F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > I NEED A DROP BAD! b14 on backorder, HELP!
European Auto Source (EAS)
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-23-2018, 11:55 PM   #23
N0Chill 335i
Colonel
N0Chill 335i's Avatar
United_States
768
Rep
2,740
Posts

Drives: 13' F30 335i M Sport AW
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: MD

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicoeur View Post
Okay. Never had a ride quality issue with my set (on an Audi), but I did also opt for the swift spring upgrade, higher rates + valving, and poly washers to prevent spring bind. All in was cheaper than a set of bilsteins or kw new
Same. I've run 3 sets of BCs. I don't mind the stiff ride and some ppl are more accustomed to it than others. But I know compared to other e90s and f30s I've driven or rode in, they are lacking in ride quality when compared to Bilstein or KW setups. Even my ST1s rode better than any BC setup I've ever had, and they're just entry level KWs.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 12:30 PM   #24
ManceboF32
Enlisted Member
United_States
3
Rep
33
Posts

Drives: 2014 428i Xdrive M Sport EB II
Join Date: May 2017
Location: New York/New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Ordered B14 early in December. Got 4 different delay notices each one about 6 to 8 weeks additional every time. Was hoping that they would meet 5/20 ETA but received another delay notice pushing it to July 7th. Canceled my order with THMOTORSPORTS and just ordered some KW V1 from TunerStore on ebay. Sucks paying the additional 500 but at this point i only regret not going with KW in december. + I live in the north east so i feel better about the corrosion resistance that come with KW.

Probably wont bother buying anything bilstein after this experience as I feel they want to string you along so you don't cancel rather than just setting a real expectation upfront. Disappointed in THMOTORSPORTS as well since I think they could have been more transparent about the situation but they instead protected their own interest.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 09:27 PM   #25
DieselSport
BMW Convert
DieselSport's Avatar
99
Rep
201
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW 328d
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Diamond Bar

iTrader: (0)

I purchased Bilstein B14 recently and they were available, maybe because mine is 2018 model ?

The Bilstein's ride amazing is all i can say.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 01:14 PM   #26
335JTSD
Private
United_States
3
Rep
62
Posts

Drives: 2015 Sapphire Black 435 GC
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselSport View Post
I purchased Bilstein B14 recently and they were available, maybe because mine is 2018 model ?

The Bilstein's ride amazing is all i can say.
It's not too harsh like I keep reading? I really want to get the B14s over the BC's. The lack of features are making a hard decision.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 03:49 PM   #27
DieselSport
BMW Convert
DieselSport's Avatar
99
Rep
201
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW 328d
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Diamond Bar

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335JTSD View Post
It's not too harsh like I keep reading? I really want to get the B14s over the BC's. The lack of features are making a hard decision.
The ride is stiff but not harsh. At low speeds (10-20mph) it can feel stiff but once I get it on the highway it drives so well that I dont mind it at all. It soaks up the bumps / expansion joints on the freeway expertly and feels like you are on a premium product, which you are. The ride does not beat you up.
Appreciate 1
      05-26-2019, 01:57 PM   #28
335JTSD
Private
United_States
3
Rep
62
Posts

Drives: 2015 Sapphire Black 435 GC
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselSport View Post
The ride is stiff but not harsh. At low speeds (10-20mph) it can feel stiff but once I get it on the highway it drives so well that I dont mind it at all. It soaks up the bumps / expansion joints on the freeway expertly and feels like you are on a premium product, which you are. The ride does not beat you up.
Awesome thank you!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2019, 02:59 PM   #29
DieselSport
BMW Convert
DieselSport's Avatar
99
Rep
201
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW 328d
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Diamond Bar

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335JTSD View Post
Awesome thank you!
No problem. If you are ever in the OC area , you can test drive my car to see how the coils feel.
Appreciate 1
      05-26-2019, 09:15 PM   #30
335JTSD
Private
United_States
3
Rep
62
Posts

Drives: 2015 Sapphire Black 435 GC
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselSport View Post
No problem. If you are ever in the OC area , you can test drive my car to see how the coils feel.
Very generous, thank you! I just hope they have enough drop. They should as I'm running 235/40/19 & 265/35/19 tires, slightly larger than stock. I want it right on the tires though.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2019, 09:36 PM   #31
DieselSport
BMW Convert
DieselSport's Avatar
99
Rep
201
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW 328d
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Diamond Bar

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335JTSD View Post
Very generous, thank you! I just hope they have enough drop. They should as I'm running 235/40/19 & 265/35/19 tires, slightly larger than stock. I want it right on the tires though.
Here are a few photos when i lowered it all the way down. The front end of the diesel might be higher than yours though, so your front end might go lower.






Last edited by DieselSport; 05-26-2019 at 11:54 PM..
Appreciate 1
      05-26-2019, 09:55 PM   #32
335JTSD
Private
United_States
3
Rep
62
Posts

Drives: 2015 Sapphire Black 435 GC
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (2)

Exactly what I was looking for so should be enough. What size tires are those if you don't mind? Thank you for the pics!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2019, 10:16 PM   #33
DieselSport
BMW Convert
DieselSport's Avatar
99
Rep
201
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW 328d
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Diamond Bar

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335JTSD View Post
Exactly what I was looking for so should be enough. What size tires are those if you don't mind? Thank you for the pics!
Ahh yes i forgot the tires. They were 245/45/18 during those photos.

EDIT: i should add that it was incredibly stiff with the coils all the way down. I wouldn't recommend it for everyday street use.

Last edited by DieselSport; 05-26-2019 at 11:58 PM..
Appreciate 1
      05-27-2019, 12:25 PM   #34
335JTSD
Private
United_States
3
Rep
62
Posts

Drives: 2015 Sapphire Black 435 GC
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselSport View Post
Ahh yes i forgot the tires. They were 245/45/18 during those photos.

EDIT: i should add that it was incredibly stiff with the coils all the way down. I wouldn't recommend it for everyday street use.
Thank you and good to know. My tires are slightly smaller than yours in this pic.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
coilovers, suspension

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:54 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST