black Anthracite interior | 19" Black ///M Wheels | Red ///M Brake Calipers | ///M Steering wheel | ///M Metal Pedals | Alcantara dash panel | Carbon Fiber trims and gear knob | Angel Eyes LEDs | Surround Cameras | Spoiler | Coded ///M iDrive, Mirrors, HUD |
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2017, 06:12 PM   #94
Twisted Tuning
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Have Any one joined the MHD Beta, and flashed the stage 0 ??

I want to know the time it takes for the initial installation, if its short then we wont need a battrey charger but if its long then will definitley need one..

Unless you had the DME flashed prior the intial flash whether flashing Stage Zero, One of the Other OTS maps, or a Custom map. It will take approximately 20 minutes with a Bimmergeeks or our Blaze Cable. Or about 30 minutes without the prior mentioned cables.

The initial flash a charger is 100% recommended to keep things safe and from a low power situation. Once MHD is loaded (happens on the initial flash) any recurring flashes will take 2 minutes with a Bimmergeeks or Our Blaze cable and 4-5minutes without the prior mentioned cables.

So if you want to save time the only option for flashing is the above mentioned cables. They are also far more reliable than the other cables on the market. you will have minimal to none failed flashes which saves you from needing to redo a flash.

Quote:
be patient. Inboxes are full for everyone. I'm sure he will respond after the holiday.
justin@twistedtuning.com
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2017, 06:14 PM   #95
GatorF30
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Tuning View Post
Unless you had the DME flashed prior the intial flash whether flashing Stage Zero, One of the Other OTS maps, or a Custom map. It will take approximately 20 minutes with a Bimmergeeks or our Blaze Cable. Or about 30 minutes without the prior mentioned cables.

The initial flash a charger is 100% recommended to keep things safe and from a low power situation. Once MHD is loaded (happens on the initial flash) any recurring flashes will take 2 minutes with a Bimmergeeks or Our Blaze cable and 4-5minutes without the prior mentioned cables.

So if you want to save time the only option for flashing is the above mentioned cables. They are also far more reliable than the other cables on the market. you will have minimal to none failed flashes which saves you from needing to redo a flash.

be patient. Inboxes are full for everyone. I'm sure he will respond after the holiday.

Oh I totally understand haha, I'm just excited.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2017, 06:17 PM   #96
Twisted Tuning
Rep

Quote:
Oh I totally understand haha, I'm just excited.
completely understand. You should be!!!! MHD in the Building, haha
justin@twistedtuning.com
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2017, 09:00 PM   #97
Seba77W
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i Xdrive Coupe

Quote:
Quote:
All details on my avatar and sig mate.

Didn't flash stage 0 yet because I'm on vacation.
Not all of us are using the website. I'm on my App so I can't see any signatures or what's listed under your avatar. I'm sure others are doing the same.
      12-31-2017, 10:25 PM   #98
Mountain_Commando
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seba77W View Post
Not all of us are using the website. I'm on my App so I can't see any signatures or what's listed under your avatar. I'm sure others are doing the same.
So how is any of that my fault???
I kid I kid . I wasn't aware of this, thanks for pointing it out!

Quote:
Mate mine is a 2014 435i with full bolt-ons. What's the stage 0? Is it just a readout of the stock files?
Appreciate 1
Seba77W284.00

01-01-2018, 11:06 AM   #99
Twisted Tuning
Rep

Quote:
So how is any of that my fault???
I kid I kid . I wasn't aware of this, thanks for pointing it out!

Mate mine is a 2014 435i with full bolt-ons. What's the stage 0? Is it just a readout of the stock files?

stage zero is stock mapping with MHD and its custom firmware mods installed
justin@twistedtuning.com
Appreciate 1
      01-01-2018, 12:19 PM   #100
lawownsu
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 435i

Can i flash using my laptop, i have android installed on there with MHD flasher F-series installed as well.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2018, 08:00 PM   #101
Mountain_Commando
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawownsu View Post
Can i flash using my laptop, i have android installed on there with MHD flasher F-series installed as well.
MHD Tuning Momir@MHD, wondering the same thing. Should be okay to flash via Android emulator on Windows?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2018, 10:06 AM   #102
Twisted Tuning
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawownsu View Post
Quote:
MHD Tuning Momir@MHD, wondering the same thing. Should be okay to flash via Android emulator on Windows?
I've had people do that with a Android V-box on their laptops for the N54. As long as you can get the software on it and make the needed purchase for licensing it should work via the V-box.
justin@twistedtuning.com
Appreciate 1
      01-02-2018, 10:22 AM   #103
GatorF30
Lieutenant
Rep

On the Beta program! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Appreciate 2
      01-02-2018, 02:56 PM   #104
WaqasRiyami
Private
Oman
Rep

When flashing a Back-end Flash - Can i still choose the cold start cancellation and the exhaust burble In The MHD App or these options are only for OTS Maps ??
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2018, 03:10 PM   #105
Munchi435i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 435i M-sport

I was accepted for the Beta Testing and flashed the MHD stage 0 tune in preparation for the upcoming OTS maps. I used the Bimmergeek cable and did not use a batter charger, although i did have a jump box close by just in case lol!!! The process took about 30mins to flash.
Appreciate 3
      01-02-2018, 04:04 PM   #106
GatorF30
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchi435i View Post
I was accepted for the Beta Testing and flashed the MHD stage 0 tune in preparation for the upcoming OTS maps. I used the Bimmergeek cable and did not use a batter charger, although i did have a jump box close by just in case lol!!! The process took about 30mins to flash.
Brave man. The jump box wouldn't have done you any good. The fear is that your battery dies in the middle of the flash. Incomplete flash to your DME = big uh oh.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2018, 04:38 PM   #107
Mountain_Commando
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Brave man. The jump box wouldn't have done you any good. The fear is that your battery dies in the middle of the flash. Incomplete flash to your DME = big uh oh.
Just keep the engine running.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2018, 04:43 PM   #108
Munchi435i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 435i M-sport

Quote:
I know it was a risk but honestly my car only has 34k miles on it so the battery is very fresh but still yes it was a risk and I'm glad it didn't leave me stranded.

Hopefully the maps will be available by this friday. My car is completely stock so it will be nice to give feedback for those remaining stock for the moment. I do plan to add FBO once the beta is over unless they request it for beta testing.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2018, 05:25 PM   #109
GatorF30
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Just keep the engine running.
Wow. Much genius. Such smart.

Yeah, except in the cases where people have bad batteries and the alternator charge doesn't do them any good.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2018, 05:31 PM   #110
Eternal
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i xDrive

I should have gotten in on the BETA. I am going to get dynoed stock this weekend before I do FBO next month. Could have done stock, their stage 1, and then FBO.
Appreciate 0