F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > If the Election was held today who would you vote for? (Poll)
GetBMWParts
View Poll Results: 2008 President
Barak Obama 17 20.00%
Hilary Clinton 8 9.41%
John Edward 7 8.24%
Rudy G. 28 32.94%
Al Gore (Possible Candidate) 10 11.76%
I don't give a Damn!!!!! 15 17.65%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

03-11-2007, 10:15 AM   #23
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
- If your greatest concern is what everyone else thinks of you, then you have lost. You cannot please everyone. Trying will always lead to disappointment. I am not saying to not try to be liked, but when it doesn't work that way, shake the dust off your sandals and walk on.

The rest of your rant doesn't deserve a response.
Please EVERYONE ELSE???
Are you awake or you just pretend to be smart by typing all those phrases above.

He did not please ANYONE, but maybe 30% of his own and 2% of the rest of the world. Never happened before that we were this hated.
Anyway, I really do not care much for museld and my era because I have done well so far. What my biggest concern is -- the lives of my children that are set to fail from the very beginning...
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2007, 10:31 AM   #24
DFW_M
Major General
Rep

Quote:
You don't get upset very easily, do you? Your face must be red. I had no idea that mild words would affect you so. Now to a couple items:

- What you say about the econony is an incomplete thought. What do you mean?
- If somebody wants me to pay their medical bills for them, they need to ask me personally, or someone on their behalf should ask. And it is my decision whether to help them. If people had to ask the giver, then there might be a lot less complaining about the governments lack of care.
- GWB proposed on at least two occassions in separate state of the union addresses (and followed up with a US tour to promote) changes to Social Security that would keep it working. And better than ever. The plan was too sweeping a change for a weak congress. This change would have been better for everybody in the US. The life insurance lobby had some role in it's defeat. If you are not familiar with GWB's proposals, then do some research before you claim he has done nothing good.
- On education, he has done better than any president that I can think of. If you want to claim he has done no good here, then provide some evidence (or at least a rationale for your argument). Personally, I would rather that the public school system were only one of the options students had for where to attend. And I mean from grade school on up. My taxes should not go to paying for public schools to indoctrinate my kids into liberalism. If my kids were going to private school, or home-schooled, then I should either not have to pay school tax, or at least, I should get a voucher for tuition/books/materials/education related expenses. Take your pick, but stop picking from my wallet.

1) ECONOMY:
THe economy is a cyclical thing. If Clinton stayed in the office another 4 years, he would be remembered as the guy that put us in recession. This way we all remember him because of the great late ninetees... So, I really do not blame Bush for a poor economy through his first few years of presidency.

2) EDUCATION:
http://www.stateline.org/live/ViewPa...ontentId=86486
I mean, when our education level is towards the bottom of the world (and I know as I did my HS ed in Europe, then the College here), and the idiot proposes to cut funding it in order to continue his cowboy-ism around the world -- that is it.

UNITER/DIVIDER:
I blame him for dividing the country worse than EVER. Nowdays it is all about the parties and a great division.

MEDICAL:
Your medical comment is...sorry to say this way -- STUPID. That way we should all decide where our taxes go and what percentage we wanted to contribute. I do not want to waste my money on this war shit, I'd much rather pay a piece of my neighbor's medical bill for that matter. I would definitely pay for my family's future bills to be covered (as in many very developed countries, and UNDEVELOPED countries, too). But wasted $1 trillion on this war is so sad.

W PROPOSALS:
You're so naive... Proposals in the State of Union address... Hmmm, he said so many great things during his re-election campaign...nothing happened. The Address you mention is just propaganda blah...

The bottom line is:
- He divided this country to 50/50...
- He IS responsible for 500k Iraqi deaths and 3200 American soldier deaths in Iraq (I did support his effort in Afghanistan).
- He IS responsible for the record deficit over and over.
- He IS definitely greatly (not all the way) responsible for all this hate toward Americans in the world
- He IS definitely greatly responsible for the f'd up future of our kids...

And I coud go on and on...

PS> So far NO ONE has answered my question WHY they attacked us in particular???
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2007, 02:14 PM   #25
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i, 15 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
PS>So far NO ONE has answered my question WHY they attacked us in particular???
Any Al-qaida out there reading this thread who can answer this for the man?
      03-11-2007, 02:42 PM   #26
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
1) ECONOMY:
THe economy is a cyclical thing. If Clinton stayed in the office another 4 years, he would be remembered as the guy that put us in recession. This way we all remember him because of the great late ninetees... So, I really do not blame Bush for a poor economy through his first few years of presidency.
Yes, the recession started under Clinton. I don't blame Clinton for the recession. I do not give Clinton credit for the stock market of the late 90s. I do not blame Clinton for the internet bubble that burst.
Quote:
2) EDUCATION:
I mean, when our education level is towards the bottom of the world (and I know as I did my HS ed in Europe, then the College here), and the idiot proposes to cut funding it in order to continue his cowboy-ism around the world -- that is it.
I am not aware of GWB defunding education. Really I don't care. The educational system as it exists in America needs to be abolished or rebuilt from the ground up. It is not a Republican educational establishment. If anything, it is the fault of the liberals who run the whole thing. So, we agree that the education system in America is atrocious.
Quote:
UNITER/DIVIDER:
I blame him for dividing the country worse than EVER. Nowdays it is all about the parties and a great division.
This happened because the liberals can't stand it when a non-liberal has any power - especially if they exercise it. The liberal media is with the liberal political establishment.
Quote:
MEDICAL:
Your medical comment is...sorry to say this way -- STUPID. That way we should all decide where our taxes go and what percentage we wanted to contribute. I do not want to waste my money on this war shit, I'd much rather pay a piece of my neighbor's medical bill for that matter. I would definitely pay for my family's future bills to be covered (as in many very developed countries, and UNDEVELOPED countries, too). But wasted $1 trillion on this war is so sad.
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
National defense is the fundamental responsibility of our government. If our taxes can't go to national defense, then there should be no tax at all.

