F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Classifieds > 340i Saloon For Sale ~ SOLD
Studio RSR

12-05-2021, 05:02 PM   #1
Kyuuseishu
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Who Knows

340i Saloon For Sale ~ SOLD

Up for sale is my 340i Saloon to free up some extra cash for a planned house purchase. It has an outstanding spec listed below along with some details regarding the service history of the car. It has just recently had an MOT (28th December) to preserve the Jan 26th date, it passed with no advisories at 37988 miles.

Main Details:
65 Plate (Jan 2016) 340i Saloon in Tanzanite Blue
Currently 38000 miles (still in use)
3 Former Keepers (not including myself)
Service history is up to date during my ownership.

Note about SH: The first service shows on the iDrive as late for oil by 15 months, the car had done around 14k miles by this point and had oil, filters and brake fluid done in March 2019.. Not sure why it would be that late as the car came with the 5 year service inclusive when it was new! It has then had a major service in Feb 2021 with oil, all filters, spark plugs and brake fluid. On Jan 15th 2022 it will have new oil and filters.

In terms of usage, it has mainly seen motorways and A roads, mostly to and from Liverpool to visit family and to and from the lake district (circa 60+ miles per trip). It isn't used as a commute car as I walk to work (so very little town driving) and when not in use is inside a locked compound so it's nice and dry and escapes the harshness of the weather.

The car is fitted all around with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5, excellent tyres, plenty of grip in the dry and wet and excellent wear. The rears were fitted in Jan 2020 and have around 3-4mm left, the fronts were fitted in Jan this year and have around 6mm* left.

Spec Sheet Details:
Individual Tanzanite Blue (recently had a 2 year ceramic coat)
Opal Merino Leather Interior
Individual Piano Black Trim
442M Wheels powder coated in Orbit Grey, also Ceramic coated.
Adaptive M Suspension
Pro Nav
M Sport Plus Package
Enhanced Bluetooth
Electric Memory Seats with Lumbar
Extended Comfort Package (front/back seats and steering wheel heating)
Extended Storage, including boot tray and 40:20:40 split seats
Head up Display with Sign Recognition
Icon Adaptive LED with Auto Hi-beam control (dancing lights)
Electrically heated and dimming mirrors (both driver and passenger dim)
Sunroof
PDC, rear view camera, park assist
Surround View camera including camera on wings (perfect for blind exits)
Comfort Access System

As you can see from the spec list it has almost every option box ticked with all the desirable options (bar the auto cruise I admit). The body work is in very good condition with the usual age related marks, stone chips on the bonnet, light scratches that can be polished out easily, playing the road rash lottery, the usual. The interior is in excellent condition, DrLeather cleaner and dye block has been used on the seats to try and protect that light colour.

Looking on Autotrader it is very difficult to find a car of similar spec with all the bells and whistles. Based on what I can see on auto trader, most high spec cars of a similar age and mileage are going for 26k+ (I am well aware this is due to the madness of the current market). Of course there are newer 340i's (66/17 plates) going for around that but are much more lacking in spec.

I am looking for ~24k based on auto trader figures and the service history situation. Based on the current market, it is a lot of car for the money. I am open to offers.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/R2M3Vm6powHxiJzr5 Link to a small album of pictures.

Last edited by Kyuuseishu; 01-26-2022 at 12:01 PM.. Reason: Corrected information from iDrive, updated price, updated details
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2021, 05:56 PM   #2
MY340i
Major
Rep
Drives: Various

Have you tried motorway.co.uk and cazoo?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2021, 06:01 PM   #3
Kyuuseishu
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY340i View Post
Have you tried motorway.co.uk and cazoo?
I did have a quick look, motorway weren't willing to offer much, much lower than private sale prices. I'd rather get as much as I can from the sale than go for ease of sale.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 03:08 AM   #4
Mick.86uk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 F36 440i

Mega spec, just a shame about the service history.

If it was registered Jan 2016 the first service was due after 2 years - Jan 2018. Did it have its first service 18 months later - June/July 2019?
      12-06-2021, 03:14 AM   #5
Kyuuseishu
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick.86uk View Post
Mega spec, just a shame about the service history.

