F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Floor mats
proTUNING Freaks

02-16-2012, 01:44 AM   #1
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Floor mats

This might sound like a silly question but could anyone tell me what color the standard floor mats will be? Specifically those ones in the Luxury line with the beige interior. Please tell me these will be black and not beige like the interior (coz if they are, I'm going to have to speak to my CA lol.. I really don't want beige floor mats, they will become ugly in no-time).
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 05:58 AM   #2
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW

Others complain if they put black mats in and not beige.
Just have the delaership throw in some black mats

02-16-2012, 02:55 PM   #3
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Fleet View Post
Others complain if they put black mats in and not beige.
Just have the delaership throw in some black mats
Thanks I currently have a sand beige interior in my X5 and it does get dirty quite easily, that's kind of why I wondered. I can see why others sometimes complain the opposite way tho

Yeah I probably will. I did it when we ordered the car but his response was "they're already included with the car" but we never discussed the color. Oh well, I'm sure he will exchange them for me if they're indeed the same color as the interior and I ask him, especially if he wants my wife to get a F30 as well in a few months
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 03:19 PM   #4
Weaselboy
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340i

The demos at my dealer had mats in the trunk that matched whatever color the carpet was. So if you have beige carpet and want black mats, you will need to order them separately.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 03:32 PM   #5
90degreeman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Crappy 2001 Accord

Wouldn't you want all-season rubber mats? I think these fabric mats are hard to keep clean especially if it rains a lot in your region. The cost of the rubber mats are around 70+40=$110 USD for 4.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 03:53 PM   #6
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaselboy View Post
The demos at my dealer had mats in the trunk that matched whatever color the carpet was. So if you have beige carpet and want black mats, you will need to order them separately.
Thanks, that's what I figured. I'll send my CA an email soon and tell him he has to exchange those for black ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90degreeman View Post
Wouldn't you want all-season rubber mats? I think these fabric mats are hard to keep clean especially if it rains a lot in your region. The cost of the rubber mats are around 70+40=$110 USD for 4.
I'm in Hawaii, there's not that much rain here

But you're right though, I am thinking about the all seasons as well for if we will be moving to Europe or US mainland. But, for now, the regular blacks will do I think (plus I like fabric mats a bit better than the rubber ones).
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 04:27 PM   #7
sunxnus
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90degreeman View Post
That's not totally true. I have a 12 years car with beige mats and the mats still look and feel new. However, the black rubber mats that I have in the other car look shitty after 4 years. Rule of thumb with fabric mats, Scott it up every so often. The dirt come right off.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 04:30 PM   #8
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunxnus View Post
That's not totally true. I have a 12 years car with beige mats and the mats still look and feel new. However, the black rubber mats that I have in the other car look shitty after 4 years. Rule of thumb with fabric mats, Scott it up every so often. The dirt come right off.
For real? Even after serious bad weather and such?

Hmm.. kind of wonder if I shouldn't stick with the beige instead then.. dangit why do you make it harder for me hahaha
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 04:48 PM   #9
Weaselboy
Major
Rep

Quote:
You are right they can be cleaned and clean up pretty well, but if you live somewhere where it rains a lot and dirty footprints get tracked onto the mats, they will look like hell in between cleanings. I had a 2003 330i with beige interior/mats and even washing the car and vacuuming once a week with a spot cleaning of the mats they still would look awful by the end of the week. Even if it did not rain just the black asphalt transfer from my wife walking across the parking lot at work would make them look dirty. Never again.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 06:23 PM   #10
PARTS@STBMW
Rep

Thumbs up F30 Floor Mats

Hey guys...just checked out the brand new aftersales floor mats for the F30. Unfortunatley, the stock floormats the f30's come with are either solid oyster(beige) or solid black with no emboidered lettering. The aftersales mats are nice. The carpet mats actually weigh heavier than the all-weather. The carpet mats have a nice rubber in-lay where you would typically get heal wear from your gas foot. The sport line has a red trim, and the modern line has an oyster trim, and the basic line is solid black. Both the sport and modern line are solid black inside the trim. All have nice embroidered BMW lettering in the floor mats, including the rears. I also discovered, that the stock e-brake handle is solid black. You can get a aftersales e-brake handle with either a red leather in-lay stripeor oyster leather in-lay stripe in the handle. A nice extra touch for your interior.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 10:11 PM   #11
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PARTS@STBMW View Post
Hey guys...just checked out the brand new aftersales floor mats for the F30. Unfortunatley, the stock floormats the f30's come with are either solid oyster(beige) or solid black with no emboidered lettering.
That would probably mean black mats for me then since I have the luxury with beige, but not oyster (would look silly if it had oyster carpets, I think). I guess I have to see how it gets delivered and if I'm not happy enough, I'll let the CA know the same moment