Show me where in the constitution you have a right to medical care paid for by me. If you can muster enough support for your universal health care (if that is what you wish) then this can be done. It is not wise. You would have to constrain those who use unversal health care to be responsible with their health. No obecity. No smoking. No alcoholism. Are you prepared to micro-manage people's lives? I don't want you to micro-manage mine. People have freedom. With freedom comes individual responsibility. Take away the responsibility, and ultimately you must take away the freedom. Do you want that?
Quote:
W PROPOSALS:
You're so naive... Proposals in the State of Union address... Hmmm, he said so many great things during his re-election campaign...nothing happened. The Address you mention is just propaganda blah...
The president can propose legislation, but it is only a proposal until congress acts on it to send it to him for his approval. If the people are not inspired by it enough that the poll watching legislators and the media have no choice but to act, then it is dead before it gets anywhere. You can blame the president for not inspiring people. This is where a Ronald Reagan type could make a difference.
Quote:
The bottom line is:
- He divided this country to 50/50...
- He IS responsible for 500k Iraqi deaths and 3200 American soldier deaths in Iraq (I did support his effort in Afghanistan).
- He IS responsible for the record deficit over and over.
- He IS definitely greatly (not all the way) responsible for all this hate toward Americans in the world
- He IS definitely greatly responsible for the f'd up future of our kids...

And I coud go on and on...
This is your rant and only your opinion.
      03-11-2007, 03:57 PM   #27
DFW_M
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Yes, the recession started under Clinton. I don't blame Clinton for the recession. I do not give Clinton credit for the stock market of the late 90s. I do not blame Clinton for the internet bubble that burst.
I am not aware of GWB defunding education. Really I don't care. The educational system as it exists in America needs to be abolished or rebuilt from the ground up. It is not a Republican educational establishment. If anything, it is the fault of the liberals who run the whole thing. So, we agree that the education system in America is atrocious.

This happened because the liberals can't stand it when a non-liberal has any power - especially if they exercise it. The liberal media is with the liberal political establishment.
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
National defense is the fundamental responsibility of our government. If our taxes can't go to national defense, then there should be no tax at all.

Show me where in the constitution you have a right to medical care paid for by me. If you can muster enough support for your universal health care (if that is what you wish) then this can be done. It is not wise. You would have to constrain those who use unversal health care to be responsible with their health. No obecity. No smoking. No alcoholism. Are you prepared to micro-manage people's lives? I don't want you to micro-manage mine. People have freedom. With freedom comes individual responsibility. Take away the responsibility, and ultimately you must take away the freedom. Do you want that?

The president can propose legislation, but it is only a proposal until congress acts on it to send it to him for his approval. If the people are not inspired by it enough that the poll watching legislators and the media have no choice but to act, then it is dead before it gets anywhere. You can blame the president for not inspiring people. This is where a Ronald Reagan type could make a difference.

This is your rant and only your opinion.
He's great...wish he could remain in the office another term...
Lucky for me and my family, we all have dual citizenship...
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2007, 03:59 PM   #28
DFW_M
Major General
Rep

Quote:
So, all you can tell me is because we have these great free lives here...
You have no freikin clue about it...
No one needs to tell me actually...it is so very obvious...Russia polices Chechnia -- they do the attacks, Israel does the same with Palestinians...attacks, Milosevic did with Albanians in Kosovo...guess what -- attacks. Therefore, you play the world police -- innocent pay the price...simple as that...
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2007, 04:00 PM   #29
DFW_M
Major General
Rep

Quote:
BTW, how old are you if you don't mind me asking?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2007, 04:10 PM   #30
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
He's great...wish he could remain in the office another term...
Certainly you know this cannot happen.
Quote:
To where are you moving?
      03-11-2007, 04:12 PM   #31
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
BTW, how old are you if you don't mind me asking?
How old do you think I am? Why would you like to know? And hold old are you?
      03-11-2007, 04:29 PM   #32
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So, all you can tell me is because we have these great free lives here...
You have no freikin clue about it...
I can guess. Let's see.
  • The US is not an Islamic nation but is full of infidels.
  • We allow perverts to rally in public places convincing people that their alternative lifestyle is OK and should be protected by force of government.
  • Hollywood produces a lot of trash that is vulgar to moslems.
  • Bimmer envy.
  • They resent the influence that the US government enjoys.
  • A lot of people need somebody to hate.
  • It is easy to hate winners, especially those that appear to be paper tigers.
  • Our borders and security are lax.
I haven't really listened to their grievances, because they are not worth considering.