If it was registered Jan 2016 the first service was due after 2 years - Jan 2018. Did it have its first service 18 months later - June/July 2019?
Unfortunately yes, it was done in March 2019, before my ownership, not sure why it has a late recorded service as anyone who owns a car like this would stick to the schedule like glue. Either it genuinely wasn't done due to the low mileage of the car at the time of the service (13k miles in 3 years is pretty low for any car), or it was done elsewhere that couldn't record anything. It is a real shame as I've stuck to it as well as I can. That's why I am doing an interim oil change even though one isn't due for another 13k miles, ensuring the engine is in top condition as it has ran flawlessly.

Last edited by Kyuuseishu; 12-06-2021 at 03:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 04:59 AM   #6
Kyuuseishu
First Lieutenant
Rep

Updated price to reflect other private sales, the spec of the car, and the current situation with the SH.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 05:44 AM   #7
ahmedb
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 Silverstone M3

Out of curiosity, did you ever consider MPPSK or the M Performance Exhaust?

I was on the lookout for something like for the past month and I would have made you an offer. Unfortunately, the timing is terrible for me as I've just bought something else. I think you should list on Autotrader, with this spec I've no doubt it will sell for near your revised asking price.

Good luck.
      12-07-2021, 05:48 AM   #8
Kyuuseishu
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedb View Post
Out of curiosity, did you ever consider MPPSK or the M Performance Exhaust?

I was on the lookout for something like for the past month and I would have made you an offer. Unfortunately, the timing is terrible for me as I've just bought something else. I think you should list on Autotrader, with this spec I've no doubt it will sell for near your revised asking price.

Good luck.
It was considered much earlier when I bought it, however once the big rona hit and a few circumstance changes meant I didn't drive as much so spending circa 1.5k on the kit for the occasional weekend drive didn't make sense anymore.

I thought I would list it here first to see if anyone here is on the lookout and will list on autotrader in a while if nothing comes my way. Thankyou, glad you found what you wanted!
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 12:12 PM   #9
martin10chk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 316i, F21 M135i (gone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuuseishu View Post
I did have a quick look, motorway weren't willing to offer much, much lower than private sale prices. I'd rather get as much as I can from the sale than go for ease of sale.
Just be aware - Motorway goes to a dealer auction process. The final bid price can substantially exceed the initial quote (which is something by way of a reserve). So mine beat reserve by 15% and a friend of mines did similarly.
Appreciate 1
      12-07-2021, 12:42 PM   #10
Kyuuseishu
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin10chk View Post
Just be aware - Motorway goes to a dealer auction process. The final bid price can substantially exceed the initial quote (which is something by way of a reserve). So mine beat reserve by 15% and a friend of mines did similarly.
Thanks for the clarification, wasn't aware it acted as a sort of reserve rather than an expected outcome. I will consider if in dire straits as I'd rather the car go to someone to take care of than to a dealer to milk it.
Appreciate 1
1 AKY459.00
      12-12-2021, 03:44 PM   #11
Kyuuseishu
First Lieutenant
Rep

Car is now for sale on Autotrader
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2021, 03:23 AM   #12
ahmedb
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 Silverstone M3

Heads up, I think those pictures will hamper your ability for a strong sale, they don't do the car justice. I'd get it cleaned up and dried properly (water marks are not desirable in pics).

Then take 8 pics from the exterior covering face on, front left, left side, left rear, rear, right rear, right side, right front. I usually take 2 more (one of the wheels and one of the headlights). I take 1 pic of the drivers seat area, one of the passenger and 1 of the rear. 1 pic of the instrument cluster and 1 of the service paperwork, folders, keys etc. That leaves you with 5 more for things like optional extra pics and on board service history.

Best of luck.
      12-13-2021, 04:12 AM   #13
Kyuuseishu
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Heads up, I think those pictures will hamper your ability for a strong sale, they don't do the car justice. I'd get it cleaned up and dried properly (water marks are not desirable in pics).

Then take 8 pics from the exterior covering face on, front left, left side, left rear, rear, right rear, right side, right front. I usually take 2 more (one of the wheels and one of the headlights). I take 1 pic of the drivers seat area, one of the passenger and 1 of the rear. 1 pic of the instrument cluster and 1 of the service paperwork, folders, keys etc. That leaves you with 5 more for things like optional extra pics and on board service history.