Quote:
The aftersales mats are nice. The carpet mats actually weigh heavier than the all-weather. The carpet mats have a nice rubber in-lay where you would typically get heal wear from your gas foot. The sport line has a red trim, and the modern line has an oyster trim, and the basic line is solid black. Both the sport and modern line are solid black inside the trim. All have nice embroidered BMW lettering in the floor mats, including the rears. I also discovered, that the stock e-brake handle is solid black. You can get a aftersales e-brake handle with either a red leather in-lay stripeor oyster leather in-lay stripe in the handle. A nice extra touch for your interior.
Just wondering since I only see sport, modern and basic with those accessories. Do they regard luxury as basic with the accessories? It would make sense but it's a bit odd I never actually see luxury mentioned.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 10:13 PM   #12
PrinceBarin
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 CP (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by svache
Quote:
For real? Even after serious bad weather and such?

Hmm.. kind of wonder if I shouldn't stick with the beige instead then.. dangit why do you make it harder for me hahaha
Can you not get the dealer to throw in some black mats as well? That way you can have black in winter and beige in summer!
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 10:47 PM   #13
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceBarin View Post
Can you not get the dealer to throw in some black mats as well? That way you can have black in winter and beige in summer!
I think I'm going to get him to give me black ones indeed but not sure if it can be for that reason, seeing that I live in Hawaii
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 10:14 AM   #14
PARTS@STBMW
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by svache View Post
That would probably mean black mats for me then since I have the luxury with beige, but not oyster (would look silly if it had oyster carpets, I think). I guess I have to see how it gets delivered and if I'm not happy enough, I'll let the CA know the same moment

Just wondering since I only see sport, modern and basic with those accessories. Do they regard luxury as basic with the accessories? It would make sense but it's a bit odd I never actually see luxury mentioned.
Oyster is the beige interior from what we've read and seen here on the lot...We haven't gotten the catalogue from corporate yet for the new F30, so we're not completely clear on which interior package is associated with each sales package so to speak. But we did notice as well that they don't mention the luxury line with the floor mats.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 10:31 AM   #15
sunxnus
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaselboy View Post
You are right they can be cleaned and clean up pretty well, but if you live somewhere where it rains a lot and dirty footprints get tracked onto the mats, they will look like hell in between cleanings. I had a 2003 330i with beige interior/mats and even washing the car and vacuuming once a week with a spot cleaning of the mats they still would look awful by the end of the week. Even if it did not rain just the black asphalt transfer from my wife walking across the parking lot at work would make them look dirty. Never again.
I don't live in an area where there is much mud or sand, so result might be different. I would say same goes true with the black rubber mats, unless you clean it. Matter of fact, sand probably more noticable on black rubber than beige. Anyway, it all depends on how you handle dirt and take care the mats.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 12:02 PM   #16
SoFlo_Nick
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Current (392 Widebody Charger)

BMW will always put matching floor mats to the interior. I think if you can request a STO (Specific to Order) they can add black floor math at the factory or have them ordered from BMW i don't think it will be a problem
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 03:30 PM   #17
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Oyster is the beige interior from what we've read and seen here on the lot...We haven't gotten the catalogue from corporate yet for the new F30, so we're not completely clear on which interior package is associated with each sales package so to speak. But we did notice as well that they don't mention the luxury line with the floor mats.
Beige is oyster? Aren't the both of them completely different colors? At least that's how it looked to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGuyadeen View Post
BMW will always put matching floor mats to the interior. I think if you can request a STO (Specific to Order) they can add black floor math at the factory or have them ordered from BMW i don't think it will be a problem
Nah, not going to happen at the factory anymore, it's on it's way to Bremerhaven or could be already there by now
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 07:01 AM   #18
Weaselboy
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by svache View Post
Beige is oyster? Aren't the both of them completely different colors? At least that's how it looked to me.
They are definitely different. Oyster is has much more of a taupe tint to it than the beige.
Appreciate 0