Many of them I likely could find I am in agreement. The difference is partially in what you consider to be the solution.

I will never become a moslem.

You should check your language and your anger/rage.
      03-11-2007, 04:30 PM   #33
DFW_M
Major General
Rep

Quote:
How old do you think I am? Why would you like to know? And hold old are you?
Just wondering..
I'm 35...you could have found that easily by reading my other posts...
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2007, 04:31 PM   #34
DFW_M
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Certainly you know this cannot happen.

To where are you moving?
Moving nowhere...but always eyeing the best place for my fam.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2007, 04:34 PM   #35
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Just wondering..
I'm 35...you could have found that easily by reading my other posts...
You could have found in my profile that I am in my mid-40's.
      03-11-2007, 04:35 PM   #36
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
None of them. All politicians are crooks. I've lost almost all faith in the voting system.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2007, 04:36 PM   #37
DFW_M
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I can guess. Let's see. The US is not an Islamic nation but is full of infidels. We allow perverts to rally in public places convincing people that their alternative lifestyle is OK and should be protected. Hollywood produces a lot of trash that is vulgar to moslems. Bimmer envy. They resent the influence that the US government enjoys. A lot of people need somebody to hate. It is easy to hate winners, especially those that appear to be paper tigers. Our borders and security are lax. I haven't really listened to their grievances, because they are not worth considering. Many of them I likely could find I am in agreement. The difference is partially in what you consider to be the solution. I will never become a moslem. You should watch your language and your anger/rage.
The last sentence you put there is simply against everything you said above -- freedom of speech and expression and freedom of opinion -- the so called our great democracy...

As for the rest -- a load of FOX crap

Being a moslem or a non-moslem has nothing to do with any of that. That racial crap is what got us where we are:
- we know nothing about the moslem religion and background
- we know nothing about their history
- and we do not care.

No one wants us to become moslems -- all they want (same as Chechens, Kosovars, Irish, Palestinians...) is to leave them alone, get our shit out of their countries and mind our own business...
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2007, 04:37 PM   #38
DFW_M
Major General
Rep

Quote:
You could have found in my profile that I am in my mid-40's.
OK, cool.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2007, 04:49 PM   #39
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The last sentence you put there is simply against everything you said above -- freedom of speech and expression and freedom of opinion -- the so called our great democracy...
With freedom comes responsibility. If we were to rescind our freedom, we would keep ourselves in check under threat of force. I am not perfectly able to control my tongue either. Or my anger. But most of the tiime I do.
Quote:
As for the rest -- a load of FOX crap
I don't care much for FOX. Too many liberals and others who shoot their mouths off. I would rather get just the news from a news channel, not the opinions. Do you watch FOX? How else would you know?
Quote:
Being a moslem or a non-moslem has nothing to do with any of that. That racial crap is what got us where we are:
- we know nothing about the moslem religion and background
- we know nothing about their history
- and we do not care.

No one wants us to become moslems -- all they want (same as Chechens, Kosovars, Irish, Palestinians...) is to leave them alone, get our shit out of their countries and mind our own business...
I would be in favor of leaving them alone if they did not attack us or our interests/allies. Among those interests/allies would be Israel. And I will not get into a discussion about how the modern nation of Israel came into being, or what has happened in regard to Israel since then. Israel is a good friend and I hope it remains that way.
      03-11-2007, 04:56 PM   #40
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post
None of them. All politicians are crooks. I've lost almost all faith in the voting system.
That is part of why we need to keep government limited in it's size/scope/power. It's hard to imagine why people would go into government. If they don't become crooks, they have a hard time getting enough support to get elected. They have to play the center where the deciding votes are cast.

Everybody in this poll are left of center. So I vote for Pedro.
      03-11-2007, 05:06 PM   #41
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Really? Then could you please go to whatever other country you are a citizen of and never come back? It would make me very happy seeing as all you ever do is bash the US government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2007, 05:15 PM   #42
DFW_M
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
Really? Then could you please go to whatever other country you are a citizen of and never come back? It would make me very happy seeing as all you ever do is bash the US government.
Otherwise we would have Castro leading us.

So be happy there are people that see other parts of this planet than the USA and see how great it actually can be out there and bash the useless Govt...

You are very, very narrow minded.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2007, 05:42 PM   #43
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

I'm narrow minded? You're the one constantly making illogical posts and standing by opinions even after they're been proven wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2007, 05:55 PM   #44
DFW_M
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
I'm narrow minded? You're the one constantly making illogical posts and standing by opinions even after they're been proven wrong.
proven???
Show me one proof, for a single thing (politics) I said.

Not only narrow, but also empty monded...
How can you even say something when all you see is your little town/state/country.

There is so much out there you have no idea...
Appreciate 0