Best of luck.
Thanks for the heads up and advice. It is the intention to get proper pictures, unfortunately it has been an incredibly busy time with me being unable to get anything done to it properly during the weekdays or weekends. I am aware it doesn't do it justice at the moment and when I find the time I will get the exterior cleaned up.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2021, 12:19 PM   #14
Kyuuseishu
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Best of luck.
Put some updated photos in, giving it a clean has made me realise that the winter A roads have not been kind to my front end..
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2021, 07:19 AM   #15
Kyuuseishu
First Lieutenant
Rep

Updated Price: 24.5k
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 11:42 AM   #16
Kyuuseishu
First Lieutenant
Rep

Update: MOT completed with no advisories, anniversary of 26th Jan is preserved.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2022, 06:22 AM   #17
wrongmark
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 320i, F31 328i

I’ve been looking at these for ages. Really tempted, but not sure the boss (wife) will give me the sign off.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2022, 08:06 AM   #18
Kyuuseishu
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongmark View Post
I’ve been looking at these for ages. Really tempted, but not sure the boss (wife) will give me the sign off.
Suppose it depends on how well you can convince her that it's worth the swap

It's definitely a very fun car to drive on good A roads, not that much of a power bump from the 328i but the B58 engine itself is one amazing block. I do prefer the F31 guise to be fair.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 08:48 AM   #19
wrongmark
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 320i, F31 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuuseishu View Post
Suppose it depends on how well you can convince her that it's worth the swap

It's definitely a very fun car to drive on good A roads, not that much of a power bump from the 328i but the B58 engine itself is one amazing block. I do prefer the F31 guise to be fair.
It would be to replace my E90. The boss is happy driving the 328i. To be honest, now we've had an estate, I don't think I could be without one anyway! Nice car though, very tempted.

I'm surprised you've not had a dealer approach you on it. A colleague of mine recently listed a 2 series M(lite) on Autotrader and a franchised dealer bought it from him more or less sight unseen for close to his asking price.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 08:54 AM   #20
Kyuuseishu
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongmark View Post
It would be to replace my E90. The boss is happy driving the 328i. To be honest, now we've had an estate, I don't think I could be without one anyway! Nice car though, very tempted.

I'm surprised you've not had a dealer approach you on it. A colleague of mine recently listed a 2 series M(lite) on Autotrader and a franchised dealer bought it from him more or less sight unseen for close to his asking price.
I used to have an estate version but ironically enough I sold that to someone on here to buy my first place. Now here I am again!

I've had at least two suspected car dealers offer me on it but well below my asking price, which they were promptly told to try again. I feel the way the SH is because of that late first one would put them off.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2022, 06:01 PM   #21
Pentland
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i (G42)

I think your price estimate is off. The car has not sold in 7 months. There are a couple of approved used cars around the age of this one at lower starting offers. I’d expect a bit of wiggle room on those prices too. WBAC comes in at £18.5k so you can gauge from there.

Not what you want to hear but sometimes a reality check helps. Sorry.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2022, 09:08 PM   #22
Kyuuseishu
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentland View Post
I think your price estimate is off. The car has not sold in 7 months. There are a couple of approved used cars around the age of this one at lower starting offers. I’d expect a bit of wiggle room on those prices too. WBAC comes in at £18.5k so you can gauge from there.

Not what you want to hear but sometimes a reality check helps. Sorry.
I'm not entirely sure where you're getting 7 months from? (I figured out it's because you didn't realise that the date on the forums is the American format of MM/DD/YYYY) It was put on autotrader about 1 week before Christmas, an arguably slow period for big purchases. Whilst I am well aware there a few approved used showing as cheaper on autotrader, the equipment they have is nowhere near what is on mine.

The cheapest approved used sits at 23.4k with what is basically a barebones spec, no m sport+ pack, 6000 more miles. Next a 2018 approved used with 66k on the clock at 24k, yes 2 years younger but no far under double the mileage and probably the bare minimum of spec you would want.

That same 65 plate approved used on for 23.4k comes back as 17.8k on WBAC . If I feel the need to reduce the price further then I will and I am always open to offers. It's a bit of a mad market where no one really knows what's going on and prices changing frequently. Thank you for your input though.
Appreciate 0